The police smoke bud too!?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by happyfunball, Nov 16, 2012.

1. A couple friends of mine are police officers in Washington State. I was chatting with one of them one time (while I was baked out of my gourd, as it happens) about the recent election.

I was pretty certain that he was against legalization and would be upset that it passed, but I was shocked when he said that he voted for it. "It should be treated like liquor" was his position and he said all of his buddies on the force felt the same way. He said they already avoid arresting people for simple possession or paraphernalia and only tack on those charges if they're already going to arrest them for something else. (I'm not sure how true that is in general, though.)

What really surprised me is that he said some fellow officers are pushing for the unions to make sure that there wont be any negative repercussions from their own bud smoking after December 6th. He said there's nothing wrong with it, it's like going to the bar for a drink after work.

I think that was a tacit admission that a lot of cops would like to smoke bud in their free time. I'm pretty sure he is not one of them, but maybe I was wrong about that too...

In any case, now I'm really curious to ask my other friend who is an officer about it and see what he thinks. He already makes jokes about it: recently he threw a party (just alcohol, no Cannabis involved of course), but he had to leave early to start a shift. Before he left, he came to the front door in his uniform and said "Everyone hide the weed, the cops are here!" as if to pretend he was going to bust his own party.

I wonder if he supports legalization too? I never would have thought so before, but I wonder if a large majority of officers actually support legalization themselves? Maybe it's just in the Medical MJ states?

2. I can bet on the idea that the cops in the legalized states will have an easier time (in the states) addressing their opinions about marijuana publicly.

3. Word of mouth, there's a cop stoner that lives nearby me :confused_2:

4. Lots of cops support legalization. Why the fuck would they wanna bust pot smokers all the time. If I was a cop I'd be all fuckin pew pew blastin bad guys like
    [​IMG]

5. Except you wouldn't be yelling "Fuck the police" because you'd be one ;)

6. I know a few officers who partake in the herb

7. I forgot how awesome that scene was. :D Especially because he misses every shot

8. Most cops don't smoke and are against legalization.

There a definitely a good number of them who are on our side, though.

9. I have a friend who is a prison guard who I burn with some what regularly.

10. Pretty sure 2 cops live on my street. Known them a long time and I'm pretty sure I could score weed from them haha. One of my best buddies entire family is full of law enforcement and I would hook them up all the time since I'm cool and they could trust me to score for them. Cops are people too and not all will fuck you over. This is in TX

11. No

Just no. Damnit NO. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

12. That's awesome man

13. My uncle and 2 friends of Mine are cops. Only 1 of those burns but all of them are pro-legalization (in north cali). The way they say they see it, weed isn't bad and it causes distrust of police by the community. They agree that one shouldn't live in fear of those supposed to protect you. As society comes around to the realization of weeds beneficial characteristics and starts to use, (while still illegal) they will create a disregard for the laws actually useful in protecting citizens.

14. Very cool.

One of my best friends dates and lives with a cop (in Toronto). He smokes and gets her bud. So, tokin' cops are definitely out there.

15. The officer who runs the k9 unit where I live doesn't smoke, but I know he drinks with one of his sisters who isn't of age, she smokes though. One time he pulled over one of my buddies and the first thing he said when he walked up to the window was "damn, you've got the best weed in town.

16. Used to live in wa, all they make you do is smash your pipes which suck :(. But never tag anything on you for it which is nice

17. Still live in VA, all they gonna do is smash your head into the car while you in cuffs and then take you to the county lock . . . watch your head . . .

18. Well you could be yelling fuck the other police?

19. My LHS has a sign up on their display cabinet saying "cops, show your badge for a discount". Thinking it was a joke I asked the girl working if anyone's ever gotten the discount and she told me there's one RCMP (Mountie) officer who comes by regularly to buy pipes and whatnot but has never asked about the discount.

20. I knew 2 guys in the academy 5-6 years back that were huge potheads.

I also know a handful of cops now, but none of them know I smoked. One guy who's retired though once got a HUGE wiff when I was looking for something in my backpack, and I could tell he smelled it, but I made no eye contact and pretended it never happened.

Even though I know these guys, its hard to trust them you know? I have no probs being friends with cops, but don't know if I'll trust them enough to tell them I smoke bud