The PS3 -

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by WherezMyLighter, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ive had a 360 for 3 yrs but ive definitely been thinking of picking up a ps3 after i saw it on sale for $339 last week

i only want one so i could play confrontation, mgs4, and resistance 2. I could give a fuck about blu ray or any other features it has. If you already own an xbox you just have to ask yourself how crazy you wanna get with movies and are those exclusives really that worth the cost of another console right now?:smoking:

2. #22 wackdeafboy, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2009
    I choose 360 over ps3 anytime.
    360 have a lot of amazing games!

BUT all I'm going say is ps3 will domnate in long run. Their cell processer is very powerfull and I heard that killzone 2 only used 60% of the power. THAT IS AMAZING!

I'm going buy ps3 just for killzone 2. I loved kill zone. It was great!

Never heard of it?
    My 360 ate gears of war. Meaning, the 360 is pushing the hardest and just eating up the disk. That usually happens on high graphic games like gears of war. My gears of war has a hugh circle stratch on it.

3. It astonishes me how many of you are giving me your opinion of which console is better. That has nothing to do with what I asked, nor do I care. I asked for Pro's and Con's of the system, good games that are out or coming out, and whether or not you guys think it's worth it. I never intended to have a fanboy flame-war. Jesus Christ, guys.

4. #24 mscbuck, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    Yo, s'aight, settle down!

I just picked up a PS3 actually, and sold my Wii

Pros:
    Media center features packed up the ass
    Bluray!!! (yes it has won, and it it is breathtaking)
    Do not have to pay to play online
    Arguably the most powerful system, especially with the potential

Cons:
    The online system. It's good, but no where near as developed as Xbox Live. But it is free, so you really can't complain
    Not a large game library as of yet

Great games:
    Metal Gear Solid 4 was my favorite game of all time
    Did I mention MGS4?
    MGS4!!
    MGS4!!!
    Anyways....
    LittleBigPlanet is astounding
    COD4 (if you don't have it for PC or 360) is always great. Be wary, their online system sucks somewhat
    Killzone 2 is supposed to be phenomenal
    Ratchet and Clank is some great fun and looks great as well
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is great, and Uncharted 2 looks to be great
    God of War 3 is coming out, 'nuff said. Game is fucking awesome

I personally am very happy I picked up a PS3. Despite my limited game collection, I've already played it more than my Wii (save for games like Galaxy / Twilight Princess). Bluray is always a plus, and I would say that you are making a much better INVESTMENT with a PS3 than you would with a Wii, for example.

5. msg4--- NO thanks..
    littlebigplanet----no thanks
    cod4-- that is not enclusive.
    killzone2- the only game that I want on ps3
    Uncharted----yes please
    Resistance---maybe...

really, there almost no enclusive games on ps3. I know gow3 (god of war) is coming out. don't want that game. There other enclusive like FF13 but that coming to 360. right now, ps3 is starting getting on track. I'll just stick to 360 till it 360 days are over.

6. Metal Gear Solid 4 makes up for the entire price of the system in my book... Then again, most of you like mindless FPS and third person shooter games which the 360 has a plethora of. I can understand not liking a game that gives you orgasm inducing gameplay and graphics, wrapped tightly around a taut story with the greatest cinematic scope the video game industry has ever seen.

You guys can have fun playing Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 though.

7. Halo 3?! hah no thanks.

gears of war 2... lame! epic lost a customer! Not going buy epic game anymore.

8. Every sentence in your post is ridiculous. Blu-ray looks like crap? That's like saying that a 12 megapixal picture doesn't look as good as a 3 mp picture.

It's good that you and your friends haven't had any console problems but that isn't the case for the majority of 360 users. I've had to send my console to repair 5 times and I handle my console with kid's gloves.

It was announced last year that FF 13 would be on the 360 as well as ps3 but that's not really a big deal. Square has made games for several different consoles for a long time.

@op: I guess it really depends on what you would use the ps3 for. I personally use my 360 much more for video games but my ps3 gets used a lot for movies and streaming media.

9. Don't act like that's the first time you heard that, lol.

10. It is..
    I've never heard something as weird as that for a 360.

11. Blu-Ray looks like crap? Interesting.

12. #32 the roach, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    It depends on the set up.
    Anything will look like crap if you play it on a 13 inch tv, if you have a good setup, blu-ray looks magnificent.

bingo

13. Cant play resistance :) free online play..."Home" pretty soon ps3 doesnt sound like a damn jet engine. ps3 owns xbox

14. I kind of want to see Blu-Ray now because people talk so highly of it..
    I really doubt its that big of an improvement on my Xbox on a High-Def flat screen but you never know..

15. dude, just stick with your 360.

ps3's are more expensive and may have better graphics and all, but personally i like xboxes better.

better games, decent graphics, less problems than the ps3.

16. The main advantage of PS3 is bluray, so it would be worth it to me just for that. It's very pricey though, if you're into games stick with Xbox 360. I also prefer PSP over PS3.

17. dude, how do you prefer that over ps3?

shit if someone had a ps3 in one hand and a psp in the other, i'd take the ps3... wouldn't you?

18. Only if my purpose was to sell it for a profit, but no I honestly prefer the PSP in terms of fun. I have an Xbox 360 so any good games that are out I have access to, save for PS3 exclusives that I can honestly live without.

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/resistanceworkingtitle/index.html

That game is one reason I am glad I own a PSP 3000.

The PSP has untapped potential, and I'm looking forward to a PSP2.

19. Don't worry, it is :rolleyes:

20. Compelling argument.