Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The post your bullshit marijuana facts you find thread.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vesna, Feb 10, 2014.

1. "Smoking Marijuana kills brain cells"

fucking hate this statement with a passion.

2. I'm going to call UNO on that.. I mean Bullshit....I smoked way too much as a kid. And I'd bet money that I am smarter, have a higher IQ, and a better memory than the p[aid stooges who conducted that study. But I guess I am the exception to the rule, not the norm correct?
     Well I'm going to say that these small brained children have far more variables to account for than Cannabis use. So let's discuss and investigate those variables. That is propaganda. It is easy to spot because they investigate it from the standpoint that the source is cannabis, and do not say "We have investigated these cases and Cannabis use was the sole factor in each and every one"....Hence my verdict of UNO...I mean Bullshit!

3. #23 Zulgaines, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014

NWU is a school of medicine that specializes in research and education of physicians and scientists. Ranked 18th or higher in various categories out of over 150 schools.

The study split participants into 4 groups, healthy individuals who had never had pot before, healthy individuals who were heavy smokers at some time, individuals with schizophrenia who had never smoked pot, and schizophrenics who were heavy smokers at the time. All participants were teenagers with still developing brains.

Using MRI scans they mapped the structure of all participants brains and both groups of MJ smokers showed shrinkage or collapse in memory structures of the brain. Further tests of memory function found both groups of MJ users scored lower than both groups of non-users. Non-users scored multiple times higher than heavy-users.

It was a legitimate study with legitimate controls from a legitimate university, not everything is a conspiracy to bring down MJ guys just be aware that it's not perfect in every way. Anecdotal evidence is fine but it doesn't beat out controlled experiments.

Nope, sorry. I ain't buying. For the simple fact that over the last 75 years no ACTUAL studies have been done to reflect the effects of Cannabis use, and have only been conducted to show DANGERS of Cannabis use. When we get rid of the propaganda, and real studies are done to test the long term effects of Cannabis use, then, and only then will I take even a second glance at their findings.
      Until then, I couldn't give two shits about biased studies with one goal in mind. And I will stick to the OPINIONS that I have formulated based upon my own experiences, and will ignore the OPINIONS of doctors and scientists who only seek grant money and funding from biased sources. And our government has systematically denied funding to any school willing to undertake an unbiased scientific study, as they are already aware of what those results will mean.
     Simply put, children who use the microwave to heat up their toaster strudels are in far more danger of deleterious effects than those that consume an organic plant which is not TOXIC in any unadulterated consumable dose. In my humble opinion!

More power to ya'.

You'll do well around here man. You know when to stop. I like you already.

been smoking since i was 8(with the babysitter)

thanks to my epilepsy i have had many many many mris done of my brain.....
    all of which come back "perfect"

so much so....that the number one seizure neurologist in the contrey asked me if he could take said pics of my brain to conferences to talk to other docs about.....

they have never seen anyone have as many types of seizures or as often as i have ...... who has no permanent brain damage....

again..... perfect mris...... everytime....

also....before i had a part of my brain cut out of my skull i had to take every kind of fucking test one can imagine.....

lets see i was 36 at the time.....
    so after almost 20 years of smoking......starting at 8...

i still scored "off the charts"
    both cognitively and physically.......(both unheard of for someone with my type of epilepsy)

come at me with some bulshit about how it fucks with ones health...... ill send them to my neurologist to see what he thinks of that shit after dealing with me.....
    (he also told me quite clearly that my weed habits are the most likly reason my epilepsy didnt become a problem till i was 32....instead of much earlier in my life.....

8. I bolded what piqued  my interest...

Teenage schizo's...

Most docs I've talked to about schizophrenia(distant family has it, i got curious about it when i first got into smoking) say they wont diagnose a psych disorder like that until the brain is matured enough/fully developed. 

One doctor explained his reasoning behind it really well, "It isnt until youre in your 20's that the brain is fully developed, meaning prior to that, things are constantly changing upstairs. What could appear as one psych problem, could be another all together, to avoid giving someone meds they shouldnt take, and malpractice suits, it is usually safer for everyone involved to wait a few years to make a concrete diagnosis. However in some severe cases it is obvious treatment should be started ASAP."

