The Politics of Climate Change...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by svedka, Jul 16, 2018.

1. There seems to be a lot of propaganda about the polar bear population increasing over the years but they cannot be confirmed... Doesn't matter what was in the past anyway, it's their changing environment that is driving them out of the water... ice that they need to catch seals is melting so on land they are forced to go and starving or slumming for whatever food they can find.

"Planetary physics require the world to warm as greenhouse gas concentrations rise, so without greenhouse gas mitigation, the ice will continue to melt. For an animal dependent on sea ice to survive, the prospects are not good. As the ice decline continues, the plight of the polar bear only can worsen."

Are polar bear populations increasing? - Polar Bears International

Moving right along, a real "national emergency"..

[​IMG]

State of Emergency Declared After Starving Polar Bears "Invade" Russian Islands

2. And??

Shit happens - all the darn time. Can’t save the world dude. It’s been happening since the dawn of time.

By the way - great pic. I’d say those bears are lovin’ life. When I was a kid we’d go to the dump to watch all the bears and man there’d be 25 of them pawin thru the trash.

J

3. The polar bears will migrate south, adapt, cross breed, or they will become extinct. If they don't make it, somewhere down the road somebody will find a tooth, draw a man around it, and conclude his diet consisted of seals and garbage, and he died during the last global warm cycle.

Let me know when any of this starts to sound familiar.....

• Like Like x 2
  4. I apologize to the Common Sensers - as this quote above is actually from the “wall funding” thread - But I didn’t want to muddle up that thread.

So - @svedka - I’m calling you out here, dude. People like you are known as “Alarmists”. 11 years? 7 years? Then all hell breaks loose?

You need to show your proof - and what I want to see is all of the bad things that are happening because of the one degree rise in temperatures over the last hundred years.

People are living longer, crops are more productive, there are LESS wild fires, hurricanes and tornadoes - less droughts, an increase in precipitation and overall greener earth - crop production is up and there is less hunger because of it.

Read here: Redirect Notice

So - @svedka - you need to start showing your proof first about how, even though the Earth has been here for millions and millions of years, that because of man, in a mere 11 years; or was it 7? the Earth will start to become uninhabitable. Let’s see what you’ve got?

Let’s see if you can do this in a way that doesn’t bring up your conspiracy theories - your “Industrial Military Complex”, your “Corporate Welfare State” phrases, your presidential hate mongering, your political theories but instead, let’s see some cold hard data - because I’m not seeing it and you’re just making yourself look sillier and sillier and without actual facts on how the earth is gonna end soon, facts on how things are getting progressively worse - folks will start snickering behind your back - and then to your face, much more than they are doing now.-

Oh - and I’ve asked 5-6 times now if you live in the USA and you haven’t responded on that yet too.

By the way - good morning!

J

• Like Like x 4
  5. Good luck getting him to provide any factual sourced evidence..
    I tried in the other thread. Didn't work out well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Those who swallow a narrative and parrot and echo it endlessly aren't worth the effort. They never change their minds when facts are presented counter to their narrative, and they offer no meaningful discussion. The ideology is held to a religious standard - complete with opposing points or facts being viewed as heresy, blasphemy. propaganda and the like.

Plenty of them here. I used to be one myself, and there's plenty to be learned from such interactions. But you can stop once the gold has been mined.

Unless one enjoys swinging the pickaxe, of course

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Svedkas green new deal to combat climate change:

1. Eat soy sausage.
    2. Elect democrats to every political office in the country.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not denying climate change, and the potential dangers given the evidence.

But I'd love to see the evidence of the earth being inhabitable in 11 years, and the solutions y'all have in mind for the United States government that would turn around something so catastrophic so fast. While China and the other major polluters continue to pollute unchecked..

10. Is there a difference between this "the world is going to end in 11 years" conspiracy theory and what Alex Jones spouts?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I just took this from the USDA website here - USDA - National Agricultural Statistics Service - Charts and Maps - Field Crops

So this site is USA crops by year - wow! Talk about doubling and even tripling production of various crops in the last 20 years - and still steadily rising.

Wait - I thought the hole in the ozone layer was caused by CFC’s & supposed to hurt plants and crop yields?

Here’s corn yields by year - and the rest of the crops show the same steady gains -

1DF6E115-2AF8-42A1-8835-E8F0EFBC7B9A.png

J

12. The fiercer someone is tied to a faction/purpose/narrative, the less convincing they are, that's for sure.

I'd like to see more than memes, from either perspective. This is uncertain science, from what I gathered of the literature review.

13. Numbers of US tornadoes by year from the NOAA site

Smaller tornadoes - I don’t see any strengthening trend. Looks fairly level to me.

upload_2019-2-18_11-21-11.png

This graph is for the big tornadoes -

Looks to me there used to be more of these larger twisters?

upload_2019-2-18_11-22-55.png

At the very least I certainly don’t see a trend towards more of the big ones.

Cite: Historical Records and Trends | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Climate change is happening - yes it’s a bit warmer - but man by a small amount - and to say that man is the cause?

I need more proof. I am also not seeing negativity attributed to it.

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It’s hard to say if it’s the extra CO2 or just advancements in agricultural products and practices. Most seeds are hybrids leading to increased yields and tolerance to adverse growing conditions.

15. I agree about that - and it’s certainly not good at all with the GMO’s etc

Still - it seems to be across the board with all the plant types. I’ve heard the same about the subtropical vegetation.

J

16. I wonder how many environmentalists add co2 to their grow rooms? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lol this was awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. And drive their nasty polluting Vanagon's to the hydro store to pick up supplies.

19. To grow indoor

20. I wonder if we existed in the dinosaur days if liberals would be trying to figure out a way to save the dinosaurs from extinction? Seriously.