The Psychosis of Psychology

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by hundredgrand, Feb 16, 2013.

1. #1 hundredgrand, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Psychiatry/Biological therapy is becoming such BS, not that it ever wasn't, but something is obviously wrong with it. To be a "normal" person you would literally have no worries (Panic Disorder), No emotional ups or downs (Bipolar Disorder), No Anxiety (Anxiety Disorder), No Fear (Phobia), The ability to sit still for long periods of time while bored (ADHD), Perfect Diet (Eating Disorder), Perfect Personality (Personality Disorder), Perfect Mood (Mood Disorder), Perfect Social Interaction (Autism), No hopes or dreams (Delusions of Grandiosity), No talking to yourself (Schizophrenia), No opposition to authority (Oppositional Defiant Disorder), No Pride (Narcissism) This is ridiculous, you can be put on meds for any of these and these meds sometimes don't even help. Now I hear in the DSM-V that having too much sex is a disorder (Hypersexual Disorder), No temper tantrums as a child (Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder) and I'm sure there are more that I have missed. Careful people, don't ever step out of line, blend in with the pack or else you will be put on meds to support the big pharmaceutical companies so you can be "normal", Anyone else have any thoughts about this?

2. Well I'm going to school for pharmacy so I'm all for people drugging up their kids instead of actually parenting. Keeps me in high demand.

It's actually really sad, but humans love scapegoats and saying it's a treatable disorder is so much easier than actually being a good parent.

3. You cant call the whole study of psychology bs. Psychology has a broad horizon of studies from clinical, experimental, engineering, and more sections of psychology some are legit and some feed you bullshit to get paid. You cannot call bs on paychology as a whole.

4. Not the whole but some of it is just crazy

5. i admit psychiatry or howerever you spell it is insane.. how can you call a person crazy when in reality noone is sane..

6. I call bullshit on psychology all together.... Just remember that from the moment you are trained in your arts, I hated you from start to finish! :devious:

7. Nah dude.
    Psychology is great
    Its just the sub part of it called psychiatry that goes off and prescribes pharma bullshit

You should read more into psychology... looks like you're making a naive statement

8. Nah .... trust me!

I hate all of you! ... the fucking teachers, students, practitioners & varying levels of different types of psychology practitioners.

9. educate yourself more on the ART of psychology and youll see how bullshit it really is...

10. Why is psychology great to you? Because it describes how people's minds are different? Neuroscience is great to me, but I think psychology has gone a little bit far in some of their disorder classifications.

11. Nah... you got some issues

Refer to coping strategies and cognitive therapy.
    Ha

12. It helps individuals learn from themselves and others. Its a great start to introspection and learning as a whole... from sociological disections all the way up to the classifications.
    Its not something to flaunts extroversively... but to know what the fuck is up.

Psychology has a bunch of theories that I also disagree with because it seems as if many psychologist always seem to battle with each other creating bullshit theories here and there that aren't well polished. Some of these foos aren't even psychologically healthy and make theories hahahaha

What has gone a bit too far specifically?

13. It's an interesting subject that has allot of theory about why & what. Don't get me wrong, I think psychologists save allot of minds from destroying themselves. However.... that still does not change the fact.... That I very much .... Hate all of you! Every single last one!

14. Psychology helps me understand myself, but I did my research on my own. I'm not going to sit in some chair paying some guy $100/hr to talk about pointless crap and have pharma pills shoved down my throat.

15. Basically. Psychology should stick with cognitive therapy and understanding
    They should've never combined biology into it with bullshit biological therapy... but that's where greed, curroption and money take over the field of psychology.

16. Well when someone has a shit job, a shit diet, a shit life, and they say they are depressed and get put on antidepressants, that's one example. Another example is a kid in school who finds the curriculum boring as fuck and cant sit still for hours in his classroom so he is put on ritalin, thats going too far. Another example is a college kid getting hooked on adderall to help him pass his boring classes that he doesn't even like to go to.

17. Yeah, that's the bullshit psychiatry/biological therapy part of psychology I described up there.

18. You sound like a psychologist gave you some effed up pills r something that made you worse. and fuck the pills never take pills psychologists give you...thats just an excuse to get you out of their office.

19. #19 hundredgrand, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
    Well then I guess that's the part I meant in my original post, psychiatry/biological therapy is BS :devious: edited op

20. I don't blame psychiatry too much. The brain is still the most mysterious subject in science. We literally know more about outer space and the deep ocean.