9. #29 Zulgaines, Feb 11, 2014

Anything in the area of diagnosing teens and children with mental disorders is sketchy at best. You can just look at the growth of the autism umbrella over the years to get kids popping expensive pills and out of mom and dads hair.

Due to the legality of MJ it's still an enigma and misinformation spreads like wildfire through the Internet, even here. My only goal is to learn from others or present information that's as reliable as possible. I don't expect to change anyone's opinions with words over the Internet or anything.

10. \n
    \n
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbUoUuQXEoQ&feature=share

See, that's odd. I have Cluster Migraines, which are a form of epilepsy. I too didn't experience them until late in life because I smoked a lot of weed. After I quit due to work restrictions I started having them in my late 20's . I suffered them for years, even having CT's blood-work, MRI's, and I have a "big fat juicy brain" according to my neurologist. NO abnormalities whatsoever. And it was a full scan. After I started using Cannabis again the headaches went back to a controllable level of discomfort, and killed my LEO career pursuits. But, that's OK. I was never a fan of Kool-aid.
     As for intelligence...I like to think I'm pretty damned smart. After all...I've survived this long. And I've been through the wringer. And by all rights, I should be dead, in prison, or in a gutter with an unmentionables habit...just because of the environment I was raised in. When I hear this stuff, bullshit is the first thing that comes to mind. Cannabis has never adversely affected me. And has only expanded my mind and allowed me to see and learn things that I think I may have otherwise not noticed, or would have taken an interest in. I think some people are just stupid. And such a disappointment to their parents that they look for anything else to blame other than bad parenting, and poor genetics.

12. sounds like you are on track to me....
    i have a couple friends with migraines related to their epilepsy.... have done the research.... recently got a friend (in her 50s) to start smoking weed for her migraines.....and she has had tremendous benefits....

i do agree with you on the idea of people just looking for anything other than themselves to blame shit on..... it is constant ...and it is fucking everywhere.....

fuck if more people could take a bit of responsibility for themselves.......imagine how much better off we would all be.....

13. btw... i had lots of tiny seizure activity all my life...just didnt know thats what it was till it became an actual problem when i was 32.....

You do realize a wall of text ain't gonna change much? Give [credible] sources, that's all I need. There's also plenty of studies showing no-minimal damage to the brain in regular users (one study on adolescent use as well).

15. Apparently there was posters put up in the north west of england saying "street cannabis now can be as strong as heroin"

Maybe what is missing in those MRI scans isn't memory centers....maybe Cannabis use prevents the mind from being scarred by experience, which is all the creation of neural pathways really is anyway, scarring. Maybe Cannabis allows us to learn form our experience with out carrying the extra baggage of emotional strain and stress created by it. Imagine, no PTSD from life. And that is really what emotions are. Some people just experience more in a shorter time. And some want to maximize their's by embellishment while minimizing what others go through. Maybe theses tests are only proving that effect?

17. #37 Zulgaines, Feb 11, 2014
    There's rarely any such thing as a credible source in the weed community, but I touched on that in a previous post.

Well all they are is tests, that's one thing people have to keep in mind. Theories are theories for a reason, being able to look at the information presented and analyze it with an unbiased approach is incredibly important. We all have a bad habit of misinterpreting studies and research as laws set in stone instead of what they really are.

Using this study for example, one person reads it and sees a corrupt medical institution attempting to line pockets by furthering the war on drugs and keeping MJ illegal. Another person sees the study and blogs, tweets, whatever that 'SCIENCE PROVES POT DESTROYS YOUR BRAIN!'

That being said, I'd much prefer a world where everyone was high, happy, and friendly.

Correct...but wouldn't those two "differing" opinions still have the same effect/goal? I think so. The federal Government just last week admitted that NO unbiased scientific study has ever been taken do to federal law and restriction. Which means that NO study has been done that's results weren't intentionally skewed in favor of the agenda of the people conducting/funding/authorizing it! And that was straight out of Botticelli's mouth. It damn near had to be pried out. So it is unfair, and manipulative to even call these scientific, herb instigating tests, studies. Let's just call them what they are....SHIT! lol....did you see what I did there?

LOL listing 1 study that puts marijuana in the red doesnt mean its true or even worth considering especially when it comes to talking about brain damage, the number 1 most disputed fact about smoking marijuana hands down when there are so many studies that will prove the opposite.