The Pope Says Atheist Can Go To Heaven.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by -13 Amp-, May 24, 2013.

1. I'm with Postal on this one.  If there is a heaven, I don't want to go.  Worshipping a cosmic dictator for eternity sounds worse than hellfire to me.  I will admit I like this Pope more than past Papal celebrities.  On a whole I can tolerate the catholic church more than most, with exception of the sex abuse.  Catholicism is the lazy man's Christianity. 

2. #22 jayfoxpox, May 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
    flipflopping religion yet claims to instructions from God , which is the absolute truth.

Well, he's obviously a little batshit, but I think that's a prerequisite for that position isn't it?

4. #24 *guest, May 29, 2013
    Last edited: May 29, 2013

Oh my god, the comment section is fucking hilarious. 

I'm so sorry god, I forgot to get my heaven passport. Can you send me back to earth somewhere near a Walgreens so I can get my passport picture taken? I'll be back in a few months. 

5. Being a little batshit is generally a prerequisite qualifier for anyone striving to be of some value to themselves and others.

Not usually a prerequisite qualifier, but it definitely makes them more entertaining. 

7. If I can go to heaven then the pope can go straight to hell, good news indeed!

8. #28 jayfoxpox, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
  9. I heard from my wife that the Vatican has recanted these statements or at least refined them a bit.  Is this true?  I seriously doubt Catholicism will forever stand by the notion that good non believers can achieve paradise.

10. ....never cared. Us believers in non-sentient nature-based "dieties".....we're always fucked...

11. #31 Finger My Urethra, May 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
    pope can go fuck himself!!!!1!!

I bet he sends his personal guard out to find fresh atheist child ass he can punish daily. 

12. Actually, he can't.  :( Poor guy.

No, but I can guarantee every pope tries at least once to masturbate while wearing their ring...

14. You do it for them or something?  ;)  :poke:  :laughing:  :smoke: 

15. The difference between being a guy who jerked off with the hand wearing the ring he makes everyone kiss vs being the guy who got someone else to jerk him off with his own ring that he makes others kiss is just too great. They're after the satisfaction of watching your lips touch the ring they jerked off with and they don't want thoughts of their age related limitations or ED ruining it....you can bet they do it on their own.....even if it's the last time it ever works.

Similar concept to Ass Pennies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1Q7F23DxM

16. Phew.
    I'm glad that I have the popes permission to go to lala land when I die.
    Specifically Christian/Catholic lala land.

I was worried for a whiles.

Sent from my XT886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

The pope's statement was positive and inclusive  ...
    so I won't knock him.

You wouldn't smoke weed if you weren't a believer  ...
    For most tokers it's an aid to achieving  -  paradise, heaven, nirvana, ecstasy, peace of mind
    ...  You probably believe some of that.

Do the religious thing and disbelieve the attainability of heaven  ...
    Believe a lie
    ...  pie in the sky.

It helps the lazy abdicate their spirituality.

18. Did you just say that If I would not use weed if I was not a theist? So there's no such thing an cannabis atheist user?

I think he did, and I laughed when I read it.

20. "And I bet you there's a heaven for an atheist" -Nas