Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The pros/cons of [different] Smoking Devices List

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Floydian, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Pro on Vap:
    No smoke! So less respiratory problems.

2. Mweh.

I have to go to a party tonight, so I'll look through these tomorrow and see what we got.

:p

3. And the taste!

And the high!

In my experience, vape highs last longer than any other method with the exception of eating it.

4. Alright, the list has been updated.

Added a notes section for things that need to be said without actually fitting on the list.

And I'm wondering, even though it's the SMOKING devices list, do you guys think I should add "Cooking/Eating" to the list?

5. T3h Bump.

I'm sorry, I wouldn't usually bump a thread, but I want this list to actually work :p . It could be a great info source, if it did....

6. Knife hits
    Pros-
    Get you really stoned.
    Builds teamwork (haha)
    conserves the buds
    smooth hits (with ice)

cons-
    loss of smoke sometimes
    can be difficult to pull of for some
    usually a 2 person deal.
    harsh hits (without ice)

7. I think you should add edibles. Just because they are another way of getting high.

8. After owning a Volcano for almost two years and hanging out in the Vapor Lounge way more than I should...

Pros:

- The vapor smell doesn't last as long as smoke and isn't as strong.
    - Some people like the taste. I'm impartial.
    - Vapor supposedly is healthier than smoke. I'm an athlete and have seen only a small difference.
    - Easy to pass off as something entirely different - my family has no idea what it is
    - Gets you a really clean, mellow, extreme high
    - Has a great manufacturer's warranty (but I think you have to send to Germany).
    - Solid build quality. Nothing flimsy or cheap-feeling about it.
    - Bag set up is nice since you don't feel like you're wasting anything.

Cons:

- Uses kind of a lot of pot, but gets you as ripped as that much should
    - Offensively expensive. Only buy if you really have the means to spend.
    - Not very portable. Pretty heavy. Lots of little parts (not good when you're stoned).
    - I've heard about (but don't know of anything firsthand) heating element problems that you have to send to Germany to fix.

Anyone else can add to this... I haven't tried any other vaporizer (as I've felt no need to)

**EDIT** I know we're talking about different methods of consumption, but the reason I placed the volcano separately is that it is the quintessential vaporizer. It would be inaccurate to compare it to, say, a $70 novelty item or a Shake 'n Vape.

9. the pros of a GonG tube far out weigh the cons, IMO.

joints/blunts to me are a waste, like debauch said, giving 10-20% of the total THC possible.

dry pieces are alright, and do give a good greens taste of the weed, but after a few hits, they start to taste like shit, again IMO.

bubblers are alright, but again after a few hits they taste like shit.

ever since i first hit a GonG i never looked back. it's almost pure weed smoke milking the tube until your hit dies and air makes it's way into the piece. (i only smoke snappers, meaning i don't pack more than a hit at a time)

so, to me, packing snappers in a GonG tube is the best way to smoke.

10. Joints/Blunts Con: Hands and clothes smell strong of weed in comparison to other smoking methods.

11. IF im not mistaken, Next to vaporizors, bongs give you the most bang for your buck psychoactively speaking. THC has a very low solubility in water, which would make the bong the 2nd most effective smoking device. Drink bong water, guarantee you wont get high =p
    just trying to help your info because you stated that possible less THC because water filtration. Otherwise, nice thread, and maybe include the most wasteful form of smoking, joints =p Happy Herbage!:hello:

DC

12. you should add pro's and con's of smoking from a can. ;)

13. Awesome Thread Necro Job!

It was listed that some psychoactive matter may be left after vaporizing, as a Negative to vaporizing.

That should be listed as a Plus, along with the fact that after smoking anything at all, it is all gone. There is NO psychoactive material left, at all.

After vaporizing, there is certainly enough good psychoactive material left to make excellent edibles...a most definite Plus over any smoking, at all, in my opinion.

I'm just sayin'... :smoke: :hello: :cool:

14. Barely any Pros to pipes. Glass Pipes and Hemp string are used to light weed for the real weed connoisseurs like at the Cannabis Cup. You get the pure taste of the weed, and nothing at all is messing with the THC levels or filtration.

15. Waterfall Bong:

Pro: Conserves nug, can be done quickly and stealthy in a bathroom with proper ventilation or a window.

Cons: Nasty taste, harsh, bottle will smell after.

Vaporizer (MFLB)

Pro: Small unit, conserves nug, easy to use,

Con: Charging batteries

16. although bongs had the most cons, it's still my favorite :3
    but that's probably because my bong is my babyyy

17. blunts pros-feel like a G when tokin one, fun to roll
    cons- USE A LOT OF WEED!
    BONG-water filtration,can take big rips
    cons-expensive and big
    Pipe-pros- cant take anywhere!
    cons-none

18. what about steam rollers?