The 'picture only' thread

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Karcinogen, Oct 26, 2010.

1. upload_2017-10-3_8-14-18.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. upload_2017-10-3_12-29-41.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. A '66, right Stig? [​IMG] Is it yours?

My brother-in-law bought a new '65 coupe, purple, 4 speed with deuces. Was pretty fast but he had a lot of trouble with it so he swapped it for a '67 327-300 Chevelle.

My high school buddy had a '67 GTO creampuff (it was a year or two old when he bought it), full power, dark blue with black vinyl top.

At the time, I was driving this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Those were the days, my friend . . . "

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I had a 66 tempest convert in white yrs ago.
    I loved it.
    Is that a 69 camaro I had one but it was only st/6 with 3 speed on the floor
    For a 6 cyl it flew , the v8 must have been a beast at the time. 350?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Redlines

• Like Like x 1
  6. I like gold... I mean cars!

Stiggy! Get that fucking camera out of my house! That's me on carpet safari! lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. You know fizzly, the way I heard it on the movie rumblefish as to the measure of time, thats only 15 more summers. Shit and that's if your health is good.

it's getting pretty squanchy in here!

8. Oops, forgot my pic. Chipped the porcelain off my bridge. Doc took the chop saw to it to let the gum heal.

[​IMG]

9. Come in from the ocean, jumped in a plane. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  10. #13171 Fizzly, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Eh, when I met my first wife she had a '66 Tempest maroon convertible. She made me sell my 440" 390 HP '70 Roadrunner when we got married! Grrr . . . Actually, I sold it on my own. What an idiot, oh well, was only 21. :(

Camaro in the pik was a '68, bought it new in September '68, it was a stripped 3-speed six banger, couldn't afford anything else at the time (EDIT: The sticker was $2,700 but I got it for $2,200, because although brand-new, it was one model year old).

But the next spring I bought a 327 engine out of a wrecked '69 wagon and dropped it in (that's what you see) -- I added the 4-barrel AFB. I think the 327 was available in the '69 Camaros, but that might have been the last year.

The almost-new 6 banger later went into a Chevy II beater I bought for winter use. It was an insane life back then, lol. I never had it so good: living at home, always had a dresser full of clean clothes, 3 squares a day, and I took over the whole garage.

My parents probably should have kicked me out like a million times, but never did. May they RIP. :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Yup, health becomes the most important thing in later life. If you live to be 90, but spend the last 10 of those in a nursing home, with hot 20 year old nurses changing your diaper, what's the point? I'd rather die at home at 80.

I've had serious health issues in the past 6-8 years but mostly got over them. I'd like to think I've got 10 good years left (I'm 67) of being able to get in and out of my Corvette (it's very low) but one never knows. Once you get mobility problems at this age, they generally never go away, they only get worse.

But for now, fuck 'em all, I'm plowing forward, feel pretty good, enjoying life, and still doing as much work as I can get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. My 4 door ZR1
    Fully loaded, black diamond, recaro car.
    700 club on 85.
    Just got my welds & nittos in yesterday.

It's a camaro/vette/mustang killer!![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tilapia is a fucking trash fish. Disgusting. Farmed seafood is also as equally as disgusting.

14. I'm with you brother, I only count the good years. Nursing homes, no pot, no grows, just eating shitting and sleeping, I pray to go out like a hero in a life changing moment. At 57, I think it's my last chance to change my life and get healthy.

Nice ride. I had a seville once, it was my present to myself. I saved for a house but when it fell though i got so discussed I bought the car and a trip to hawaii. Next time around I had more tickets already purchased and a house opportunity came around, and we dropped the tickets and bought the house. too funny

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sorry you had to eat it to find that out. That's equally disgusting.

They are fucking amazing pest control. They eat pretty much anything they can get in their mouth. They used to be grown for fertilizer. Eating fertilizer, fucking barf-a-roni.....

16. [​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

LOL.

18. Haha!!

I wouldn't get rid of it, even if I wrecked it. I would take the drive train and interior, save it, find me a 57 bel air chassis & start a project.

It's a sleeper, until you hear it lol. BTR stage 3, and the other works in it. It's a super fun car to drive.

I get a lot of "what's in that thing", and when you tell them in all reality it's a 4 door zr1 vette, they're like "ahhh, I get it now"

• Like Like x 1