The Rapture

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AlexDankin, May 8, 2011.

1. #61 smokedhoot, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
    I dont need to think about what you perceive as an insult to you. Basic reading comprehension would show you that behind the blunt words the meaning says that if you dont have anything nice to say...just stfu. Its pretty simple

EDITED PART... or helpful to say

2. Bickering over minute statements gets this thread nowhere.

3. It was no insult, I assure you. In fact, insults aren't in my vocabulary. My point was, you should really think before you speak, or you may come of as a hypocrite.;)

Now, I have as much love for you as I do anyone else in the world, so can we stop "arguing" and continue the threads subject without negativity?

4. #64 Conosk, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    Have you all heard this Harold Camping guy talk? He can hardly form a sentence. This man is a fool for his predictions. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9acwNHKvoo]YouTube - Harold Camping says Millions will die on May 21, 2011[/ame]

Those who believe this morons predictions, please read this. Harold Camping's Heresies EXPOSED!

Harold Camping proclaimed the Lord's return would be in 1994!
    Harold Camping now proclaims the Lord's return will be on May 21, 2011!
    Harold Camping teaches that the world will end in fiery destruction on October 21, 2011!
    Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements!
    Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994!
    Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994!
    Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church!
    Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate
    !

5. I'm convinced! I sent all my money to Rev. Camping this morning.

Thank god the GFL didn't come first! Oh my goooooddddd. There is still time. If a person would have been raptured, but instead got GFLed, would he still get salvation?

Maybe i should send some money to the Archangel Michel too! Whats his address?

6. And what part of that proves that he is wrong? or Heretical? The Bible contains all the things that he has used to calculate the rapture date, thus he is correct when he says that the bible says what he is saying.

Besides the last two bolded points are obviously true!

7. This gotta be sarcasm.

8. #68 WhosGotTheHerb, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    I don't believe in religion. Why? Because it is only used for brain washing, just like the government. People should always be allowed to form there own opinions and beliefs and I encourage EVERYONE to do just that. However, just because someones is different, doesn't mean it is wrong because who is making that decision? (only you) There is no ultimate truth.

9. nope...definitely not...

10. No dude. Its sad, but true.

1994 - the lord did return, he hung around a while and then left without a word

Harold Camping now proclaims the Lord's return will be on May 21, 2011!
    Whos to say where that the lord cannot go and/or cum as he chooses?

Harold Camping teaches that the world will end in fiery destruction on October 21, 2011!
    Yep, another absolute fact.

Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements!
    Do you hate Mormons?

Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994!
    Duh.

Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994!
    Duh again.

Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church!
    I can name many many things that indicate that the Holy Spirit is no longer working in the Church. The child rapes come to mind right away.

Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate!
    No church has agreed with Camping. He knows Gods Biblical Truth, and so to not agree with him is to be apostate.

11. Camping used the 365.244 or whatever in his calculations

12. Heed pintada, or else suffer the consequences of being apostate!

13. Yeah man. Your fucked..:wave:

14. That whole "we'll meet Christ in the air" thing doesn't imply everyone floating up to heaven lol. You'd have to be a serious moron to take that part literally.

15. #75 dirtydingusus, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    try for a second to realize......

the guy john....or peter or whatever....

the dude who wrote revelations.....

was describing for you temporal lobe seizures.....:eek: ;):smoke:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has TLE changed the course of civilization? LaPlante and many other TLE experts speculate that the mystical religious experiences of some of the great prophets were induced by TLE — because the historical writings describe classic TLE symptoms. The religious prophets most often thought to have had epilepsy are Mohammad, Moses, and St. Paul. Dostoevsky, another famous epileptic whose works are filled with ecstatic visions of universal love (and terrible nightmares of uncanny fear and radical evil), thought it was obvious that Mohammad’s visions of God were triggered by epilepsy. "Mohammad assures us in this Koran that he had seen Paradise," Doestevsky notes. "He did not lie. He had indeed been in Paradise — during an attack of epilepsy, from which he suffered, as I do."

