Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The proper bong hit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fadeddd, Dec 10, 2010.

1. I have a tendency to build up a nice milky rip, exhale really quick, then draw the whole hit into my lungs. It seems like if I try it do it all in one motion I'm more likely to lose some of the smoke or get it caught in my throat or something. But most of the videos I see on youtube of people milking it, it seems like they just drag on it for like 10 seconds and then pull the smoke and exhale immediately and maybe cough, and I wonder if they're getting all of it into their lungs. This is also how most of my friends hit the bong, but no one seems to mind my technique either.

But I'm also wondering if there's some reason why people don't want to let the smoke sit even for a split second for a quick exhale.

Thoughts?

2. Smoke goes stale and then tastes nasty.

3. it gets trickey to hold a massive lungfull of smoke for ages, and as has been discussed on GC more times then i can count holding a hit for more then a couple seconds just deprives your brain of oxygen,
    that being said, you should continue hitting it how you please, and if you perceive some techniques as wasteful then just make sure its not just your herbage that they are hitting.

4. It doesn't take me 5 seconds to exhale the air I intake from making a bong hit. I can't taste a difference in the smoke between the two methods. I can taste the difference if I try to take the whole bong hit and can't, then have to go back for the remnants of the smoke 10 seconds later...

5. Stale smoke sucks so much, made me cough for a straight 5 minutes once

6. I do it all in one motion because I just have the lung power. When I get a nice milky hit going, I can clear it all. I don't take more than I can handle because then there's stale smoke for the next person.