The perfect thanksgiving turkey!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by blades1311, Nov 26, 2009.

1. My girlfriend and i will be spending our first thanksgiving together and i told her id cook the thanksgiving dinner. now keep in mind i love to cook. cooking and smoking are my passions. so ive came down with all the perfect sides but when it came down to it i dont have a good recipe for the turkey. so to all the blades out there what are ure secrets to cooking the perfect thanksgiving turkey. anything from deep fried to glazed or a nice simple roast.
    :smoke:

2. well when i cook a turkey i like to take it out of the oven overy 30-45 mins and use the baser and base it. use some spices if you desire, i like to make my turkey to taste exotic.

3. oh yeah well my family is having a 28lb turkey. beat that sheeet.:smoke:

4. yea i was thinking bout a rosemary honey butter glaze

5. well since i like having a fiesta of flavors on anything i eat im just going to use the recipe i used for regular chicken which is lemon peper,onion powder,garlic powder. Im not making a gravy either more of a baste that will be all those seasonings with some chicken broth and put some holes in the turkey and every half an hour baste it. Its something different for thanksgiving.

I was thinking of making a gravy with some cannabutter or a dessert like pudding pie with cannabutter but my family is coming over so thats a no go

Happy Turkey day :wave:

6. count down to food -

14 hours 30 minutes

please come faster

7. I have a live turkey in my backyard that were slaughtering tomorrow

8. Put shrooms in the stuffing.

9. awww good bye mister turkey u will be missed. MMmmmmm lemon pepper sounds delicious. haha i need to go to sleep so i can wake up in 6 hours and start the feast :)