The Politics of Climate Change...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by svedka, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Oh..I see, so you are just pretending. Thanks for the heads up. I walked into the local extension office and they didn't think that would live long enough to see the area change grow zones. Then I read what you and others say about the end of the world and are days are numbered. Then you dropped the truth bomb on me and admit that you are just pretending . So crap...I will stick with the blue berries for now. They do pretty good but the birds eat a lot of them before I get chance to pick a bucket of them. thanks

2. You seem to be thoroughly confused about the whole concept of climate change, who are these "climate professionals", whatever "end of days" means and ... Blueberries.

Not sure if it's worth discussing this with someone who is only interested in his local weather and whatever you can grow next season.
    Sometimes it's a good idea to take a look at the bigger picture, but I doubt it is so in your case. Good luck with the blueberries.

3. Well at least I got you to admit you are pretending to be a climate no it all . Maybe you could focus your effort and give your buddies a heads up on where the most pollution on the planet comes from like China and India and protest where it would do the most good instead of preaching to the more than likely the cleanest productive nation on the planet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. The US has been a banana republic for decades as well thanks to Big Oil and corporatism pulling the strings of both parties... So 3rd world? Yes read the history of all previous empires even before Rome, they all failed at some point... 800 military bases yet some so called "patriots" here actually believe it is for "self defense" and not world domination, but i digress...

Regardless of whether or not the planet is warming or climate change is a hoax, i say it's well worth it to have clean air and water on the planet regardless of cost... Include Flint Michigan's toxic water infrastructure problem... Native Americans voiced their disapproval of pipelines crossing rivers knowing if there is a leak it poisons water underground as well as the river... Big oil bought govt. ignored them, well Obama tried maybe...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Didn't realize y'all experts in politics with degrees and years of experience in the field. Pretty much everyone here is "pretending", at least I can admit it.

India and China are leading the way in renewable energy adoption and the economy of both is growing at about 6-7% ...
    US? About 3%.

I know you are not an expert in math, but #1 "cleanest" country may not stay that way for long. We're barely 250 years old and shit is already falling apart. History shows that what goes up, usually comes crashing down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. New Orleans is underwater. Again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gee, imagine that, the hubris of building a city below sea level next to a sea...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Awful shit ... Really sad to see them hit so hard again.

In the last three years we've had so many major natural disasters. Texas flooded, California burned, Puerto Rico and Florida keys destroyed now Louisiana is forecasted to flood again, even more. Do people really think it's all just a coincidence? The denial is deeper than the floods in Midwest. Which is where most of the red states are located and majority of people claim that climate change is a hoax made up by Democrats. Maybe god is "punishing" them for ignorance. They are the ones getting hurt the most, losing billions of dollars in property damage and lives of their loved ones. And libtard vegans are fighting *for* them.
    Kinda makes you lose faith in this country.

Some would literally rather die than admit that it's not about which "team" is winning. 'cause nobody is winning when people are losing their lives and homes. Sad fucking reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Oh no! How dedicated are you guys? Screenshot_2019-07-14-12-02-01.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. 47825479-1428-4BBE-842D-EFB936647447.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Local weather is NOT climate? So extremes in weather, as predicted by climate scientists is not evidence for climate change? I wish the "Sky Is Falling" crowd could be consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AOC's Chief of Staff Admits the Green New Deal Is Not About Climate Change | National Review
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal, is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all,” Chakrabarti said to Inslee’s climate director, Sam Ricketts, according to a Washington Post reporter who attended the meeting for a profile published Wednesday.
    Do you guys think of it as a climate thing?” Because we really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing,” he added.

I believe that climate change is a naturally occurring process that yes humans are speeding up but the worlds not going to end in 12 years like the ding bat bartender congresswoman said. They are trying to use fear to push their green new deal and change our whole economy to “green” which would be a economic disaster in my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  13. Do you understand the difference between local weather and weather patterns?

14. Do you understand how obtuse this whole subject is?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. From Wikipedia: There have been at least five major ice ages in the Earth's history (the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, late Paleozoic, and the latest Quaternary Ice Age). Outside these ages, the Earth seems to have been ice free even in high latitudes.

So it appears the earth has gone thru several warming/cooling cycles which is normal. We have been going thru a warming cycle since the last ice age.

More from Wikipedia: In the terminology of glaciology, ice age implies the presence of extensive ice sheets in both northern and southern hemispheres.[3] By this definition, we are in an interglacial period—the Holocene. The amount of heat trapping gases emitted into Earth's Oceans and atmosphere will prevent the next ice age, which otherwise would begin in around 50,000 years, and likely more glacial cycles.

"The amount of heat trapping gases emitted into Earth's Oceans and atmosphere will prevent the next ice age..." Is that necessarily a bad thing? The point is the Earth is always changing and we weren't around to effect it and we are powerless to stop it.

It's sad to see that children have been scared because of politically directed science and are still scared adults.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Earth is warming? Climate change
    Earth is cooling? Climate change
    Normal temperatures? Climate change
    Extreme weather? Climate change
    Normal weather? Climate change

• Like Like x 5
  17. You are stuck in a confirmation bias. These ice ages have nothing to do with what we are talking about.

Since you can use Google, you can lookup relevant information or look at my previous posts. I am not going to repeat the same thing for you to quote articles about dinosaurs and ice age. Might as well reference the cartoon as it has pretty much the same amount of relevance.

18. Climate change is a power grab commie hoax.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1