1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

The Postal Service/Death Cab for Cutie

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BluntedMusician, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Anyone like these two bands? They're both in rotation at the radio station and I recently was able to get my hands on copies of Give Up and Transatlanticism. These guys are great to listen to when stoned. I think I found my new favorite! :)

2. yeah i like the postal service, you ever listen to a Scotish band called "Franz Ferdinand".........they are on the radio all the time over here now, with a great song called "take me out"..........Peace out........Sid

3. Death cab and Postal service are so amazing. Its a touch of sweet symphony when listening to those bands.

4. Nah I've never heard of that band before man, we don't get them on the radio here in Miami. I will listen out though...

The reason why I love the Postal Service is because of their ability to mix electronic music with a simple melody. It's like tripped out rock and roll.

5. Heh I have heard of The Postal Service and yes their music is so awesome. But I have never heard of Death Cab for Cutie or Franz Ferdinand but I'll check out some of their stuff and see how it is.

6. I've heard of Ferdinand but not of the others haha. Sounds a bit like the Strokes

7. Ben Gibbard is the lead singer of both Postal Service and Death Cab, Death Cab for Cutie is one of my favs of all time and they have just come out with a new album. The Postal Service was a side activity done with lead singer of DNTEL Jimmy Trambello. They may start producing a new Postal Service album in the future.

Death Cab tracks I recommend:
    - Tiny Vessels, The New Year, Photobooth ust to get you hooked, but you'll love them all of course

8. I like both of them, but I lost alot of respect for Ben Gibbards on his last album. He sold out over night what a bastard.

9. Yeah, I've been listening to The Postal Service, Franz Ferdinand, and Death Cab for Cutie for like a year now. Postal Service and Death Cab are really awsome!! Franz is ok, I like most of their stuff. If you all like these guys you should check out:
    -The Notwists (Postal Service was inspired by them)
    -The Decemberists
    -Neutral Milk Hotel (They're best album is: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea)
    -Kings of Leon (Get: Aha Shake Heartbreak)
    Check those out and let me know what you think!!

10. Franz Ferdinand - Shitty attempt at reviving an era in music. Clangy, boring guitars and annoying gimmicky vocals and lyrics.

Death Cab - too chill to be catchy

Postal Service - too fake to be liked.

Howeverrrrrrrr. There's this band called the Snow Patrol, a lot like Death Cab but a little more upbeat for my liking.

Damn, I'm just bitchin about shitty music all over the place tonight.

11. postal service is fun, because the upbeat electronic sound is great contrast with the guys chill voice, death cab is chill vocals and chill instruments. so it just gets boring as a mother fucker.

franz ferdinand wishes that they were the strokes, and that they could do the whole retro thing. too bad they picked the wrong style of music, and too bad they suck dick as musicians.

12. HAHAHA couldn't agree more about Franz Ferdinand, boy are they fucking TERRIBLE! There is nothing new or unique about their music, they're just trying to steal multiple styles.. and failing miserably.

I have to be in the mood for the Postal Service to listen to them. All those Nintendo-esque noises get to me after awhile. Death Cab is the same way, I have to be in the mood, its just too slow/chill. I really don't like listening to Death Cab with other people either, its a loner CD.

13. I'm a fan of the Postal Service. I hear good things about Death Cab for Cutie but I haven't heard any of their songs.

What I love most about the Postal Service is how damned intelligent their lyrics are. I just love them.

14. i agree with TheHempress, postal service has reall great lyrics. i listen to em everynight before sleep, gives me awesome dreams usually. I didnt really get into death cab too much but i dont dislike them. and as to franz fertinand(sp) i dont mind too much

15. The Postal Service is great. The whole 'Give Up' album is amazing - very unique sounds.
    Death Cab is ok too. Haven't listened to them a whole lot.

Grasscity Deals Near You