Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The quality of weed

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by shell_09, Jan 22, 2003.

1. when its leagel it will be priced like shoes. Difrent brands difrent prices

2. Finally a reason for you being so chill all the time, bud. :hello:

3. :eek: Dude, you got ripped off...that sucks...I never get skimpy bags down here where I live, I never get shitty weed were I live...all fat bags, all dank buds...ive heard alot of people say oregon has good pot though, I havent been to different places to compare it though, but I can tell you the weed I get is really fuckin good man....So is the Acid , coke, 5-MeO , and shrooms, ---------hmm :p I guess oregon is the shit...:D

4. i think rasta man has his info just a little warped. he says he can puff on a blunt and not got snagged because he lives in canada, which mite be true in the CITY he lives in,but i also live in canuk land and i get busted just like it were crack. rough.

5. The tax wouldn't be too high cause that would have the opposite effect than what is desired: more revenue.

Cigarettes are taxed out the ass cause your average joe doesn't grow tobacco, or roll their own cigarettes. People pay money for convenience. Weed is already pretty convenient cause it's not too hard to grow. If the taxes went too high, pissed off customers would either start growing or buy it from a non-certified source who doesn't charge ANY tax. My assumptions.

6. wtf are you serious? does this mean that the future for legal weed could be more than just a dream?? woah.. :hello: :hello: i cant wait.

7. They have them 'just in case' I would think. I don't think they'd lobby for it's legalization anytime soon.

8. yeah i know its a 'just in case' thing, but if huge companies like phillp morris are willing to spend the time and money to get the rights to 'Marley Brand Marijuana Cigarettes' and to other marijuana related things its a huge deal. Because that would mean some high up executive type at phillip morris, has/had a hunch that mj would become legal one day.. i just cannot wait for that day to come..

9. If weed became legal thier would be no point in selling it. Every1 who smoke should be smart enough to grow thier own.

10. i don't know, if it was roughly the same price as now, and you could walk into a premium smoke shop and buy it by the bag, already trimmed and everything, i would probably do that - i am hopeless at growing things, and if there were local growers who could do a much better job, that one thing i'd be happy to paythem for. i don't think i would ever bother with a pack of greens, though, cept for maybe a party where i want to just leave a bunch of joints in the smoke room. I rather like rolling up my own, but then, i like mixing my drinks, and i still leave beer out at parties. ::sighs:: al well, just dream of what might be...

11. I bet mexican brickweed would be non-existant cuz everybody will have access to bomb ass dank nuggets. haha that would be funny if some dealer goes down to mexico and says "this is the best you got?? i'll pass"

12. im sure the prices would go down, the question is just how much. they gotta relize that if they price it to high people would either grow their own or just buy somewhere else. and if they dont put prices high enough they will lose business.

but if it does become legal. then im guessing the goverment will have a law against growing it. i mean if they make it legal they are doing it to make a profit and the people growing it are not helping the goverment. so there will probly be a permit needed to grow or something.

but hey since we dont know what will happen. we all can dream about it.

13. thats still a high price, you gotta either a) buy more at once, B) find a dealer higher in the game.

I get ounces of g13 for 187 an O (you cant buy an O at a time tho, one O of it is 400), so thats how much the price goes down when you start buying some weight.

14. Thats pretty much how it is in NY right now, i haven't seen regs / mids in about 6 years since I was still in high school.

Im sure the little kids in highschool without much money stil fuck with the regs tho, just saying my connects

15. yea prices would drop and most dealers would be screwed

16. become flexible according to quality?

of course it would. that's the way markets work.

17. I bet the government will make laws so that the only legally obtainable weed is sold by government owned organizations so then they can tax the shit out of their bammer-ass weed. The only way weed will be legal is if the government finds a way to have weed legalized but gain all of the profit from it. If they find a way to sell weed like this, the government wont give a shit whether or not they are selling chronic or shitty stuff, they will only give a shit about how much they can sell a cheap product for. It will all be outdoor grown weed filled with chemicals to get people addicted. They would also put restriction laws on marijuana growing because anything home grown really can't be taxed so easily. I am not saying i would not love weed to finally be legal, I am just saying the government is a big greedy bitch and it needs to capitalize as much as possible on this super awesome plant.

Keep weed illegal. Support your local drug dealer!:smoke:

18. I could see it being cheaper because of competing companies and such, but I could see it being the same price too. I mean if people are paying $20 a g and content with it now, for the major conpanies they might as well maintain prices. I don't think that the second would actually happen, but it has crossed my mind.

19. It depends on if you are talking about it becoming legal at a state level or nationally. In my opinion if it was legalized at a statewide level then we would probably see a SIGNIFICANT drop in price - primarily because there will be a stronger grassroots effort of people growing their own and not having to charge as much because of lowered risk. However, if weed was legalized at the national level I don't think the drop in price would be as dramatic (although still probably apparent) because it would be such a heavily regulated market (i.e. tobacco). This would not effect the price if you buy from your neighbor who grows (kind've like buying apples from a neighbor with a tree vs. the supermarket) but if you were going through a legitimate business you'd probably be dealing with some pretty heavy taxation.

20. This thread is old and filled with outdated information/opinions what with Prop 19 in the midst.