The Pizza Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Deleted member 1087321, Jan 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Made a few pizza's tonight. This time just using a poolish that I added no oil or salt to. This was my 20200316_191117.jpg mistake. Still, great pizza's. Sausage and mushroom.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. i got a bunch of Boboli pizza crusts given to me. i've been using them for pizza lately and haven't posted since it's not really homemade. made a seriously delicious one with refried beans for the sauce, then taco beef, onions peppers and cheese. so delicious!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mmmmm............Taco Pizza FTW!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. I love those crusts. It's the pizza thread. Not the home made crust thread,right? What about sweet pizza's.
    50 Delicious Easy Sweet and Savory Pizza Recipes

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I'm trying to decide between the Cookies and Cream and the Monster Cookie dessert pizza.:yummy:

The Naan pizza with berries looks pretty good too. Have you ever baked naan bread Tim?

• Like Like x 3
  6. No, I have not. But, that was one sweet pizza I may be trying.

• Like Like x 3
  7. This guy in this video is a hoot! He sure makes a killer pizza dough!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. We made do with Naan for a crust last night.

20200323_200813.jpg 20200323_203253.jpg 20200323_203418.jpg 20200323_203444.jpg 20200323_204716.jpg 20200323_212611.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I love fresh naan bread dipped in ghee!

Sent from here to there.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Interesting, that's like a butter consistency honey right?

Sent from my LG-K371 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  11. It's butter with the butterfat removed, also called clarified butter.

ghee.PNG

It's served in Indian Cuisine restaurants......yummm.

• Like Like x 4
  12. I agree folks. Naan is good and makes a fine pie in a pinch. And i could eat horse... if it was full of Indian food! Stop eating my quarantine food

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. 93223424_3010388215648634_282557415843430400_o.jpg

Mushroom, sausage, onion and red peppers!! sourdough crust from a super sour starter kinda ruined it. i can really tasted the sour and it's not the delicious kind you get with typical sourdough. its like vinegar. ick

• Like Like x 6
  14. It looks delicious. That sucks about your sourdough going bad. I noticed all the flour was gone in our local grocery store today. Yet the bread section was filled with bread. People really are nuts these days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Yum, so loaded!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  16. I didn't read through this thread, but I have a couple of key pizza tricks up my sleeve that have probably been mentioned.

1. Beer. A good stout works best and has the added bonus of giving the crust a beautiful faux-whole wheat colour. Bonus: you get to drink the rest of the beer, because making 'za ain't as good without a beer in hand.

2. A proper pizza pan with holes in it. It's a must in lieu of a stone.

3. Pre-cook the crust. I like a crispy thin crust. I roll it out as thin as she'll go and score it once it's on the pan. Bake until the air bubbles start, pull her out and flip her over right away. You now have a crispy top to put your toppings on and a bottom that needs just a bit more time. No soggy slices here.

And when there isn't the time or inclination for homemade dough, I also subscribe to the use of naan.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. wow @AR Toasty nobody has mentioned beer for the crust. is that a subsitution for all or just part of the water? how do you use beer for making dough? can i get the deets?

nobody has mentioned flipping and parbaking yet. when i was using a metal sheet pan at first, my dough was not getting cooked through but i got a stone tile from home depot and it cooks the crust really well now. some people were saying to try a pizza pan with holes on it at that point. the tile was free tho and works great. i think most of it is about preheating what you are putting it on since the pizza is cooked so quickly.

• Like Like x 4
  18. i didn't take a pic of this pizza but i used butter instead of pizza sauce with garlic seasoning, then added onions peppers and mushrooms on top. i put cheese on last five minutes which has really helped with creating stringy gooey cheese instead of slighting browned cheese.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I've heard that a cast iron skillet works too, but I've yet to give it a try. I'm entirely satisfied by my pizza pans. I try to keep cornmeal on hand too, to dust the pan.

I don't use any water, just the beer. I'm pretty shit as measurements, which is why I'm shit at baking :laughing:

About a third to half of a tall can - I guess that's about a cup, depending on how much flour you're using. Too wet, more flour; too dry, more beer. I don't warm it or anything, just off the shelf, not from the fridge. That's another reason to use a stout or an ale: it's nicer to drink the rest when it's warm. I've used lagers with success, though the colour isn't as nice and the flavour's not as noticeable.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1