The Reasons I Smoke.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lucifer Christ, Sep 2, 2009.

1. I've been thinking a lot the past few weeks about why I smoke weed, and what I get out of it.

Some of my favorite highs have been going up in the woods, sitting in a nice secluded spot, and smoking. I just get high, enjoy the forest, think, draw, write, read, whatever. I find that being high by myself, away from distractions like people and technology, really gives me a chance to calm down, and let my thoughts flow. I realize now, through these very alone smoke sessions, that marijuana is more than just something to do to make shit "better" or "more fun". It helps me realize a lot about myself, and the world. And this is a good reason to smoke.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love chilling out with friends and smoking until we're retarded, and just doing things, but I always felt kind of guilty, like I was abusing the drug, and not using it to it's full potential. Like it was just an enhancer, and nothing else.

Now, I can enjoy smoking the herb and "meditating", I guess you could call it, and also just smoking myself silly and partying with friends.

How many of you have experienced the same as me?

(Prime example of what I mean by "realizing a lot about myself", I came up with this explanation when I was high.)

2. Totally agree bro. Smoking has made me far more spiritually aware and centered in myself.

3. duuuuuude, your high as fuck

4. Holy shit. This may seem like an understatement...and...maybe Marley thought this, too. I want to try this. I actually have never smoked by myself in proper conditions. It was always fucked up. Like sneaking into a backyard alone, or doing it in my room with a sploof and shit.

I want to try this tomorrow. I have a nice forest where I can go to so I can relax. I just need to bring mosquito repellent. :p

Thanks dude. + Rep.

5. Naw dude, WAS pretty high though when I thought of this. But it still makes sense to my sober mind.

And TokeTheToke, try it, and bring something to do, not like technology, just pack a bag with some food and drink, maybe a little book to write thoughts and stuff in, or paper to draw on, whatever you like doing. Have a good time, I'm glad I inspired you! :hello:

6. sittin on a rock in the middle of the mountians with nothing but a bowl and my buds, is my absolute favorite thing to do. Every time i go to colorado, i spend hours by myself in the woods

7. No doubt!
    Except for me it was upstate NY & CT. But still - Just sittin in the middle of the woods, at one with nature. Its a beautiful thing:smoking:

8. I love smoking outdoors!!!! I have a river ten minutes from my house and I drive up there and smoke and its the best ever.

so relaxing. The Ultimate.

9. Yeah dudes! Glad so many people also enjoy it.

It makes being high more of an experience.

10. O live in Miami and to get to the woods I have to drive 2hours in Naples I smoke there once in a while and it's just great by yourself cuz you aren't just doing it for fun idk if I'm rephrasing you OP but ilove it by myself

KT Keep Toking

11. OP has a doooope name.

12. dood, I haven't done this yet, but I kinda get you. When I smoke, I'm always with people, but sometimes I just sit by myself, and think, and I get what you mean. goodpost, +rep

13. dude what me and my friends have learned is that bud will change you for the better if you use it with friends...

14. yeah man. i like the meditate thing, but you gotta just lay down baked as hell close your eyes and put on some very trippy or calming music. instrumental songs work better. words make me think of reality too much, but either is great.

and if you want to be the calmest you have ever been listen to "Octavarium" by Dream Theater when you are high meditating:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR9847upaSU]YouTube - Dream Theater - Octavarium (Part 1)[/ame]

15. I love doing that!

Sitting by myself with a notebook and a guitar, just jamming and writing a song. Awesome stuff.

I find my favourite music high is dance music. Like deep house/trance stuff. :]

16. Haha, thank you very much.

Thanks for the rep man.

I have also noticed that too, and I love getting high with a couple close friends, but being high alone in the right conditions is just something else.

Dude, gotta love Dream Theatre!

17. Shit, I've never gotten the opportunity to play my guitar high, I hate carrying it far, and I live with my mother still, which makes being high when she's not asleep hard.

18. The idea of sitting in a secluded spot blazing just chilling with a lunch and maybe a book sounds absolutely awesome...

19. haha, I do the basically the same thing. I head out somewhere with my bowl and my weed, listen to my ipod and just walk about outside. its great, keeps me sane when I'm stressed.

20. Thats why when i used to smoke, as of yesterday (due to court urine and breath analysis's) i'd always find it enjoyable after a day of smoking and kickin it with friends to blaze up at night before bed and just use it as time to just think, reflect, and chill alone, let my thoughts flow freely and sooth my mind without distraction. Every night i would spend at home, i would do this.

When nights would be filled with partying, trippin, rollin around people i'd always look foreward to nights when i decide to stay home rest up and smoke some ganja to myself. Self-reflection, chillin to music, playin my acoustic, and watching informational shit like survivorman and things to boost my knowledge about random shit is what i'd do on a typical "enlightend" nights alone. This is good:smoking:

Due to recent events, i can no longer use alcohol or any other substance until further notice, it really does get me down...but im tryin to stay in the positive you feel me