The "PerfectPipe" is it really perfect?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Nefralla, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Has anyone tried this?

Clever Smokes - Smarter Smoking Choices

looking for something to help mitigate some of the tar etc from my smoke, and it seems like it's cool. Wanting to reduce the throat burn and butane ingestion.

Any good?

upload_2019-2-7_10-17-36.png

2. I'd just switch to vaporizing.

3. I would but I prefer flower, i'll see how it goes! thanks!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You can vape flower. Get a PAX, Volcano, or Arizer Solo 2 or whatever the current version is. I would be leery of using a filter because it will filter out CBD, THC, and terpenes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well, not only can you vape flower but you are actually getting a lot more Cannabinoids from it too.

6. Those types of pipes are pretty much trash if that’s the same type of filter as cigarettes then ur losing Thc and if you take it out you choke on scoobie snacks after the first 2-3 hits. I have one without the filter and it drives my crazy.

7. #7 Egzoset, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Salutations Nefralla,

As an ex-smoker i was most blessed when providence gave me an opportunity to gain proper perspective on my situation, which allowed gradual improvement of my understanding relatively to my former habit - constantly dealing with general indifference if not cyber-bullying (and more) on anonymous public "social" forums... In any case i'm afraid there's nothing "clever" about toxic self-poisoning by inhaling combustion compounds that include those of wood fiber & glue !

Too easy: simply don't generate such nuisance in the 1st place!! Instead try to learn ways to recognize/avoid "VILIFICATION" signs, searching for "The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation" eventually...

;)

Now that's quite a sign of self-vilification indeed, while the clean burning of butane results in those 3 items only:

H2O
    CO2
    15 ~ 30 ppm "Impurities"

Butane ingestion wasn't a normal issue when i experimented with my 1st vaporist pipe in 2012. At the time i didn't gather the details around capturing a flame's corona to convert its energy for immediate vegetal vaporisation, while avoiding combustion; not to mention my lack of operator skills caused me to fail almost everytime. So i gave it away the week after, until the next year when i decided i'd adapt the pipe to my own limited skills... Which i have succeeded performing beyond my initial expectations. Creating a suite of jealous trolls on my passage.

<_<

Nonetheless, butane ingestion no longer bothers me. Actually my consumption method partially isolates the "Pre-Heating" phase from my lungs path, so to speak: inhalation force can be reduced to a faint airflow just barely sufficient to avoid self-extinction of the flame by the accumulation of hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2) plus what i call "Comet Dust", because butane is a petroleum product inherited from the extinct dynosaurs era... The reasoning is that it may be no worse than to stand on some urban sidewalk but i certainly acknowledge the desire of purists to ban all potential contamination, though i still do NOT confuse butane and its related impurities. Butane can be converted into practically harmless molecules, comet dust cannot. So i'll grant that.

Reconfiguration of the VaporGenie pipe through a dozen iterations lasting for weeks (if not months, specially in the begining!) required a total of 5 years, the spending of a couple thousand dollars and my fair share of sacrificed VG units. The ritual ain't slow & steady anymore as i've transformed the pipe's core into a "Thermal Bottle" indended to hold a "Heat Charge" matching the cannabic "WorkLoad". As a result the "Pre-Heating" and "Inhalation" phases are practically seperate, euh... M'well almost, which is why a Permanent Main "Pinhole" should be located directly on the customized VG top itself , because while inhaling there's Fresh Air mixed with whatever "Release/Transport Agent" enters the bowl (e.g. "Hot Dry Air" that's "Potentialized" by extra-hot exhaust gases - or just water vapor + carbonic gas (as from soft drinks essentially...), plus 15 ~ 30 ppm of comet dust.

Consequently i adopted an optimized pulse-heating model where a "cleaner" blue twin-flame torch is prefered to the popular jetable "yellow" Bic or similar, etc. Lets even mention its fuel tank needs to be refilled frequently to avoid the pressure drop that shall gradually affect available energy output, a confirmation reflecting approximative "Packetization" of the "Heat Charge" by virtue of this basic relationship involving mass in my Hybrid Core:

[​IMG]
    A "Pre-Heating" period of 2½ ~ 3 sec. at minimal inhalation force suffices, i can tell the difference by observing the accumulation of condensed water droplets in my Extension Tube. Such late "PinHole" relocation was the last finish touch and there are 3 of them along the path, cooling, oxygenating...

Quite frankly i wish someday i can tell about how little butane actually passes its MouthPiece! YMMV.

But that's supposed to be a "clever" SMOKER's thread anyway, so i'll try to conclude with similarities, mainly the "1-Hitter" pulse-heating aspect and associated "Release/Transport Agent" - in opposition to slow/steady "Baking" in absence of any "Potentialization" agent, as in popular "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" which share nothing in common with my former habit, as far as i'm concerned: no joy there, price-tags are meaningless. Identify what you miss most in smoking before starting to throw money listening to the songs of sirens!... Then refocus attention on those following a Self-Vilification pattern and avoid them specially...

Good day, have fun!! :D

8. Update - worst product ever

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. You live and learn bud. I just keep it simple with hemp blunts or glass bowl or bong. After switching from the lumber industry to the cannabis industry got decent 401k coming next week so may buy either Da Buddha vape or lifesaber vape.

10. Another moron has escaped...