The Pope Says Atheist Can Go To Heaven.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by -13 Amp-, May 24, 2013.

1. Ironically invoking segregation.

2. BE human. heaven might exist. probability and possibility.

3. I've personally always believed that you will go to heaven aslong as you are a good person, regardless of your beliefs.

I'm also not so shure that I believe in a "hell" except for the most evil of evil people. I'm talking about hitler, rapist, murderers(unjustified) ect.

4. I've personally always believed that you will go to heaven aslong as you are a good person, regardless of your beliefs.

I'm also not so shure that I believe in a "hell" except for the most evil of evil people. I'm talking about hitler, rapist, murderers(unjustified) ect.

5. if i dont believe in heaven anyway, why would i give a shit if the pope says i can go to heaven?

6. While I'm a theist and find the religion laughable (along with ideas of heaven and hell), the Pope's comment is completely unbiblical and the Catholics who call him the head of the religion should be offended at his lack of observance of the Holy book he claims to represent.  The Bible claims that man can only be saved through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  I could quote verses with this but I'm really not in the mood to pull the Bible out and look them up.  At the same time, that doesn't mean that the Bible doesn't teach love for all and not the judgmental attitudes of most modern Christians regarding non-believers.

7. I honestly fear for the way this generation will turn out

Because this could have maybe a small impact on the way religious people treat non-religious people. :confused_2: 

9. i doubt it. the only religious people i could see this working on are the ones already tolerant of others, which makes the whole thing pointless.

pretty sure every religious person ive talked to has told me i have to believe in jesus to get to heaven. and i doubt their opinion is going to change just because one person says its all good for atheists, when the bible tells them otherwise.

not to mention the religious people have to be pissed that they've been going to church all these years for nothing.

That one person is the mothafuckin Pope! ;)

That is why I said "maybe a small impact" though. :p 

11. #51 jayfoxpox, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    This is pretty ironic , but this reminds me of one of the parables when the owner of a vineyard hired workers early in the morning and another group of workers  later on the day whom only worked a fraction  and when they got paid evenly the group that worked longer got pissed.
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+20&version=NIV

“So the last will be first, and the first will be last."
    Which pretty much means that God will serve the weakest first and the strongest last, so maybe God will serve the people with the weakest faith first.