The Pyramids?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by cannabis, Jul 4, 2007.

1. The pyramids are beyond infamous and so are the mysteries that surround them. Out of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the Pyramids are the only ones still standing. For 1,000 years, they were the tallest buildings in the world. Built with prehistoric technology, that is still unmateched today? Why the hell would that be? They are an architectural enigma as elusive as the Sphinx.

All of the pyramids built after Great Pyramid of Giza we meant to resemble it. the pharaohs had the same idea when building their pyramids. And Most people believe that the pyramids were built as burial chambers for the pharaohs right? But most do not know that The Great Pyramid of Giza doesn't contain a dead pharaohs body, no treasures or anything....so then why was it built in the first place???

There are many theories that attempt to explain how they were built. people try to estimate how long it took to build them and how many people it would take to lift and maneuver the blocks. And a new theory by a French architect suggest that the pyramids were built from the inside out. But that doesn't come close to explaining how they were built so precis with exact like accuracy. And then there's that whole thing about how they top of the Pyramids align exactly up with three stars. The pyramids were a mirror image, the Earthly representation of the Belt of Orion, the destination of the dead King. What tools could measure these things and with so much exactness, and what happened to them?

Here are some facts about the Pyramids:

- 2.3 million limestone blocks, Each block weighing at least 2 tons, some of the blocks used are estimated to weigh up to 80 tons

-Thirty times larger than the Empire State Building, the Pyramid's features are so large they can be seen from the Moon.

-Its base covers 13.6 acres (equal to seven midtown Manhattan City blocks), each side being greater than five acres in area.

-A highway lane eight feet wide and four inches thick could be built from San Francisco to New York and put inside the Great Pyramid.

-The oldest structure in existence, having been started 4,617 years ago, it is the sole remnant of the Seven Wonders of the World.

- It is built to face true North

- The Pyramid is located at the exact center of the Earth's land mass. That is, its East-West axis corresponds to the longest land parallel across the Earth, passing through Africa, Asia, and America. Similarly, the longest land meridian on Earth, through Asia, Africa, Europa, and Antarctica, also passes right through the Pyramid. Since the Earth has enough land area to provide 3 billion possible building sites for the Pyramid, the odds of it's having been built where it is are 1 in 3 billion

-The casing stones, 144,000 in all, were so brilliant that they could literally be seen from the mountains of Israel hundreds of miles away. On bright mornings and late afternoons, sunlight reflected by this vast mirrored surface of 5-1/4 acres distinguished the Pyramid as being visible from the moon. Note: For those interested in possible symbolic significance, in Bible prophecy 144,000 is the number of people-12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel-who are supposed to evangelize the world at the endtime.

-Amazingly, the outside surface stones are cut within 0.01 (1/100th) inch of perfectly straight and at nearly perfect right angles for all six sides. And they were placed together with an intentional gap between them of 0.02 inch. Modern technology cannot place such 20-ton stones with greater accuracy than those in the Pyramid. Even more amazing is that the 0.02-inch gap was designed to allow space for glue to seal and hold the stones together. White cement that connected the casing stones and made them watertight is still intact and stronger than the blocks that it joins.

- We know from geometry that there is a universal relationship between the diameter of a circle and its circumference. Consider this: The height of the Pyramid's apex is 5,812.98 inches, and each side is 9,131 inches from corner to corner (in a straight line). If the circumference of the Pyramid is divided by twice its height (the diameter of a circle is twice the radius), the result is 3.14159, which just happens to be pi. Incredibly, this calculation is accurate to six digits. So the Pyramid is a square circle, and thus pi was designed into it 4,600 years ago. Pi is demonstrated many times throughout the Pyramid.

-Other numbers are also repeated throughout. Each of the Pyramids four walls, when measured as a straight line, are 9,131 inches, for a total of 36,524 inches. At first glance, this number may not seem significant, but move the decimal point over and you get 365.24. Modern science has shown us that the exact length of the solar year is 365.24 days.

How can a civilization posses so much information 4,600 years ago?

It gets even worse:

-The average height of land above sea level (Miami being low and the Himalayas being high), as can be measured only by modern-day satellites and computers, happens to be 5,449 inches. That is the exact height of the Pyramid.

-All four sides of the Pyramid are very slightly and evenly bowed in, or concave. This effect, which cannot be detected by looking at the Pyramid from the ground, was discovered around 1940 by a pilot taking aerial photos to check certain measurements. As measured by today's laser instruments, all of these perfectly cut and intentionally bowed stone blocks duplicate exactly the curvature of the earth. The radius of this bow is equal to the radius of the Earth.

