the quest for a new bong, questions about ordering.

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by pgsmoker, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Hi Blades, im lookin' at the ehle 250ml with ice catch from EDIT. I have shopped online before, ordering a few longboards from the states. when the items arrived i had to pay tax on them at the post office (i live in canada) I'm assuming this is the same on orders from England, where Edit is. If any other Canadian blades who have ordered from them could tell me what their experience was, id much appreciate it.

Also, ive read that the tube is a good quality albeit a little thin, which is allright due to its price point, my question regards harshness of the tube. My experiences with bongs lead me to believe a diffused downstem is the answer to this problem, EHLE has a nice looking diffuser but its shortest available length is 12cm, 1.5 cm longer than recommended by the listing on EDIT. im hoping this would fit since now i have bong on the mind and am gonna be taking a break until my order arrives. (ASAP is better :D)

Short version:

Am i gonna get taxed on this order :confused: (im assuming yes)
    Is a 12cm Diffuser gonna fit or should i wait until they have the proper 10.5 cm one in stock?

I've emailed EDIT but they haven't replied about this question.

Cheers :wave:

2. That one will most likely NOT fit. Dont get it.

However, Ehle makes quality stuff, so you got a good tube there.

Yes a diffused downstem should always be the first upgrade for any tube and is the smallest, cheapest part that makes the biggest difference.

3. Thanks man, I searched google and found this vid
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6Ejk3MNLr8]YouTube - EHLE 250ml bong rip[/ame]
    Says 12 cm but looks a bit long. I could always just order the piece and use the stock stem until edit gets more diffys in the right length though. I guess it's short wait for harsh smoke or more wait for nice smooth tokes haha.

4. Well I broke down and ordered the tube and a smaller bowl, I'm gonna wait until they have the diffuser and order it separately. Interested to see how much of a difference it makes

5. You can get other downstems as long as its the right size it will fit. Certain blowers on Etsy will do customs of any length and other stuff

6. All I've seen on etsy is slit diffuse stems, I'm looking for the hole type, a buddy has both and the holes offer far better diffusion in my opinion.

7. There are other types of downstems as well, such as showerhead downstems. Its better then holes too and a certain seller on Etsy has them and I have one and it provides great diffusion.

8. well, today my package arrived, packed awesomly by EDIT, with a nice little gift of some papers. Awesome bong, two things i didnt realize, the downstem is narrow. Just couldnt tell in the pictures but not a big deal at all. Secondly the stock bowl and cylender bowl i ordered have large holes in them. I had read about this being an issue with the stock bowl so i got the cylender bowl thinking it would be smaller in size, the two are very similar. Not a big deal though just due to no size reference in the photos. i have to work soon so i havent blazed her yet but i cant wait, everything looks solid but i feel like its a really thin glass, so ill have to be super careful not to drop or knock it. Not bad for 80 bones though.