The Red Ring Of Death

Discussion in 'General' started by giagemgal, Nov 28, 2007.

1. My fourth xbox. I have two, but one has been replaced four times. Dead. Red ring of death.

Why. Microsoft stinks in my opinion. Maybe it was the Wii......it has this special device that kills xbox's. I'm convinced.

Damn

Damn

So damn sad:(

and mad:mad:

2. That sucks.Thats why i got mine insured

3. i had to send mine in because it just stopped working one time. they sent me another piece of shit that has a hard to push on button and just recently found out(i always use the controller to turn it on)

i wonder if i make a claim and send it in if they'd send me back one that has an hdmi output? i could only hope

4. It seems a lot of people like the X-Box because of the variety of different titles they have, but I have heard nothing but bad things from them. Including the red ring.

5. That's the only thing really preventing me from buying one. The day they can put some decent hardware in there that will prevent this red ring of annihilation from ever (yes, I mean ever) infiltrating my system, then I'll consider it.

6. What causes this red ring of death?

I've had my 360 for almost a year now and haven't had a problem.

7. Knock on wood, emag, knock on it three times in a row.

My friend had his for about a year, took it with him to another state, plugged it in for five minutes and that was all she wrote. It can happen that quickly, strangely enough.

8. i have a brand new, hardly used 360... want it?

9. I bought my xbox 360 on ebay. A few months later, I got the red ring of death. Lo and behold, Microsoft bumped up it's insurance policy. Getting it repaired didn't cost a dime, and in fact they sent me a brand new XBox 360. No problems with it since :)

10. ya thankfully they extended it to 3 years warranty. I bought mine in the first batch produced and it seems that those are the ones that seem to be getting the red ring the most. I didn't have that problem, but eventually i got no video output at all. Still had sound and all.

Holy, I can't wait until this sunday for Dexter man.

11. Should be the best episode this season :)

12. You are very kind, however, Microsoft is replacing it at their expense, even the shipping. There was no argument, no convincing, no begging.....just...."Yes Maam, we will take care of it 100%, so sorry you had this trouble."

The red ring of death doen't usually happen on the new generation Elite and they did say that once they fix the ring of death (if they elect to) it is gone forever.

Thank you

13. Off the subject, but who cares, its my thread. LOL

Dexter is sooooooooooooooooooo mega fine. He is my addiction. The books are really awesome too!! Totally different story and just excellent.

14. Mine is insured with Best Buy since they have a no questions replacement policy for two yrs its like $60 for it but its so fucking worth it im on my third one and all i do is just go up there take my memory thing out and replace it with the new one and thats it new 360

15. Yeah, we had it insured through CC, but this last one since it was number 4 in the replacement, we just let the insurance go.

Stupid us

We use those warrentys all the time and should have not believed Microsoft when they said they were fixed right. Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggg

16. my xbox just got the red ring of death :(. i knew it was coming...mine outlasted all my friends tho. goodthing its close to Christmas i sure hope i get a 360

17. The only issue I have had with my 360 was when I was high and ignorantly moved the console when a game was in it. Well as you all know, the game never worked again, and I learned a $60 lesson.

Wait what xbox are we talking about?

My regular xbox is softmodded with Linux and I put a 160gb drive in it to play the 66 xbox games from the hdd.

My xbox makes a loud noise sometimes like the fan is getting ready to take a shit.

other than that, My xbox is fine.

18. It seems I am just a computer person, played the playstation, the N64, the PS2, but I just don't think the next generation consoles interest me that much.

I love my quad core processor.

19. its already been said probably

but there has been alot of blades getting the red ring lately, i got one last week

unforunate. are you going to send your xbox in to get repaired?? edit: my bad you are