When Mohammad first had his visions of God, he felt oppressed, smothered, as if his breath were being squeezed from his chest. Later he heard a voice calling his name, but when he turned to find the source of the voice, no one was there. The local Christians, Jews, and Arabs called him insane. When he was five years old, he told his foster parents, "Two men in white raiment came and threw me down and opened up my belly and searched inside for I don’t know what." This description is startling similar to the alien abduction experience described by people with TLE.

Note that the overriding emotion experienced by Mohammed, Moses and St. Paul during their religious visions was not one of rapture and joy but rather of fear. When Moses heard the voice of God from a burning bush, he hid his face and was frightened. Luke and Paul both agreed that Paul suffered from an unknown "illness" or "bodily weakness" which he called his "thorn in the flesh." Many biblical commentators have attributed this to either migraine headaches or epilepsy. Paul did once have malaria, which involves a high fever that can damage the brain. Other psychologists have noted that likely TLE sufferers such as Moses, Flaubert, Saint Paul, and Dostevesky were also famous for their rages.

However, psychologist William James has argued that religious states are not less profound simply because they can be induced by mental anomalies:

"Even more perhaps than other kinds of genius, religious leaders have been subject to abnormal psychical visitations. Invariably they have been creatures of exalted emotional sensitivity liable to obsessions and fixed ideas; and frequently they have fallen into trances, heard voices, seen visions, and presented all sorts of peculiarities which are ordinarily classed as pathological. Often, moreover, these pathological features have helped to give them their religious authority and influence. To plead the organic causation of a religious state of mind in refutation of its claim to possess superior spiritual value is quite illogical and arbitrary. [Because if that were the case], none of our thoughts and feelings, not even our scientific doctrines, not even our dis-beliefs, could retain any value as revelations of the truth, for every one of them without exception flows from the state of the possessor’s body at the time. Saint Paul certainly once had an epileptoid, if not an epileptic, seizure, but there is not a single one of our states of mind, high or low, healthy or morbid, that has not some organic processes as its condition."

More recently, several TLE nuns have provided further evidence for an epileptic root of many mystical religious experiences. For example, one former nun "apprehended" God in TLE seizures and described the experience:

"Suddenly everything comes together in a moment — everything adds up, and you’re flooded with a sense of joy, and you’re just about to grasp it, and then you lose it and you crawl into an attack. It’s easy to see how, in a prescientific age, an epileptic or any temporal lobe fringe experience like that could be thought to be God Himself."

Even the Old Testament prophet Ezekiel had a TLE-like vision reminiscent of modern UFO reports — the famous, fearsome Ma’aseh Merkabah, the Vision of the Chariot:

"And I looked, and behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire enfolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the color of amber, out of the midst of the fire.... Also out of the midst thereof, came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance, they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf’s foot; and they sparkled like the color of burnished brass."

Read more: Transcendent Experience

16. Say what ya want, but ya could shure use to read more. Why dont ya go a line further in the scripture you quoted? The thief in the night one. Why'd ya stop at "He'l come as a thief in the night"? Why didnt ya go a line or two further and quote- 1 Thes 5 : 4 , where it says "But ye brethren, are not in darkness that that day should overtake you as a thief. -5 :5 Ye are all the children of light and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. -5 : 6 Therefore let us not sleep as do others, but let us watch and be sober. 5 : 7 For they that sleep, sleep in the night, and they that be drunken be drunken in the night."

Somthin like that anyhow.

God also states that He wont do anything without tellin His prophets.

God also says it'l be like in the days of Noa. Lotsa Biblical scolars say this to imply theres no tellin when the end times will come. But what theyr missin is the fact that God told Noa. God told Noa and Noa told the folks around him what he was doin buildin an ark. They thought he was nuts. But the fact is, it was'nt a secret bout the flood. Not to Noa or his neibours.

Caught up in the air huh. Sounds prety cool.

Not just goin by the Bible, but also by what I see round me, I aint countin May 21 11 as bein the day of the rapture out.

Oh well, gotta go. So much more tho. So much more.

17. thats my birthday!! am I cursed?! lol

18. or maybe...you're jesus? :eek:

19. beat me to it, you virgin mother fucker...

if... he's jesus... you're... the mother fucker...

GOD?!?!

20. why you are torturing yourself!!!!!