The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Deleted member 1087321, Jan 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. The best pizza is made in Brooklyn, and other parts of NYC. When it's served by the slice, it's best straight from the oven, not reheated. It does not need special toppings to be good, in fact most New Yorkers eat it plain, but not everybody. The established family-owned pizzerias are best, and the tourist trap pizzerias should be avoided. Pizza is not eaten with a fork by native New Yorkers. The slice is folded the long way, and held in a napkin, to catch the oil and avoid getting the hand soiled.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Made Stromboli with sourdough pizza crust. Turned out pretty good! I used sundried tomato paste, pepperoni and cheese. I would add marinara and more stuffing next time.
    730B47AA-DAAD-48AF-A1B8-5C52BCC78756.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  3. We got Brooklyn pizza in Vancouver -

Straight Outta Brooklyn Pizza - Straight Outta Brooklyn Pizza

It's really good. I always go for either the original or the classic pepperoni.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Looks tasty

Sent with it's not a lie!?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I just found out pizza pockets taste even better if you dip them in bbq sauce

• Like Like x 1
  6. I made one sausage pizza and a white garlic pizza last night. 20200804_210000.jpg 20200804_210532.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Forgot about this one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Damn it now I want a big NYC pizza.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I'm sure that it's good but it's not the same. There's no way to scientifically prove it, but the water in NYC is the key to the taste and consistency of dough that is made with it, whether for bagels, pizza, rye bread, cake, pretzels, etc. It's just one of those things that cannot be explained but it's true. It's too expensive to ship the water to other parts of the country for bagels and pizza. Even the best Brooklyn pizza chefs cannot do it as well, outside of NYC, without the water.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1

10. I completely agree with the assumption that the water make the difference...

but dose anyone really want to know where the water comes from lol

i believe there is a documentary on it. I think its actually sinking or flooding a town from it leaking out of the underground rout it takes

• Like Like x 2
  11. #132 garrison68, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    NYC water comes form the Ashokan Reservoir, built in the Catskills about 1915, and is about 100-120 mile away. Surprisingly, the people of of the area, do not get this water, and it tastes very different, which is immediately apparent to anybody who has tasted water from both places. Of the two types, NYC water is far superior in every way, from taste when drinking it, to cooking uses. I don't think that anybody has ever found any water that is equal, from anywhere else. Strange, but that's the legend and I have to say, from my experience as a lifelong New York City resident, and spending time upstate with relatives and otherwise, I can't disagree with this legend's assertion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. I fish the NYC reservoirs and I believe it has something to do with the pee in the water. It's a long way to shore when your rowing...
    NYC’s Reservoir System

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Perhaps the next time you cook some pizza dough or bread, piss in the water that you're going to use, that ought to make it much better.

I remember seeing raccoons in the Ashokan's picnic area, many years ago. Maybe they relieve themselves in the reservoir water, as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I live near the Catskills watershed. My well water is likely very close to the water you get in the city. Minus the pee..:D

• Like Like x 3
  15. I heard the water story my entire life. The difference is my parents reminisced about the water in Naples. Even still my mother’s pizza was perfectly delicious and made with Anglo water from Toronto.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Meanwhile in the real world -

upload_2020-8-17_20-6-39.jpeg

Mommy don’t cry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Beaver fever!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. #139 garrison68, Aug 18, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. I wonder how it works. Looks like a fancy filtration system. And it's from Jersey..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1