"The Pot Book" is the most comprehensive I've ever read.

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by budlover13, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Let me begin by saying I posted in this forum because "The Pot Book" compiled and edited by Dr. Julie Holland, M.D. deals a lot with both Spirituality and Philosophy as well as the fact that I plan to encourage my ultra-religious, SEVERELY anti-pot, sister with her own addiction problems to read this book if she wants to make an effort to bridge the huge divide that has come between us. LONG story.

Well, it's been a long time since I've written a book review so please bare with me.:eek: I don't plan on a full review in this first post, but rather referrencing the book throughout the thread. I highly recommend (pun intended:p) that any and all people who have any interest in cannabis, whether they use, used to use, are curious, or are prohibitionists. A human being that continues to debate and attack but does not review the evidence presented in their opponents defense, imho, becomes an invalid persecutor. If a person, when handed a plethora of the most current scientific evidence regarding the issue being debated, refuses to review it he/she disqualifies themselves from having a valid opinion regarding the topic being debated. If you view this in terms of opposing armies, when one soldier for whatever reason does not or cannot continually train, study, and utilize the latest in tactics, weapons, and theory he becomes inneffective and is either killed or is taken out of the conflict. This is why I urge anyone who has an interest in the cannabis legalization movement, pro AND against, to read this book.

This book is absolutely amazing in it's breadth of scientific information from the leading researchers in various fields that is VERY clearly explained through the eloquent blending of interviews, humor, Spirituality and Philosophy, politics, culture, history, and the list continues. There are a couple of HIGHLY technical chapters regarding the medical and scientific aspects that make for some difficult reading, but were highly educational and I strongly encourage all readers to tackle this small but informational section of the book. I spent 30-40% of my total reading time(total time to read cover to cover even though this section only comprises about 5% of the book) reading, re-reading, and then quickly educating myself through Google as best I could so that I would have a better understanding of both the physiological and psychological impact of use on my body, mind, and life.

In short, I HIGHLY recommend and strongly endorse this book for everyone and anyone who wants to be up-to-date on the most current and solid information regarding the beautiful, fragrant, safest, natural, homeopathic, theraputic, plant that we, as humans, possess (and some utilize) on this little rock in space.

2. Wow, funny i would stumble here first, didnt even realize you posted this until after i read it haha. Anyways sounds very interesting. How current are the studies they reference in the book? (which i am assuming they must do?)

3. The latest studies available as well as historical findings. The resource section of the book is 78 pages long! The back of the book looks identical to any college text.

4. The book was published last year so 2010 is the most current as of publishing.

5. Cool, i might pick it up. I want read it, then have my dad read it and tell him i smoke weed...

6. I plan on picking up several copies, re-reading the book with hilighter in hand and the go through each book and highlight material that I think is important or unique to the person I give it to. Saw it on Amazon for about $14.

7. yeah pretty cheap on amazon i saw that too. tempting.

8. I came out to my family about 1 1/2 yrs ago and nobody was shocked. I told them I knew they all knew and I was going to start growing with my license and didn't want to have to try to hide it when they came to visit. Sooooo they decided not to visit for awhile but they all got curious and eventually came around. Well, all but one of my sisters.

9. yeah i hear ya, my brother is in the seminary... and my parents are really religious. I believe in God and have a very strong faith, made stranger by marijuana. I just dont think any of my family would understand except maybe my dad...

10. The book explains very clearly the role that both cannabis and religion have played into the debate.
    From a VERY nonjudgemental, understanding way.