The Politics of Climate Change...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by svedka, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I would disagree that's pretty much what she's saying. To me it sounds more as if she is saying climate activism is a key driver behind incoming global biometrics. Which is false and is a mistruth that the platform she is speaking on has a raison d'être to propagate. Again, a convenient red herring to pit the people against each other and sow more confusion towards understanding a crisis, because it benefits the upper echelon who sit in the ivory tower. The case can be made for biometrics being a function of society which is being forced through, but it is not solely down to climate change, rather it is something which is being forced through across many many facets of society as a means of control and subjugation of the populace. A great irony is that to actually circumnavigate the climate crisis the ivory tower must fall and greater equity for the global population needs to be realised, something most of us should be behind imo. This kind of media does the opposite.

I don't know what The Guardian did to Corbyn, I don't follow the paper much other than occasional headline shit, they've been pretty good on reporting Wikileaks stuff/corruption stuff (Panama Papers etc. - remember that?) and I read their sports coverage now and again. Otherwise meh, other side of the coin and the majority of their opinion pieces are yet more culture war-fanning, division-stoking BS, just from the other side of the aisle. Don't know anything about the Bill Gates Foundation funding but that doesn't bode well either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. :lmafoe:

stop, youre killing me

Is this a civilization where I can drive my personal car and eat a steak? Or am I going to be eating bugs and hailing Uber?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Madmen - “Philanthropy is the gateway to power!”

• Like Like x 2
  4. do you begin to get the feeling that no one is listening? it's out of control man and the freight train is not slowing down any time soon :confused_2:

I admire your tenacity and seemingly tireless efforts to be proactive. I think if the soothsayers are correct in their predictions we're past the tipping point. if i were younger I'd be looking to move somewhere to build an underground dwelling. pretty soon (several decades?) no one will go outside in the daylight and all work will be done at night to try and escape the heat.

electric vehicles won't solve the problem. china and india have to get on board or it's all academic discussion. forcing "me" to change while the world's worst polluters keep polluting will not solve the problem but it will certainly make me mad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. You know what man, you're right...

I'm out.

:wave:

• Like Like x 1

6. I hope you're not out! i think you bring a lot of knowledge to the discussion. climate change is a real thing and i don't doubt it. here our water reservoirs are drying up and it would take a global flood or mini ice age to fill them back up.

i don't know what the answers are but as for the discussion keep being the dissenting voice as you're probably correct in all things you share.

7. Have you looked into what would occur if the Gulf Stream collapses?
    The Gulf Stream continues to slow down, new data shows, with freshwater creating an imbalance in the current, pushing it closer to a Collapse point

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

8. very interesting read. i don't have a lot of input other that what i observe and tbh, given the time scale the universe operates on what this generation is experiencing with climate change may be nothing more than a cycle. People often forget that our entire galaxy is hauling ass through the unknown universe encountering something new every second such that by the time one finishes reading this sentence we will be in a new spot and will never return to the same spot again, so who knows all the dynamics.

that said, the colorado river is running dry and millions of people are soon going to be migrating east.

9. At least before when civilizations collapsed there were other places to go and start anew.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's being developed as we sleep -

• Like Like x 2
  11. For Americans we do. It’s called Canada. Perfect place to go if the Earth warms up. Don’t worry, we won’t ask permission first.
    RD

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

12. I had a stoner friend in high school a very long time ago and he used to say Americans will be coming for our water - we all thought he was crazy. He did ended up losing it in his 20s but that's altogether a different story.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Here it is from the horses mouth. Seems like a logical fella.

• Like Like x 1
  14. there will be future wars fought over fresh water.

• Agree Agree x 3

15. Some have already started - Israel-Palestine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. That's how Bill Gates is doing it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I agree.

I am often sceptical about non native trees or animals being introduced to an area because of the poor results our forest and wildlfie agencys have had. Even on a house to house basis people often make mistakes.

An example 25 years ago big poplars were all the rage in this basin. They grow huge and likely absorb lots of c02 they also use a lot of water. How are determinations made which is more valuble. They really don't serve a purpose aside from being a good wind break and absorbing co2. To me, the water being used is more valuable than the tree. Is there some sort of formula to figure these kinds of dilemmas out?

• Like Like x 1