The Revolution. We Need Your Help.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bejdavies, Jul 9, 2014.

1. #1 bejdavies, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Hello everyone. 

I've spoken to many people now about a project that I am in the midst of, and I have received both constructive advice and encouragement in varying manners. I was, at first, perhaps a little buoyant to think that people would trust that I am capable of something that is unfortunately somewhat beset in pessimism, but nevertheless, I am still here, and have made progress. 

I won't iterate who I am or why I am doing this unless asked, as to retain some humility. My work is chiefly concentrated in the book I have written, which also, I will not ask you to invest in unless you wish to do so.
    I was lucky enough to meet with Graham Hancock, author of the fantastic book Fingerprints of the Gods, and friend to Duncan at Glastonbury last week. I have given him a copy of the book which he is currently reading (he has since contacted me to assure me of this), and so I hope the direction of my projects future course will begin to become more clear.

What I would ask of you today is this: cooperation. I have already dedicated myself to this ambition so its sensibility can be assured, and I think that we need to come together in a real way to take the first steps. Forget my book - it's simply a proof and philosophical explanation of what we need to change from and to, and why, and how etc, for people who do not yet know it. Since you're all here in this forum you must be already on the way to waking up, if not being already.

There are a lot of people who have gotten involved already, but it's does seem to be a trend that many of the "smarter" people are also less open-minded. In this forum however I am lucky to find open-minded people who are also smart, and so I would ask for you to help me to organise a group. I have a few options if you are interested. I have a facebook page which could use a couple admins to produce content (currently 610 likes), but mainly I have a facebook group that I would like to grow (currently under 400 members).

Also, I am completely open to help, advice, or simply someone to team up with. I assume it is unlikely, but if this message could make its way somehow to Duncan that would also be a great, great help. I don't want this to be MY project, but rather our project. A project of our race. 

So, what do you think?

2. I've never read such a long post with such few details! Wow your book must....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

What about?

4. #4 bejdavies, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Oh. The project, called The Metaphysical Revolution is a philosophical activism project, where we aim to revolutionise the perception of western civilisation in a effort to transform politics and culture. We facilitate the transcendence of materialism.

Over the course of recent history, it has been an increasing concern that human civilisation is under the influence of a powerful illusion, which has arisen from our inordinate sensory perception of the outside world, and languages that are fundamentally restricted and thought determining.

The illusion is the idea that we are something that is separate to the world that we see outside of us, and that our skin is a barrier that separates self from other. Due to this perception, we have grown to feel that the world is something that we are confronting; we feel that we have to teach and instruct people to act, think and believe in a certain kind of ‘way', so that we can beat the world, before it beats us.

Most of the world's population see it that the purpose of life is to attain status and success, and to better others, rather than simply to live, love, and enjoy. This delusion is not due to a lacking in our intelligence, or an inability to interpret what is true, but is maintained simply because it is what we have always been told. It is encrypted into our language, and it underlies our culture in the form of frivolous traditions, sloppy education, incongruous laws and inculcating television. It has corrupted our political systems, distorted our integrity, wasted our environment and exploited our people, and for these reasons, it is a very serious illusion indeed.

We are all humans, and our problems are a disease of our race as a whole, and not of its individuals. When we put aside the semantics of our problems, and forget about who may be to blame or not to blame, changing the world becomes as simple and easy as closing our eyes. All it takes is a choice; you can choose to attach yourself to the outside world and your thoughts or not – to live with jealousy or with trust, with greed or generosity, or with fear or love. To live in fear, and attached to the world, we will continue to use up our resources, eradicate endangered species, creates masses of pollution, exploit the poor, and so on.

If we choose to live with love, and stop trying to control the uncontrollable, however, we will save and fame the environment, build exquisite machines, transform renewable energy, create equality around the world, end war, develop healthy and fair economic and social systems that really work, create artificial intelligence, explore outer space, and much, much more.

The Metaphysical Revolution is a new book that suggests a solution to the problems of our time, so that the human race can continue with its evolution more steadily, by moving towards more sustainable ways of living and equality.

By combining teachings from eastern philosophy, findings in modern physics, and personal experience, this is a book that will shed light on the metaphysics of these limitations, and how we transcend them.

The book depicts an on-going global revolution and the inevitable spiritual transcendence over the fundamental assumptions that currently restrict and define our culture.

5. I stopped here dude, some people are driven by material gain and status like you say, you will never change that.

You should put your efforts into making people have a voice so we can change the way the government run the country, like Iceland. Everyone moans about the things the government do but nobody ever does anything about it, last time I checked they were public servants and we were the public.
    I didnt get that expensive education but I can see where the government fuck up, that right there tells me that something is very wrong.

