The PS3 -

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by WherezMyLighter, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Like yours was?

You've never seen bluray in action yet you automatically assume that your Xbox is going to put out as good a picture? Don't kid yourself fanboy. I own both a 360 and a PS3 with a top of the line HDTV and I can assure you that bluray is going to blow whatever clarity you are used to straight out of the water.

Is that a good enough "arguement" for you?

2. You're wrong, the differences are not that vast. A large HD widescreen televisions looks good regardless. Bluray definitely looks better, but for the cost of bluray for the difference in quality isn't justified yet. Maybe in another year or so. Bluray players are starting to get cheaper. :smoking:

3. you can hack PSPs and download games for free off the net. I dont know how but my brother does it and never buys games. He also has emulatos on his PSP and plays old school games.

4. I really doubt it still,
    My HD has immaculate clarity everything is crystal clear.
    I am almost positive that if I compared the two side-by-side the difference would be minute with maybe a 5% greater sharpness.

Oh and I've seen Call of Duty 4 on a PS3.
    360 can definitely play it with a better framerate so I'm not sure if the Blu-Ray would really be that much of an improvement.

5. I've seen MGS4 on hdtv and Gears 2 on hdtv and theres really not much difference they both look great tho

6. you shouldnt compare apples to oranges, you should compare multi console games.....like Madden...or CoD. Games that are available on both consoles, not exclusive titles.

7. #47 Johnny Blazed, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    360 Graphics vs PS3 Graphics. If you put your mouse over the pic it shows PS3 if you take the mouse off the pic it shows 360.
    http://www.the-horror.com/imagecompa...mages/xb16.jpg

i think 360 looks better on most of the multiplats, so do alot of sites that do comparisons

8. Hmm..

I see no difference.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaPRQcPcyNg"]YouTube - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare PS3 VS Xbox 360 Comparison[/ame]

9. For Direct Comparison of both systems:

Xbox 360

Developers advantage( multiplatform games are cheaper to make on 360 due to its simplicity compared to that of the ps3's cell processor.)
    -This in turn means games USUALLY look better on 360 than ps3, even the same games.

-XBOX live is just so much more structured(moderated, organized, "it just works") than ps3's PSN(Play Station Network)
    -There is a fee, but it is very minimal, considering one year of live = 2 days of MaryJ for some of us.

Hardware
    -Very prone to crashes, freeze ups, overheating.

PS3

High Potential(PS3 has ALOT more potential to outperform the 360, but due to the previously mentioned developers advantage this potential is yet to show itself.)
    -This in turn means the PS3 is capable of playing games alot more technologically advance than the 360. ex:MGS4

-Decent but somewhat uncompetetive online due to lack of gamerscore, easily viewable acheivements, and a generally more immature community.
    -It works well enough to be enjoyed forsure, and is FUN.(not that 360 isn't)

Hardware
    -Pinacle of console technology, sleek casing, efficient DVD and BLURAY drives, all around great packaging.
    -Has more standard memory in HDD than 360.
    -Never has any technological failures or problems with this system.
    -Abilty to play bluray movies, which is a huge + if you have a 1080p TV.

In conclusion... A comparison of each to Cars.

Xbox 360: The nascar of consoles, made for competitive adrenaline fueled intense fun that is meant to be shared with many. Maintenance is required, and not much else is achieved besides gaming. (racing in my nascar anology)

FOR HARDCORE GAMERS.

PS3: The Bugatti Veyron(low maintenance version, if thats possible) of Consoles, luxurious, beautiful, but not really aimed at what developers want to design around, just like the veyron has no "true" purpose, besides a luxurious, versitile fun tool.

FOR GAMERS AND DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT GURU'S.

10. I think we're misunderstanding each other, I'm not talking about PS3 games looking better than Xbox games (although one play through of MGS4 will show you that the PS3 can outperform the 360 with its hands behind its back)... I'm talking about bluray movies looking vastly better than any DVD popped into your xbox drive could ever look

To the person who said the difference between regular DVD on an HDTV and blurays on an HDTV being small? No, not at all... Go watch a Disney bluray and get back to me... also the whole benefit of the PS3 IS the fact that you have the bluray drive coupled with a power house gaming system.

And to the person saying there is no graphical difference between GOW2 and MGS2? First off, they are two completely different styles, and secondly, that statement is just plain ludicrous

11. Oh okay I thought you meant that PS3 games looked graphically better just because of Blu-Ray.

12. The reason I said the difference are small because... well they are. HDTV is just a fancy way of saying more resolution, and when you playback a DVD on a HDTV it fits it to the resolution.

Not saying bluray isn't the superior format, just saying it's not nearly as fantastmicallyorgasmicallysmastic as you seem to think it is.

13. If you have an upscale DVD player then yes, it will UPSCALE the DVD to an almost HD quality. But what this also does is flare out the image, stretch it out and fade it... thus not making it crystal clear... Trust me, I have both an upscale player and the PS3. The right movies on bluray look PHENOMENAL

14. From my experience, I'm with Foop on this one. The difference may not be huge, but it's definitely noticable to me.

15. I still haven't played a PS3...ha first time I haven't tried one of the new generation of console...

Nothing against it though, just none of my friends or self ended up getting one

And man, COD:4 looks fun ha

16. #56 ithrowcraze, Feb 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2009
    i have all 3 consoles and a high end computer (intel q9400 with 2 1gb4870s in 16x 16x crossfire with 4 gigs of ddr21066 ram and a 24 inch wide screen monitor) I buy most of the exclusive titles for the ps3 but if a game is on both consoles i get it on the xbox simply because more people have it so the MP is better. If a game is on the pc though i get it on that though. i bought my ps3 before i got my wii or xbox and if i could only have one i think i would have to choose the ps3 just because the few games it does have are the SHIT!!!!

17. LOL dude that's crazy!!

i don't even think i've met someone recently who hasn't played one of those things...

except for maybe a friend's grandpa or something.....