The Real Zong Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by glasshead, Apr 3, 2009.

1. #21 pinball wizard, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
    I think the zong brand is pretty old, didn't it start as sour or something? I'm not sure they where signed, labeled, or otherwise marked for a long time tho.

I think zongs are ok, but they have some stuff I don't like... Z percs, for instance. they could be done well (disclaimer-never hit a perced zong) but they look like they would have an assload of drag and very little filtration, in the way zong currently does them.

They did used to all be grommet, but hell, everything was... And while they're not ideal, grommet bongs don't HAVE to be bad. Now I think they're all at least gong with a downtube grommet, and most are full gong.

2. very nice bro how did that run you

3. Yea im pretty sure it was like an offshoot of the sour brand. Most people see to be pretty sure theyre made by blue dot now. and yes i agree with you percd zongs are a bad design idea. they have a lot of voume, which makes them hard to clear. I just put a diffuser in mine but i may go back to a regular stem because the drag is almost too much

4. if you guys dont mind post up the price you payed also. im interested in knowing what theyre goin for

5. yeah, had me crawling on the ground after my first rip with my mer slide...i burped like 5 minutes later and a big puff of smoke came out...it was a legendary hit, and to try to get the last tiny bit in my lungs i swallowed like a dumbass...that shit was funny as hell after the smoke came with the burp though :bongin:

6. For just the Zong it was $160, but I got it for $140 right after the shop got them. I wish I would have waited on it thought cause they have taller ones now for pretty much the same cost.

7. TO be honest the bong in the pic looks cheap and corny.

Zong the company is shit, but there are some good zong shaped pieces blown.

8. Zong the company makes them much thicker than blowers who make generic zongs. trust me I've had one. Not only is the Zong branded one more solid, it rips better.

9. #29 Pissdrunx16, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009

couldnt of said it any better!

I am digging the new galss on glass feature though! and my zong is way thicker than ANY generic zong I have seen! even the zigzags are straighter/cleaner, and also the zigzags are more sturdy than most generic zongs I have seen! my buddy has a generic and when you pick it up by the mouth piece it feels like the bong is going to snap in half! long story short it happened and if you want a zong go with the REAL DEAL!

I am pretty sure blue dot makes them now. sour<bluedot.(imo)

I paid $160 for mine! and they had the same one as mine same (no color) and same color logo for $200 but it was about 6" taller. The shop I got mine from tends to over charge a bit too since they are the only quality shop within 70 miles!

anyone know where you can order zong products? or is the over priced head shop my only option?

10. I have the same Zong that Diamond Rasta had:

[​IMG]

Got it for $150 and it rips like a monster. There's a slight amount of drag but nothing to worry about.

11. that perk dosent look to bad.. some of them that I have seen look like they would have mad drag!

12. Mine Perc'd no drag what so ever.

[​IMG]

13. Dude invest in a diffused down stem! It eliminates almost all of the drag.

14. yea im pretty sure thats your only option, but mine was only $100 at an overpriced shop

15. Just picked up a new zOng! Roller I'll have to post up a pic tomorrow. It kills! Also picked up a ash catch for the zong but I realized after I got home the bowl was built into it :(

16. here it is

Attached Files:

17. I cant believe it!!!!!!!!!

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myfriend got my this ash catch and its kinda heavy welp sure enough!! my brand new 2 week old zOng! $160 down the tube!!!!!

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! this thing was my all time fav. peice!

If anyone knows where I can find one similar that would be awesome! Or if someone could reccommend a good bong?

Attached Files:

18. whats drag?

19. its means how hard it is to pull the air though "drag"

20. so you want no drag?