6. Politics will not be transformed until people understand on an indisputable and fundamental level why it should be, on both a moral and rational level. That is the aim of this project - to enhance our sense and fuel our passion to change. Right now, we all think that things should change, but we're not that willing to try, simply because we don't REALLY know why it should change. 

7. To most, contemplating the profound and esoteric is a matter of indifference, and ultimately inapplicable to our daily lives. What we fail to realise however is that there are very basic metaphysical assumptions that we all make, primarily in our youth, that we take on confidence to be truths. Whether they really are truths or not is not really the point here, though we will come to that later, what is important is that these basic assumptions determine the essential ways that we act and think. They can make us open, closed, fearful, or relaxed, and it is these assumptions, which, through the course of this book, I hope that you will allow yourself to question.

Wow woe woe! Hold on right there bro. You happen to be talking to a stoner that is too ignorant to understand, and personally, I don't give a damn.

8. "to change" what.. things? or ourselves? 

"things" will not change if you do not make the change within yourself. 

9. Also you will find a lot of people are scared of change.

I know where youre going with this but at the minute youre not selling it to me. I see it like this, people (most) have a moral compass, we already know whats right and whats wrong and dont need to be re-educated to understand. Its the system that needs to change, the distribution of wealth needs to change and the education system needs to change, I could go on. My point is people know this already but have to many distractions in life, again due to the system, to even think about how the country is being run and what is really going on.
    How are you going to convince me to give what little time I have left in the day after work to get involved in this cause.

10. #11 bejdavies, Jul 9, 2014
    p42082, you are not wrong in your interpretation. The system is what needs to change, but you must see that, the system is us. CEO's, politicians, they are all members of the public, and if they, just as us, were to change their perceptions towards what this situation were in called life is all about, then a political revolution would be possible. Right now, our science and materialistic nature leads us to believe that we are not really responsible for our actions. That our immorality is natural, and that we have to fight to survive.

This is what I am proposing.

Because we feel that an individual is a product of a dead universe, and that we are surrounded by and living on just a bunch of dead rocks, which essentially have nothing to do with human life, we feel at war with the world. We may be instinctively nice and moral and want good things to happen, but we don't KNOW in our hearts that change is right, we just think it would be good,

My project aims to reveal how Newtonian physics and metaphysics is archaic and outdated. How we are not simply the imporbably relic of a load of dead junk, but that we are an essential part of the universe - that the human race exists within what we call 'dead' as implicit. Just because we're not attached to ground like trees, we think we are different. But we are not. Realising this will once again give us responsibility to deal kindly to the thing that facilitates our existence. It will also lead us to see that happiness cannot be found in wealth and power, but in helping others, as others literally are ourselves. We are all a part of the same system, and we all hold a piece of the puzzle. We can all ponder on this and see it as poetic and pretty, but to REALLY know it, we would change EVERYTHING about the way we live.

11. No, I will not join your cult.

12. You know, if you were a much more established member of the community, we might take you seriously.  But this looks and smells like the "grass roots" programs that corporations come up with instead of something that is truly an individual effort.

Good luck, but really, you're in the wrong place.  WIth the wrong folks.

13. Wow, I sure am in the wrong place. I shan't be affected, but you should know, dis-encouraging people who genuinely want to help our race is working on the side of what we have called "evil".

14. You lost me at that sentence. If that is your goal you will never succeed and you are wasting your time.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a noble goal sure sure. But one that will be unattainable for a god damned loooong time.

Who's "WE" exactly?  

Genuinely want to help the human race?  While selling your book at the same time.  So...which is it?  Help the human race or make money off your book.  Oh wait you don't make any money off it right?  It's nominally priced to cover costs right?  You don't make a dime off our purchases right?  You gotta make a living though...

It's one thing to be contrite and say you want to help everyone.

It's another to basically advertise your work.  Which is all you've really done here.  You may get a few clicks, you might even get a sale or two.  But let's call it what it is, you're advertising your book.  Plain and simple.

16. #18 p42082, Jul 9, 2014
    Ok this now sounds like you want to change people's beliefs.You have already lost by saying you want to teach people to understand we are the same as trees.
    You describing the world as a load of dead junk could offend someone that believes God created the world for a purpose. So in fact you could be contradicting yourself here because on one hand you want love and unity but to achieve it we need to succumb to your beliefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. @<span>bejdavies</span>

Ben, you do realize that by giving the links, you did tell us who you are.?!

I have taken the liberty of removing the links that are considered self-promotion or advertising.

You are welcome to discuss your thoughts and ideas and engage with other members.

I do ask that you take the time to read the forum guidelines, located in the forum's stickies areas, to circumvent any future transgressions. :smoke: