the random drive thread

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by acekilla89, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Anybody just get in your car and just drive?

I like to get into my car late at night and just drive for hours and clear my head and just have fun.

what do you do on your random drives?

• Like Like x 10
  2. This needed to be a thread.

I either cruise (never with trees anymore), blast my system, and occasionally take part in friendly races.

I really used this as an escape in high school and kind of abused my parents free gas perks. It was such a good escape and I could either be pissed or cry or whatever I needed to do in my little bubble. I think having an activity that you do through habit like driving can be really relaxing and calming.

• Like Like x 5
  3. I did that sometimes in my jeep but it was a guzzler, now I've got a compact diesel truck and I plan to go on spontaneous out of state journies once its up and running.

I can't wait to veggie oil convert it!

4. I love random drives with nowhere to go and nowhere to be. It's long been my way of escaping. :smoke:

I drive an old Landcruiser that gets decent milage, and I'm very comforted in the knowledge that I could drive 1500 miles in any direction and not hit any traffic but the odd roadie or kangaroo. Hell, I'm not even sure I'd see any stop lights.

Except north - I don't reckon I'd get too far into the ocean. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. i randomly drove 4-5 hours away from home on thanksgiving. ended up at a friends house haha

i got the fuck away. gives me time to really think about shit and jam some music.

its better to get high before or after you go though. not during.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I always roll up a few joints and get cruising, I know this sick chill spot on the other side of the island (I live on a small island apart of Australia, it's so beautiful and peaceful, so much privacy as well the total population barely exceeds 1000,couldn't imagine being anyway else)

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

7. Yeah I drive around all the time, I get my phone and the aux cable, roll a couple joints, then turn on good music and just drive to no where. As the person before me said in high school I had a big ass van and we would just pile up people in the van and just hot box that fucker for hours, didn't even go to school half the time. The best is 2 guys and just call as many girls as possible and keep picking up more girls until there's no room, that's some of the best times I've had. Plus I could park the van in my driveway or a buddys house and drink in there without driving drunk and I got laid so many times in that van haha. That's actually where I lost my virginity before I was legally allowed to drive and before it was mine. 

Unfortunately someone wrecked in to me a few years back and totaled it, I sold it for scrap. But yeah I like to drive high with my fiancee to no where, maybe we'll stop and get something to eat, could be anywhere. I like riding my 636 ninja high too.

8. i could really go for a "random drive" right now, to clear my head.

but i shouldn't, so i probably won't.

9. I love my car and I love vaping. I go on random vape rides every day. There is NOTHING more relaxing. 

10. I drive around all the time. There's not much to do in the town I live in but there are some awesome backroads. My favorite thing to do is smoke a few bowls then go cruising with the music blasting. ❤️Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. ahaha the only time i drive its because im aimlessly cruising around burning, i go out every single night and just cruise to  a chill spot, smoke some bong and get faded, and keep cruising! driving high is my favorite passtime, its just so fun! i dont even care about the gas i burn because its worth every cent

12. this is one of my fav things to do. I got a 6 speed manual down in florida. I love just taking her out late night and trying to perfect my shifts cruising thru the main strip and ocassionally going up i95 for 3-4 exits. Really does clear my head esp with a song i love playing in the background.

13. Feels awesome on a cloudy day...

14. used to love to wake up early on the weekend and take a random drive
    so much to see in Washington state

lonely beach drives on the outer banks of North Carolina were dreamy

i love driving the coast on an overcast or rainy day.

16. I'm in AZ, so I'll just ride up to the mountains or through the desert when I'm stressed or just need to get away

17. I use to just get oit and drive all the time when I had my Jeep. Would take the doors and top off and hit the road for a few hours. The jeep I have now sucks on gas so I don't do it anymore like I use to

I dont do drugs, I set plants on fire and breathe.

18. I got married a few weeks ago. Because we eloped, we decided in the moment to just get in the car and drive. Called the boss and told him I needed the week, we were gone for almost two. Ended up driving about four thousand miles round-trip, all the way to the west coast. We camped along the way in various parks in the Kimberly, which I'm prepared to call the most beautiful region of Australia. The road is pure red dirt Outback, but the sights nearby are all waterfalls, gorges, and ancient, untouched land. We went entire days without even passing another car -- there is nobody out there. Just me and my wife.

A few days on the road, she says that we should drive to the coast. So we did. We ended up at the Ningaloo Reef where we swam with whale sharks and sea turtles. Fucking brilliant. Then we drove home.

Definitely the greatest random drive I've ever been on. 

• Like Like x 2
  19. #20 Scars, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Sometimes, when I can't sleep, I go out to my driveway around 2-3 AM for a joint. Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit. Then I just in my car and just go. Anywhere. Roll the windows down, turn up some music, smoke some cigarettes. Just cruise. I head back only when I see the sun starting to come up.

• Like Like x 1