The real reason weed is illegal!!

Discussion in 'General' started by DjGanja, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Oh wow... I thought that that was common knowledge too. Good call posting it though, I'm surprised how many people don't know this. Everyone should. Educate the masses!

The base reason for this is the same reason LSD is illegal except for it's much easier to justify illegalizing LSD for obvious reasons. Not to mention, you can't just grow LSD... it's a very complicated process that no one without a masters in chemistry should even consider attempting as well as the materials needed are red flagged up the ass and out the urethra. Oh my poor LSD... I won't let anyone hurt you. Get away from me you sick piece of shit, Mr. Government!

2. I wonder if they had diggity-dank in the 30's

3. If you can't understand what I meant then I guess there really isn't any point in me explaining it because you clearly won't understand anything

4. that had some very interesting stuff in it.. i just wonder if there is any possible way to change the way people think now w/o billions of $.. its just sad that all of america is lied to like this

5. Isn't hemp very different from marijuana being that it only has like 1% of THC or less?

6. True, you can't tax something that occurs naturally so the government doesn't want people using it. Its all a sick money-making, fucking-over-their-people, scheme. To outlaw marijuana which took place in 1928 An Egyptian representitive gave the League of Nations (now known as the United Nations) this speech. The issue was the illegalisation of opium, this seemingly knowledgeable man stepped up and said "If you are going to make opium illgegal then you MUST make marijuana and hashish illgegal as well. Of course at this time nobody knew what the fuck hashish or marijuana was, this is what they were informed by the Egyptian -

We must next consider the effects which are produced by the use of hashish and distinguish between:
    (1) Acute hashishism, and
    (2) Chronic hashishism.
    Taken in small doses, hashish at first produces an agreeable inebriation, a sensation of well-being and a desire to smile; the mind is stimulated. A slightly stronger dose brings a feeling of oppression and of discomfort. There follows a kind of hilarious and noisy delirium in persons of a cheerful disposition, but the delirium takes a violent form in persons of violent character. It should be noted that the behaviour under the influence of the delirium is always related to the character of an individual. The state of inebriation or delirium is followed by slumber, which is usually peaceful but sometimes broken by nightmares. The awakening is not unpleasant; there is a slight feeling of fatigue, but it soon passes.
    Hashish absorbed in large doses produces a furious delirium and strong physical agitation; it predisposes to acts of violence in all characters and produces a characteristic strident laugh. This condition is followed by a veritable stupor, which cannot be called sleep. Great fatigue is felt on awakening, and the feeling of depression may last for several days.
    The habitual use of hashish brings on chronic hashishism.
    The countenance of the addict becomes gloomy, his eye is wild and the expression of his face stupid. He is silent; has no muscular power; suffers from physical ailments, heart troubles, digestive troubles, etc.; his intellectual faculties gradually weaken and the whole organism decays. The addict very frequently becomes neurasthenic and, eventually, insane.
    In general, the absorption of hashish produces hallucinations, illusions as to time and place, fits of trembling, and convulsions.
    A person under the influence of hashish presents symptoms very similar to those of hysteria.
    Taken thus occasionally and in small doses, hashish perhaps does not offer much danger, but there is always the risk that once a person begins to take it, he will continue. He acquires the habit and becomes addicted to the drug, and, once this has happened, it is very difficult to escape. Notwithstanding the humiliations and penalties inflicted on addicts in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Egypt</st1:place></st1:country-region>, they always return to their vice. They are known as "hashashees," which is a term of reproach in our country, and they are regarded as useless derelicts.
    Chronic hashishism is extremely serious, since hashish is a toxic substance, a poison against which no effective antidote is known. It exercises a sedative and hypnotic effect.
    The illicit use of hashish is the principal cause of most of the cases of insanity occurring in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Egypt</st1:place></st1:country-region>. In support of this contention, it may be observed that there are three times as many cases of mental alienation among men as among women, and it is an established fact that men are much more addicted to hashish than women. (In <st1:place>Europe</st1:place>, on the contrary, it is significant that a greater proportion of cases of insanity occur among women than among men.)
    Generally speaking, the proportion of cases of insanity caused by the use of hashish varies from 3 to 60 percent of the total number of cases occurring in <st1:country-region><st1:place>Egypt</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

Good thing the whole reason for illegalty isn't complete bullshit eh?

<o:p> </o:p>

7. You can't? Then what was the Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 all about?

Did they outlaw marijuana in 1928 in Scotland? Here in the US, it wasn't made illegal until 1937.

Hmmm... seems to me that I remember learning that there were a band of marauders in Asia a couple of centuries ago that called themselves Hashishins, which stems from their frequent use of hashish before pillaging and plundering much of Asia. Hashishin is where our word assassin comes from. And marijuana has been around for quite some time, too, I believe. Surely someone knew about it before 1928...? :cool:

8. they also had these guys called HASHISH WARRIORS in the middle east. they would eat/smoke marijuana before going on suicide missions so they would envision going to heaven and worry less about dying.

9. Hopefully, the illegal status of herb is temporary just like the alcohol prohibition.
    I'd be a much happier person, as would many, many others.

10. A large variety of food products can be generated from hemp. The seeds contain one of the highest sources of protein in nature. ALSO: They have two essential fatty acids that clean your body of cholesterol. These essential fatty acids are not found anywhere else in nature! Consuming pot seeds is the best thing you could do for your body. Eat uncooked hemp seeds.

Well hell, I'm going to eat all of my seeds from now on.

Edit// they don't taste too good when ur not high, but they are OK. When your high and your mouth has that weed taste in it they are teh awesomeness