The pulse of America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cruizer, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Hey everyone, as most people know, or can tell from my location, I'm Australian. As such I don't know much about America's take on politics. From what I see here in the city, most people support Ron Paul. I see a lot of people supporting Ron Paul on youtube too and lots of people bashing Obama on both sites.

How about with the actual people out there? What's the take on these politicians from people just out and about in society? Does Ron Paul have as much support as I think he does?

2. I'm not American either, but I can say no he isn't as popular as you think. He would have a decent chance if voting was only done by people who are politically engaged but there are legions of Conservative and Liberal drones who will vote for whoever the political parties put in front of them. Unfortunately, that is the majority of the country.

3. He's popular among the weed smoking community because of his libertarian views, but he's not going to get the nomination because he isn't a true Republican like some of the other candidates are.

4. Ron Paul will never be president. He has a 0% chance.

5. Well that makes me very sad ^

6. Corrected.

@OP

Sadly Ron Paul is not as popular with the TV crowd, and they are a large majority of the people in this country. So no, he is not as popular as your probably hoping he is.

I have seen some light. I hear Old people ( the hardest people to meet through to ... next to "progressives" Old progressives? Forget about it their opinions are locke din for life!) are listening to him a lot more lately, and i know many who say they like him and want to vote for him, but fear that he wont win, and someone they don't like will.

7. He's popular amongst certain groups of people, including the kind of the people that access this site. But other candidates have more overall support than RON PAUL

And to people who think it's going to be different this time around, that's what I thought in 2008

8. #8 NasaJoe, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    Anyone who thinks he can predict the election is an idiot.. Obama's got no bullets left in the chamber..

Home - FoxBusiness.com

This coming from someone who voted Obama..

I'll answer any questions any of you have on the economy...

9. It just infuriates me that the American people put up with lying politicians, where is the accountability for what you say in this day and age? It's all about 'circumstances' and fearmongering to get what you want.

That's the only reason I want Ron Paul, a track record of doing what he believes, and never wavering. I honestly couldn't care what his views are to an extent, I'm just lucky that his views happen to make a lot of sense for me.

10. #10 Rotties4Ever, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    OK. How do I show the people they are being fucked by the upper %1?

edit:eek:ops wrong one, this is the one i think, i hope

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dY4WlxO6i0&feature=related;[/url]

11. What does the link to the fox business channel's website have to do with your post?

12. I was wondering the same thing,

p.s: I like the 2nd part of your sig :)

13. Hehe, I like Fox Business.. Not sure why I posted it though..