The Renaissance is Coming!

Discussion in 'General' started by Perpetual Burn, May 8, 2007.

1. The revolution might not be televised
    But it will be posted on the internet
    For after all, the internet is the revolution
    And now, the renaissance is upon us...

Californians, stand up and unit! Be apart of true greatness that will forever the human race as we know it.

California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative 2008

http://www.jackherer.com/initiative.html

Come December 2007, Californians will 150 days to gather 1 million signatures from registered voters to get the California Cannabis Hemp & Health Initiative on the November 4th, 2008 ballot.

The revolution is upon us and the renaissance is soon to follow.

2. If I didn't live all the way in CT I would definetly go :p

So I'm just gunna *bump* this thread, cuz it's a good one

3. If they changed the age from 21 to 18 then A LOT more people would vote. I think one of the reasons why these acts failed in Colorado and Nevada is because they set the age to 21, and therefore people 18-20 didn't have that much of an incentive to vote. I'll still vote/sign for it though since I'm in Cali. Anyways, it's about time they tried to legalize weed in Cali, I think out of all the states in the U.S., Cali has the highest chance of it being legalized.

4. For a breif second while the page was loading I thought you were talking about the Renaissance Fair, which is the most moronic shit on the planet.

1 million signatures in 150 days? Pretty rough, but I guess if every person gets two people, it wouildnt be hard.

5. I don't think it's a matter of wether or not they'll get the signatures. With 73% of Californians favoring cannabis reform and 15.8 million registered voters... it's going to happen.

This thread should be more about how this will affect the state of California, the United States, the world as a whole? If The Emperor Wears no Clothes is as truthful as it appears to be, it's stands to great reason that this will undoubtedly forever change the world as we know it.

So, what do you guys think this will for prohibition, human rights, world economics, foreign policy, etc. ?

6. the illegaliztion of MJ is a federal law, right?, so wont changing the state law do nothing unless the country leaglizes it as a whole?

7. Yes, but without local police support, the DEA stands no chance of enforcing the law... not that they ever stood a chance in ridding the country of cannabis, but now it will be even harder.

8. I live in conservative Pennsylvania, so I really can't be of much help. Although I wish you a good luck and a kudos, and I'll probably be moving to Cali if you guys win.

9. Hmmm seems too good to be true, but is this a request or is this something our govt said, you have 150 days blah blah...

If we need 1 million signatures in a 150 days, I'll be out there with picket signs, shit.

10. Don't wait till they win to move out there... move out there now and help ensure they win. I'm moving to Cali this summer, or at least before December. I was debating between Colorado and Cali, but this is the tide-turner.

Glad to hear that Budder81, I will also be joining in on the fight... but not with signs, but going door-to-door gathering signatures.

But now, I'm thinking I might be off base in how easy it will be to get the signatures. They have tried this initiative in '94, 95, 96, 00, and '04. But nonetheless, we must try.