The rich should be forced to help the poor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [quote name='"5e3deluxe"']

I've worked my whole life (I'm older than your dad) and I've had my job sent overseas so many times I've list count.

You know nothing.[/quote]

Is that all you have to say? It seems like you're avoiding most of my critical points.

Older than my dad? You sound like one of those ignorant 21 year old "occupy movement" douchebags with no purpose other than finding another handout. If you're going to try to make a point, try not to talk out of your ass.

2. If the government were to create a law, creating civil and criminal punishments so severe it was no longer economically viable to send jobs away, they'd keep them here. I believe such laws would be good for the US. The corporate tax rates int he US are piss in the ocean compared to other countries. I don't see BMW or Mercedes Benz hurting.

You are wrong.

3. I'm not here to debate children. Sorry.

4. We don't actually have a free market economy right now. Our system is more akin to state capitalism or corporatism. Proponents and opponents of capitalism alike should recognize this.

5. Current business and economic practices are the equivalent of 'scorched earth' policies that the warlords of history used...strip an area of all the value and destroy the means of production to prevent others from 'rebuilding' honest long term commerce..ensuring servitude to the warlords whims, else the defeated perish from lack of food/water/shelter.

6. Why should the rich be punished for success? Everyone should be taxed evenly in my opinion, it's not fair to make you pay more if you have took a huge risk starting a business and going into debt to start up just to pay more taxes because you put allot of hard work, time, and risk into your business.I know all rich people didn't start their own business, but allot of them did. Or they worked their ass off working their way up in a company, it not fair to punish the hard-workers and innovators.

7. If outsourcing were outlawed those companies would a) go out of business (resulting in job losses overseas and domestically) or b) move their entire company overseas instead of just parts of it (also with a loss of jobs domestically). There's nothing that can be done except for the govenment to change the things I listed to make the US more competitive (lower taxes, regulations, sound money, etc.).

8. Typical liberal. I want a job handed to me. Im poor so now everyone who is not is evil and should give us their money. Gimmie gimmie gimmie gimmie... I want more money for my hour! Raise the minimum wage!

Whats the next thread about? You dont wanna walk to the bathroom? Government should force construction workers to put a toilet in every room.

9. #29 5e3deluxe, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    I worked hard to learn the skills to do every job I ever had. I have worked for everything I ever had. Clearly you're just spouting teabagger rhetoric.

Buh bye, Tiny.

10. If they send jobs overseas, they should have their businesses taken away from them. They are traitors.

11. [quote name='"5e3deluxe"']

If the government were to create a law, creating civil and criminal punishments so severe it was no longer economically viable to send jobs away, they'd keep them here. I believe such laws would be good for the US. The corporate tax rates int he US are piss in the ocean compared to other countries. I don't see BMW or Mercedes Benz hurting.

You are wrong.[/quote]
    Those kinds of laws would hurt the US more than anything. You don't seem to understand how it works. Companies make the materials domestically, then outsource production to another country. This helps them turn bigger profits, produce bettter products for lower prices, and bring more retail jobs to the US.

And you realize that BMW has a plant in South Carolina and Mercedes Benz has one in Alabama, correct?

12. OP, it seems like all you're doing is insulting the people who have a difference in opinion. Just because you state your opinion and say "buh-bye" or "you're wrong" it doesn't make you right.

13. Just what the US needs. Ship away manufacturing jobs, get retail jobs! Great logic there.

14. Yes. It does.

15. So the point of your thread was to scream your thoughts and give a big fuck-you to anyone who believes differently?

16. [quote name='"5e3deluxe"']

If they send jobs overseas, they should have their businesses taken away from them. They are traitors.[/quote]

... because that's how freedom works!

17. My position states if corporations and wealthy individuals cannot find compassion within themselves to help those in need, then they should have their wealth confiscated to help those in need. There are MANY people like me, shoved out because we're inconvenient or expensive. No compassion has been shown us.

They should be afforded every bit of compassion they show. They can either help the poor themselves, or the government can help them find that compassion, even if it's rooted in naked self-interest.

18. [quote name='"5e3deluxe"']Just what the US needs. Ship away manufacturing jobs, get retail jobs! Great logic there.[/quote]

I would think so? If you want a manufacturing job, move to China and work long, hard hours for 50¢/hr. I think ill stick around and collect my $9.50/hr working a cash register.

Then again, you don't seem bright enough to operate a cash register. So I guess I do see your logic.

19. #40 Mairuzu, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012

Why is that?

OP is a troll by the way if no one can tell. The willingful idiocy should have made it obvious. Either that or he has the communication skills of a child.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.