The police tricked my younger brother!!!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MunchiesMan420, Jul 24, 2008.

1. My brother works at this condo development with some of his other friends, they are all 15.

Today my brother got called into the police station, and the cops told him to tell them what happened at work and not to lie to them because they knew what happened.

So he decided to tell the truth and he proceeded to tell them about when him and his friend went into 3 of the condos, and that they only took a little bit of change out of the last condo they went in, but nothing was taken from the others.

Turns out that someone stole a gold watch from one of the houses up there yesterday and thats what the cops were asking about, by neither my brother or his friend were at work yesterday.

So he was taken in for taking something he wasnt involved in, but told them about taking something completely different!

Does anyone know what is going to happen to him?

2. if hes 15? slap on the wrist..

I know the feeling of being taken if for something you know nothing about.. Somehow ive found myself on the cops "usual suspects" list around here.. it sucks theyve showed up here twice with warrents for shit I diddnt even know had happened..

3. My brothers friend has been arrested before and is currently on probation, will he get in alot of trouble because i like the kid,

4. that sucks man, i feel for you, you and ur bro should toke up...

5. one time at a shitty job this pillhead driver stole 500 bucks from the register, and the cops came and asked if anyone took anything, and dumbass waiter over there admits to stealing 15 dollars in tips. then they search his car, where he has a hookah. and a pipe, and bud, and a bottle of smirnoff. so he's on probation. stupid him.

6. First three things you learn in law school about situations like this:

Admit nothing.

Deny everything.

Require proof.

There are no rules prohibiting police officers from lying to you to try to get you to admit that you've broken the law. As soon as you make an admission, though, they have probable cause to do as they please. If you're ever faced with a situation similar to the guy the OP was describing--questioning by the police in a situation where they obviously do not have enough evidence to arrest you--SAY NOTHING. Ask if you're free to leave, a request that they'll be forced to grant if they don't have enough evidence to justify arresting you, then talk to an attorney immediately.

7. Listen to TheNightGoes...

If the cops ask you in for questioning, admit nothing! Especially when they are being vague and not telling you any details. Cops use the dirtiest tricks to get information out of people while maneuvering around the law. They know their restrictions when it comes to things like this and they know that your average citizen knows nothing about what they can and can not do to get this information from you.

You only admit to something that you have done when you are shown evidence that proves it.

8. That sucks man, it's fucked up when cops know who you are even though you know nothing about it.

About seven years ago I was living in my first apartment. Of course I was about 20 so it was a party pad, alot of pot, pills, and alchohol going around. Well, I was on a pizza delivery one night, and got into an altercation with a drunk customer. He wound up hitting me and I decided to go back to my car and get my lug wrench to beat him with. I had a friend who worked with me at the time, in my vehicle with me who decided to hold me back and told me to go to the police. Well, I went to the police Station, was told to go to a certain cops (detective maybe?) office. I walked in with my witness (buddy) and the cop looked up, the first words out of his mouth were, "Hey *First and Last name here* B Street Apartment 31 Right? Freaked me out, I never sold anything ever, just partied alot. Nothing ever happened because it probably wasn't long after I hit rock bottom, and decided to move and start over, Here I am today!

9. the solution, tell your brother not to hang around with people who steal. stealing is one of the lowest things you can do, if I found some little shit kids were stealin from my condo even if they were 15 theyd get more then a slap on the fuckin wrist.

10. Probably (and hopefully) just probation MAX

11. d: !

12. ...on a marijuana forum?