The Price of Cheap Weed

Discussion in 'General' started by Zendik, Nov 15, 2012.

1. I started a thread a few week or so ago about the problem of people getting medical cards and destroying the price of weed.

It's only fair that I bring to you guys an actual example of this going on in the real world.

Grants Pass Daily Courier - Drug team has busy month

More here:
    30-day investigation nets over 8,000 pounds of pot | Eugene News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KVAL CBS 13 | - Eugene, Oregon | Local & Regional News for Eugene, Springfield Oregon

This is where your cheap weed comes from.
    While sure, Colorado has legalized marijuana it still has to come up with a way to produce and distribute the stuff. Washington, on the other hand has a plan be it a shitty one but whatever.
    State grown Washington pot will be expensive. You cannot grow in Washington because of this law.

Regardless.

Last I checked pot smokers wanted to be seen as somewhat enlightened and against certain things. GMO, Walmart, come to mind. But, through greedy people that want oz.s for $100 guess who you end up supporting? Walmart of weed.

You are supporting damage that is done to this movement through unscrupulous growers who have destroyed the price of weed in Oregon. Sure, if a grower breaks the law and goes over his limit while smoking meth and buying guns to protect his massive out door operation he will sell his ozs for $90.00.

But look what happens.

See past your own face here.
    This is ammunition that will be used to fight the growing legalization movement. Look what the Oregon State Police now have to use.
    They have medical marijuana growers with hundreds of pounds of weed, guns, meth, pills and a link to shipping this stuff nationwide.

Great job!
    Gotta love that cheap weed.

2. Since I posted this there has been a serious lack of weed.

3. Check again, and quit generalizing. Not all "pot smokers" want the same thing. I'm not a vegan, left-wing, walmart hating, hybrid driving, tweed wearing stoner. I eat meat, i'll wear leather and i like the rumble of a big v-twin. Pot is universal among all types of people.

4. I smell another one of those <insert derogatory terms here> people that is against any form of legal weed because it cuts into their income....

5. It being more legal is a good thing if prices drop enough it won't even be worth it to sell on the black market cheaper weed doesn't mean more crime I don't see how you came to that