The Pledge of Allegiance thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Nov 25, 2011.

1. I do not care for the pledge.

I am not in a communist state. I do not observe the existence of a god. There is no civil liberty any longer, nor is there proper justice. This country has shied away from what it was once founded on. Until the States become a nation WORTH pledging allegiance to, i shall not.

Ron Paul can fix that though :)

2. #42 Ktmsmoker, Nov 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
    The main problem I have with it is that little kids are forced to say it without actually understanding what they are saying. Patriotism is good and all, but the pledge borders on indoctrination and promotes blind loyalty. I stopped saying that bullshit after the fifth grade.

3. Yay oppression

4. Wait, they let you keep the textbooks? Shit, they would've hit
    me with $60 fine in my school if I did that public isn't that bad. The education system in general (public, charter and private) is fucked up. I
    think the number one thing parents should teach their kids is to be strong willed an willing to question anything, public school can be alright if
    you learn to cut through the bullshit and learn. Also, kids should be taught school isn't the beginning and end of learning;one should be learning 24/7. Institutionalized education tends to create a resentful attitude. The reason humans rose to the top if the food chain is because of our incredible cognitive abilities; we could keep learning and learning and learning and learning some more. Nowadays, kids seem to have this attitude that learning is limited to 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 180 days a year. They are still subconsciously learning but they could learn so much more if they didn't have that attitude.

5. You should be able to opt out.

6. In my school, you could opt out with a letter from a parent or guardian.

7. Followed up with a visit from DCFS.

The ten most dangerous words in the English language are: "Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." (Ronald Reagan)

8. he aint lying, on either account

9. only intelligent thing ole alzheimer's ronnie ever said...that and the bit about getting rid of government agencies....that he never did

10. Haha, no they didn't go that far. I got my mom to sign one of those and they didn't give me shit for it.

11. Well just ask yourselves; what god does the Masonic U.S. Congress worship?

You can tell by the way that they govern and by the level of abject corruption.

The money is worthless in more ways than one. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]