The possibilities are Endless! Endless i say!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Minuteman420, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Recently ive been re-evaluating my faith. If i were asked a few months back i would have said, religion is for nutjobs, obviously its all fake. But when asked, what do you believe in, i would always reply, "nothing!".

So after pondering upon a few ideas, the meaning of life, what comes after life, and how the hell did i get here, I've finally decided on the right approach for myself.

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE. Any single one belief that one might follow is right, are you a scientologist? Well you're right. Are you a christian? Well you're right. Are you muslim? Well you sir are right.

Since it is impossible to "prove" that someone is wrong, We should all give eachother the benefit of the doubt. Whatever you believe in, good for you. Believe in whatever you want as long as you let me believe in whatever i want. I know that its impossible for let's say a christian, to believe let's say a muslim, can be right. That is the very nature of religion, There is only ONE right way to live (atleast in each persons eyes).

Think about how much better of a place the world would be if everyone just realized ANYTHING is possible. Believe in whatever you want if it makes your life easier and worth living. Does being a christian make you happy? Then be a fucking christian. Just leave everyone else alone. Does being hindu/sikh/muslim/a scientologist/buddhist/enter any other religion here, make you happy? Then be one, and leave everyone else the fuck alone. Let them be who they want to be, and believe in what they want to believe in.

2. I'm not a Buddhist by any means, but I certainly agree with Buddha's sentiment here. I'm not really sure how relevant this post is, but posting it just feels right:

"The Buddha always told his disciples not to waste their time and energy in metaphysical speculation. Whenever he was asked a metaphysical question, he remained silent. Instead, he directed his disciples toward practical efforts. Questioned one day about the problem of the infinity of the world, the Buddha said, "Whether the world is finite or infinite, limited or unlimited, the problem of your liberation remains the same." Another time he said, "Suppose a man is struck by a poisoned arrow and the doctor wishes to take out the arrow immediately. Suppose the man does not want the arrow removed until he knows who shot it, his age, his parents, and why he shot it. What would happen? If he were to wait until all these questions have been answered, the man might die first." Life is so short. It must not be spent in endless metaphysical speculation that does not bring us any closer to the truth."

- Thich Nhat Hanh, in Zen Keys

3. #3 Chreepac, Oct 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    There is a lot of emphasis on what is right or wrong, and the universe as it is. All of our discoveries are only words, and the pieces of our brain.

What you say is very intriguing, because the word 'poss' directly correlates to the inner workings of the brain, and you are totally right in assuming that all things are theoretically possible in the brains simulational structures.

4. "...for now we just see through a glass darkly." We need to open our perceptions and forget some of the things we were told.

5. I feel the same way. there deffinately could be a god but if hees out there i dont know why every religion thinks their god is the real one. I think that if there is a god, its probly what ancient cultures like the mayans thought it was. they were most in touch with nature and might have actually been able to communicate with a divine being. religions like christianity are so ignorant, for example they think jesus was white....but he was an arab! what gives everyone the right to think that their religion is legitimate? those goddamn muslim extremists are so fucking deep in their religion that they blow everyone up for it, when theyr probly not even right about god. religion has just gone too far...it causes more negative things than positive. people kill each other over a stupid idea that had become a beleif. its insane