The Political Compass

Discussion in 'Politics' started by imadamnlegend, May 17, 2011.

1. #2 cball, May 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    <philosopher-mode>
    hmm...only trouble in achieving analysis of ones political IQ (or such) is the dependance on historical knowledge provided by the state...Hitlers history books were not the same as those in Russia (or anywhere else for that matter). Top that with the test creators own subconscious affect on choice of questions to ask.
    </philosopher-mode>

well enough of that insight......I do like to be tested, (fun link) :D

[​IMG]

2. These kings of tests are really short-sighted. Political Philosophy is much more organic and complex than simply dividing things up into a neat little graph. Most people wrongly think there's only two axes to political philosophy, but in reality, there's 3.

[​IMG]

3. i scored Economic: -4.00 Social: -1.08

4. [​IMG][​IMG]

^Where I would place myself.

Stolen shamelessly from aaronman. :D

6. The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 2.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

7. #10 Marianas, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
    [​IMG]

what do you know about being a centrist

8. who is closest to your bearing in the compass (further down the results page)

me, I'm another Dalia Lama it seems..:hello:

9. Closest seem to be ghandi but as Aaronman pointed out in the other thread he seems to be on the wrong side.

10. I'm more libertarian and more left wing now apparently.
    I still don't see what my views on astrology have to do with anything though.

11. I remember there was a pretty big thread on this a while back. I was somewhere near the bottom and to the left of center.

12. interesting,

Attached Files:

13. I can't find my results from the last time I took this but, I was approximately at '0' of the compass.

I guess that means nobody likes me. :(

14. meh..i like you (in spite of myself sometimes):D

15. Economic Left/Right: -1.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.26

[​IMG]

I guess I'm a liberal-moderate on economics but a very strong libertarian on social matters. In terms of my overall party identification I'd say that I'm a Libertarian Democrat.