Orion and the lining up? How do you explain the fact that the Egyptians knew exactly how to line them up? How is it possible that the makers could know all the details about the earths curvature? the information about the continents, the exact length of a year? standard measurement unit, and the exact center of land mass?

So how were the pyramids built? Aliens? That is a very interesting option, but has been dismissed because of contradicting evidence. Human bones have been found around the sites of the pyramids, graffiti of heiroglyphs on the actual blocks inside the pyramids, and other human evidence

My Question is that do you think there is a spiritual, extra-terrestrial or supernatural connection that link to the pyramids? Will we ever know?

2. hehehehe. this will be a fun discussion for sure. :) well, personally im not in any situation to make an informed stance on this subject, but i have always believed that the pyramids are from E.T. origin.

there have been numerous documentations of UFO sightings and possible alien contact that date back to the egyptian times. there is alot of indirect evidence that could possibly be linked to a history of visiting advanced civilizations as well.

it just seems as though the egyptians were "blessed" by these beings, who they could have possibly referred to as "gods". they were such a successful civilization in all areas (technologically, spiritually, etc.), that its hard to not question where this wisdom derrived from.

3. Yeah same thing I'm always thinking,but I think the so called ALIENS VISTED the Mayan civilization too.Cause there clocks are the same as the Ancient egyptians.

Plus if you look at Honduras it looks like a upside down and sideways Africa.

Coiincidence I think not.;)

4. Awesome post! The Pyramids are my favorite wonder of the world. I have been completely blown away by the things scientists discover about them and how they relate to our planet, so much so that I do not believe we could have created them without help.

I believe in ET's whole-heartedly, there are many things that suggest it, like cave paintings that are extremely similar to others an ocean away just are hard for me not to see it as we were visited.

I have to go for the day but I will do some research and see what I can dig up on the amazing Pyramids of Egypt! :D

5. I believe the pyramids are a result of a fad of human-pyramid building which occurs in the late 2040's

Of course, by this time, time travel exists. In that previous time line, humanity reached a consensus that it would be really cool if they had the ancient, dumb, barbarian humans to build gargantuan real pyramids out of brick and stone.

So a man by the name of Gary Goldstein traveled back in time, as a temporal ambassador, on the 16th of September, 2046 to stone-age Earth. There he traveled in his high-orbit airplane and disguised himself cleverly as a Tralfamadorian (an E.T.) and convinced the ancient tribes of earth to construct these megalithic monuments and they would be rewarded in the afterlife with riches and wonders beyond their wildest dreams.

Also, Stonehenge was a later re-birth of the trend in the early 2060's but it was much less successful.

When Mr. Goldstein returned to his time period, the pyramids were refurbished and used to advertise a human-pyramid event taking place in Priah, Cambodia. It was (will be) a successful event. They broke the current (then current) human-pyramid record.

6. ^^ :smoke: sounds like youve been smokin the good stuff

7. No he just can't find a logical and resonable way to debubk the idea of the pryamids being the spiritual and all knowing.

Therfore enforcing my Science and religion idea...

I wanna see how there gonan come back on this one.

Faith 1

Athesim 0

8. Stop assuming things; this is real shit.

I met Gary Goldstein in 1992 at a Pearl Jam concert.

don't undermine my beliefs, I'm entitled to them at much as you are.

I'll also have you know that God revealed himself to humanity in 2018 and that Gary knows him quite well.

9. lmao :smoke: pearl jam concert...

10. Rasta, nice Vonnegut reference

11. I think the pyramids came about from one of these methods

1. The greatest minds in all of egypt constructed the pyramids as testament to the strength and determination of man, and/or the unity of aliens/mankind.

2. The egyptian pharaoh's wanted the slaves to make some really cool lookin buildings.

Either way, i dont think we will ever find the answers in our lifetime.

:)

12. awesome awesome thread.

More food for thought, how about the supposed chamber hidden underneath the foot of the sphinx.

And why do you all dismiss rasta mans idea, how is that anymore improbable, (probable) than ET intervention??

Ive often followed his same thought process in other situations.

