The Physics of 2012

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by pavlakos, Apr 23, 2008.

1. How come there are so many theories of 2012? I thought 2012 was about planet-x....

2. not only my friend. its also the coming of the age of aquarius.

3. For the record i think the 2012 stuff is BS,
    but I've read more convincing articles than this lol (no offence, not like u wrote it)

Anyways, i just see this as another "answer" for the people who can't handle the mystery of life and reality.

Eat it up while u can..... 2012's a'commin

4. Well based off historical calendars it is. But don't you find it a bit suspect how many different theories there are for 2012? I'm not necessarily implying they are wrong, I just find find it rather odd how many versions one can come up with. Seems a little glorified don't you think?

5. well its up to the individual man. who the fuck knows what the new age is supposed to bring though.

and to smokin buddha would you mind telling us the secret of life?

6. WELL SAID.... i feel the same about 'the almighty'

7. ok put it this way. nibirus coming and changing the pole shifts is necessary for the spiritual evolution of humanity.

8. HA HA HA HA

Ok when you put it that way... my spirit does need some evolving.

was that post a joke?.... wow

9. It's so fucking funny. I have this friend back home in my home town who totally believes the 2012 theories, except he is kinda dumb when it comes to science. He is TERRIFIED about it, and thinks the magnetic poles are going to flip. He claim that this will make gravity throw people around and kill everyone. Also the continents are going to all switch places (what?).

So we are all making up stuff to tell him. I found this article about the the asteroid 433 eros, that is going have a near pass of Earth in 2012 (this is true). We showed him this, but made up stuff about hows its "retrograde" motion makes it "highly magnetic" and its going to mess up our poles. It's really hilarious.

The sad thing about it, is that when nothing happen on 2012 these same people are just going to move on to other crack pot ideas. People need this garbage to believe in. They thrive on it. It kinda pisses me off actually.

And the thing about the age of aquarius. Most astronomers consider the age of Aquarius to begin sometime in a few hundred years. People just moved it back to 2012 to make that date sound more mysterious.

10. If I remember my tv media, Armageddon already came in 2000. people.

And yeah, we still got approximately 600 years or so before we're in the "aquarius" constellation.

11. idk where your getting that date from, but alots going down in 2012. the poles and all are going to flip (along with continental shifts) and thats due to the solar cycles and nibiru passing by.

12. the poles have flipped in the past, and they will continue to flip in the future

if you look right now our north pole has been wandering for quite some time

13. i am a strong beliver in 2012, but for all i know it could be complete bullshit. i think the whole point of this date is more of a time for us to become aware. in this time of war, and poverty we must all have faith in something, be it as abstract as 2012. maybe that by that time we will reach a global consiousness about the lies of religion, gov't, politicians, etc. the end of the world feels closer and closer now a days, and maybe this date was meant to prepare us for something. have faith, think postive about life, and whatever happens, remember love conquers all

14. Magnetic pole shift= not so bad, we could survive
    geologic pole shift= we're all fucked

2012 theories remind me of Y2K

15. well you cant have one without the other anyway, so if theres a magnetic pole flip you can expect a geological. and were not ALL fucked. just the majority :)

16. If we have no control over it, why care.

Way I figure, I've only got 2 options, (if all this is true), either do something about it, or don't. and i sure as hell don't think im gona figure out a way to stop a planet from fucking up our poles in 4 years. Maybe ill live, maybe ill die.

So i don't care. Im gettin high.

Whatever happens, happens.

17. We should get ready and stock up on supplies and bomb shelters. I think we all remember the great polar shift of Feb 2001
    ? We dont want that to happen again.

And here's a few precitions

http://www.geocities.com/astrologyages/newage.htm

18. i think the govt is gonna try to have us all controlled by 2012 because of the state of the economy right now. America has no money left so I expect the economy to be worse than the great depression in the next couple years.Also i think all of the americans will end up immigrating to another country jus like how all immigrants wanna come here we'll all end up goin to europe or sum shit. Or my other theory is all the materialistic shit is funna be fucked up by something and we're gonna end up living the way the native americans used to live in sync with mother nature.

19. thatd be fun, lol. hittin that peace pipe all day,yeah?