The Pledge of Allegiance is dead.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by terradactyl, May 20, 2009.

1. "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all."

when was the last time you said the Pledge?

i remember in elementary school we said it every single day before class, and every classroom had an American Flag in it. I'm finished with high school now, and thinking back, maybe one, two classes tops, had a flag in it, and not once did we say the Pledge. to me, thats some bullshit. all because of the phrase "under God"

maybe they still say it in elementary schools.. i hope they do. because while I may not agree with the politics of my country, i fucking love my country.

2. oi oi oi

The last time I did was back in elementary school. So fucking long ago.

3. I was at a circus and they wanted everyone to say the pledge. Instead I sat there eating my nachos and cheese... after all this is America isn't it? :hello:

4. I don't pledge my allegiance to anything.

5. I love my country too but I always found the required pledge reciting to be a bit fascist... If you want to stand up and say it, then say it.

6. I got sent to the principle's office numerous times, along with some of the Jehovah's Witnesses, for not saying the pledge in high school, and refusing to stand up.

It was always "you're just doing it to start trouble." I would just smile and ask if I could be on my way, it wasn't worth it to fight with those people.

7. #7 terradactyl, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    i don't believe it was ever required.. just like i can choose to say it now you can opt out of saying it .. like olesmoky;)

but still.. the freedom to choose to not say it is what makes this country wonderful.
    im not saying you should say it, just think about it and all the stuff we take for granted in America, iduno

8. "I, state your name, do hereby pledge allegiance to the frat.

With liberty and fraternity for all."

:smoking:

9. #9 iPwnF00lz, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
    I see a hell of a lot more bad in this country then good most of the time, I'm going to be moving to Europe or Canada when I'm done with school to get away from all of this bull shit. I'm not saying you shouldn't love this country or anything, just contributing to the thread.

I don't know of a democratic country that doesn't grant their citizens freedom of speech.

10. Don't know about your school but back in grade school they made us stand up and do the pledge. Is the simple fact that people aren't standing up every day and pledging their allegiance to a flag really something horrible?

You don't need to salute a flag and pledge your undying love to be a good citizen.

11. I dont pledge to anything or anyone.
    and did you know that under god was added during the cold war.
    the original reads

i pledge allegiance to my flag one nation indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

the part my flag was change to the flag, so that people knew what flag they were pledging to and not thier native countries.
    Of course i am leaving out a few lyrics, but just some info.

12. hahahah,hmm when was the last time?i think since i was little kid any even back then i wasnt really pledging more like just listening to what people told me to do.

13. at my high school we had to say it ever day and i was the kid who never stood up. because i dont love my fucking country.

14. The pledge of allegiance is pretty wank. I am a patriot and I think it is lame.

15. I for one don't believe in pledging MY allegiance (which should be GIVEN to me REGARDLESS of where I was born in the world, it is MY life afterall, no matter if america or any other country gives me the freedom to have it or not, I WILL have it) to a corrupt nation of bigots and hypocrites. I don't feel like this country deserves my allegiance especially since america is the epitome of corrupt and outrageous acts of evil of the world.

The pledge can kiss my ass for all I care. This country doesn't deserve it.

16. You don't get to choose your nationality, so why should you have pride for it?

I like the ideas of the early American thinkers, but too much bullshit has corrupted it since then.

I had to say the pledge every day in highschool.

17. we agree.

18. it doesnt really matter if you pledge to the flag or not..its not like the flag gives a shit.

19. I am going to try to officially change it to:

I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America.