13. Ahhh,the pyramids. It's too early to do a full posting, but I shall return. I studied egyptology for a few years and spent 3 years 'learning' heiroglyphics (not as long as it really needs). The Great Pyramid wasn't the first to be built, there are actually a series of smaller pyramids built that were its precursurs. Of these, many like the 'bent' pyramid at Saqqara show that they went through a series of failures and a steep learning curve to get the technology right. There are still quite a lot of pyramids awaiting excavation and analysis, other than the 3 most people are familiar with, (if I remember correctly, about another 20). These three seem to be built to mimic the stars of Orion, but it doesn't mean that the builders had ET knowledge of the star system, proven by the fact that the stars in the apparent constellation are in fact vastly separated and only seem to be related visually.

Cheops may not have been inside the sarcophogus in the Great pyramid, but that's not to say that his body, or even some of his family aren't yet to be found within it, there's still a mass of unexplored areas.

It's not very surprising that the maths of an equilateral triangle will produce Pi, it wouldn't be equilateral if it didn't.

As for building methods, there is now very strong evidence that at least half of the stones were in fact cast from a kind of limestone cement. This isn't to say that the pyramids were not an amazing construction, but the egyptian rulers had at leat a thousand years of maths and building technology to draw on when they were built. And of course massive manpower to do the tedious jobs.

Did you also know that the Chinese have a number of equally astounding pyramids?

In terms of civilisation and building with stone, it's very common for people to think that Egypt was there first, but in fact there are good sites in Turkey showing excellent use of stone and other building materials that predate Egypt by at least 5,000 years. Egytpian knowledge didn't suddenly spring from a single point in time, but was based on technology that was being developed by every builder and mathematician before them. Astronomical knowledge, accurate and well researched observations lasting hundreds of years, has been carried out by just about every primitive tribe in the world since man first looked at the heavens. Man ddin't leap into knowledge and understanding during one single time period, it was a culmination of years of previous work.

MelT

14. Shows what the memory does, in fact there are over 100 pyramids in Egypt. This is a good little article about them. They are still an awesome project, but done without the aid of aliens...Good thread worthy of much discussion. +rep. I found the following short article that sums a lot of this up.

"...There are no more famous ancient sites within Egypt, or for that matter elsewhere in the world, than the Great Pyramids at Giza. They are, without question, the icon most associated with the Egypt. They have been both the main destination for tourists, and a source of imaginative thought to the world for over three thousand years.
    However, there are actually over 100 pyramids in Egypt, many of which are relatively unknown to anyone who is not an ancient Egypt enthusiast. All but a very few are grouped around and near the City of Cairo, just south of the Nile Delta. Otherwise, only one royal pyramid is known in southern Egypt (at Abydos), that being the one built by Ahmose, founder of the 18th Dynasty and Egypt's New Kingdom. It may have also been the last royal pyramid built in Egypt.
    Hence, major pyramids were not built throughout Egypt's ancient history. The Pyramid Age began with a burst of building, starting with the 3rd Dynasty reign of Djoser. Some of the early kings, most specifically Snefru, built more than one pyramid. Almost all of the kings added to their number through the end of the Middle Kingdom, with the possible exception of the First Intermediate Period between the Old and Middle Kingdoms. After the first Pharaoh of Egypt's New Kingdom, Ahmose, royal pyramid building by Egyptians ceased entirely. Somewhat abruptly the kings of the New Kingdom chose, rather than making their tombs completely obvious, to hide them in the hills of the West Bank of Thebes (modern Luxor).
    However, smaller pyramids were constructed, for example in the Deir el-Medina necropolis, by private individuals. The Late Period Nubians who ruled Egypt also built relatively small pyramids with much steeper sides, though these were in fact constructed in Nubia itself. This tradition was carried on in Nubia after these southern rulers lost control of Egypt, and eventually, more pyramids were actually built in Nubia than Egypt, though on a much smaller scale.
    Other pyramids in the world certainly exist, but their purpose, for the most part, was different than those of ancient Egypt. The most famous outside Egypt are probably those located in Mexico and to the south of Mexico, but these appear to have been built more as temples. In Egypt, all but a select few of the pyramids were built as tombs, sometimes to hold the physical body of a pharaoh (as well as other individuals), or to hold the soul of the deceased (as in the case of the small cult pyramids built next to the larger ones). Otherwise, the purpose of only a few small, regional stepped pyramids remains elusive.
    While pyramids were, for the most part, tombs for the Pharaohs of Egypt, one must nevertheless question the reason that Egyptian rulers chose this particular shape, and for that matter, why they built them so large. Today, we believe that they chose the shape in order to mimic the Benben, a pyramid shaped stone found in the earliest of temples, which itself is thought to symbolize the primeval mound from which the Egyptians believed life emerged. This also connected the pyramid to Re, the Sun God, as it was he, according to some of the ancient Egypt mythology, who rose from the primeval mound to create life.
    As far the great size of many of the pyramids in Egypt, we can really only surmise that the Pharaohs were making a statement about their own power and perhaps, about the glory and strength of their country. However, it should also be remembered that many of the latter pyramids were not nearly as large as the Great Pyramids at Giza (and elsewhere).
    Pyramids evolved. The first of them was not a perfectly formed pyramid. In fact, the first Pyramid we believe that was built in Egypt, that of Djoser, was not a true pyramid at all with smooth sides and a point at the top. Rather, its sides were stepped, and the top of the pyramid truncated with a flat surface (as best we know). As the Egyptian pyramids evolved, there were failures as well glorious failures until finally, they got it right with what was probably the first smooth sided true pyramid built at Meidum. In fact, pyramids continued to evolve throughout their history, perhaps not always in outward appearances, but in the way that they were built and in the theology surrounding their construction. For example, towards the latter part of Egypt's Pyramid Age, Osirian beliefs seem to have had more and more impact on the arrangement and layout of the subterranean chambers.
    However, soon after the first pyramids were built, their form became somewhat standardized. Royal pyramid complexes included the main pyramid, a courtyard surrounding the main pyramid, a much smaller cult pyramid for the king's soul, a mortuary temple situated next to the main pyramid, an enclosure wall and a causeway that led down to a valley temple. Some pyramid complexes included subsidiary, smaller pyramids for family members, and most were surrounded by some sort of tombs for family members.
    Our thinking on pyramids has evolved considerably over the years. Many of us who are a bit older were taught that the pyramids were built using Jewish slave labor, which is a fabrication of immense proportions. Most of the pyramids were built long before the Jews made their appearance historically and currently, many if not most scholars believe they were not built using slave labor at all (or perhaps a nominal number of slaves).
    Otherwise, we can also dismiss offhand alternative theories related to aliens or some lost culture being responsible for pyramid building. There is just far too much evidence, including tools, drawings, evolutionary changes, and even worker villages that rule these farfetched ideas obsolete.
    However, some mysteries remain, even in some of the best well known Pyramids. The most famous of them all, the Great Pyramid of Khufu, continues, year after year, to give up a few more secrets, and there doubtless remains much to learn from these Egyptian treasures. There may even be one or more pyramids yet to be discovered."

MelT

15. This truly is an enigma man- The wonders of this universe totally overwhealm me, we're part of a greater scope like, another lifeform - a multiverse.

16. Good luck on that one Mr Goldstein! i'm rooting for your dude! and i'll smoke to it too, really i will!:smoke:
    Hehe, Check this site - http://www.earth-history.com/Earth-05.htm

17. I agree. We just have to understand where the line between awesome acts of man and a naturally awesome universe is. We're clever beings in some ways, stupid in others. We're innately inquisitive, we do things purely to figure out why things work, or how things are in other countries or even on other worlds. It's easy to think that supposedly primitive ancestors could not possess the ability or the sheer tenacity to do the things they have in the past, like say, creating the walls of Incan cities in Peru, where you can't even get a knife between the stones. But we've been capable of advanced thought for thousands of years, and have only really been held back by a lack of technology.

Just 12,000 years ago we changed from being hunter-gatherers (I actually think it was earler, but that's personal opinion) and began to the first people to domesticate animals and grow grains. When I was young I used to imagine that the further back in time you went the less intelligent people became. But if you took one of those people and transplanted him into today, educated him, gave him a truck and a baseball cap, he'd be no different in intelligence, needs or capabilities than anyone else. Man is man.

MelT

18. werd, good thread for sure. I was thinkin about the pyramids before I fell asleep last night.

19. I would like to assume that Extraterrestrial life was apart of the building of the pyramids, it would explain a lot about them and other mysteries going on in the world now. But as atheists would say it doesn't seem logical nor is there any evidence so therefore cannot be true. right?

Well that's a logical fallacy and an unreasonable premise without material proof erjgfkjnfdkjgnfdkjndffdn blahh blahh where's your validity dkfjhdkjf. :rolleyes:

So you admit God is existent? :)

MelT thanks for the addition man, but i will say this

True but what are the odds they would align within the belt so precisely? Like I said in the OP they were built in the center of the Earth's land mass...there is a 1 in 3 billion chance that they were even built there coincidentally.

20. Exactly ;)