The Perfect Flannel

Discussion in 'General' started by TheCruz831, Dec 30, 2013.

1. People castigate my belief that somewhere out there lays the perfect flannel. They say things like, "There's no such thing." Call me a snob. You already have about fifty flannels. You'll never find the perfect one.Well, fuck you. It's out there somewhere. And I'm going to find it. It may take a year, it may take a decade. It may be at O'Neill's on 41st, or it may be at Jack O'Neill's house over on East Cliff. Maybe one day he sees me one day surfing out in front of his house and he says, "That guys got some talent. I'm gonna wait for him to get out of the water." Then maybe when I get out, he says to me, "Excellent surfing. You can pick any piece of clothing out of my closet and keep it. It could be at a liquidación venta down passed the border. I will have it. Let me educate on the principals and parameters of the perfect flannel. The neck hole: not too big. Not too small. The collar doesn't have to be ironed every time it gets washed.The length: about 3 inches past the waist. About halfway down the zipper of my pants. Button size: Incognito. Not too big. Not too small. Button color: incognito. Matches the rest of the flannel. Button width: not too far apart. Not too close. About 3 or 4 inches apart. Button system: not snap-in. Actual buttons.Button material: not plastic. Flannel colors: unique and handsome. Preferably reminiscent of the ocean, and surfing. Width: doesn't hug me. But it doesn't do whatever it wants.Flannel material/stiffness: very comfortable, but not so much that it is weak, and that ripping is a risk. Still, it is not too stiff and durable. It is casually cozy. Balanced. Shoulder pads: none. Too fancy. Pockets: one front left pocket, about the size of an iPhone or a wallet. Goes with the plaid scheme. Doesn't draw attention. That is all that comes to mind, though there are intangibles. It may seem far fetched, but I am determined and dedicated. This is actually the only real goal in my life that I have at this point. "She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

2. Not a good look imo, and not only because its been repurposed by hipsters

3. It's 2014. Grunge is dead. Put your flannel away and buy a damn hoodie or something.

4. some flannel haters we got here. ^^
    I love flannels but I only only own one or two that I wear.

Sent from deeznutz using Grasscity forum app

5. I only wear a flannel thong...and that is saved for days well below zero. 

I sometimes wear it backwards while building a snowman.

Must have a comfy hammock for the banana.

6. #6 Toastin', Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013

Its 2013 and people do/wear what they want

open your damn mind or something. 

:bongin:

7. #7 Str8oFfThEtOP, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    Get a sense of humor, you'll enjoy life much more.

Also, LOL about "open your damn mind" in response to what I said. Stoners love saying, "open your mind" constantly

8. Its 2013 get a sense of humor

LOL U MAD BRO?

9. Hahaha, not at all.

10. the only perfect flannel was made between 1990 and 1995. but as a coincidence, this is the period in time when wearing flannel was never questioned.

11. a lot of people in the country always have and always will wear flannels lol. but it doesn't look grunge/trendy the way they wear it. i'm just saying stop into any rural king or tractor supple or something and right between to the john deer shirts and the carhartts you'll find a wide flannel selection. usually these are well made too, not thin, maybe a pocket or two, since people expect to both wear them for style or do work in them.

12. Thats good neither am I 

Love you man

13. there is a website where you can customize a polo to your exact specifications for about 100$ a shirt

maybe the same thing exist for flannel

14. <3

15. OP

You didn't mention. Are you going to be able to pee while you are wearing it?

16. remember in like 2009 when flannels became SUPER COOL after being dead for like 10 years? the thought of dressing exactly like all my friends was never so appealing.

17. [quote name="Snoop Toad" post="19255680" timestamp="1388448091"]Not a good look imo, and not only because its been repurposed by hipsters[/quote]
    Clothing trends differ from town to town, state to state, coast to coast. Not that flannels are trendy here, or un trendy, but frankly it doesn't really matter. I look damn good in a flannel, they're comfy. Also I'd like to clarify, I'm not talking about a country flannel, or a stupid ass valley flannel, I live in a surfing community.
    That would be pretty sick. Down to the button size and width and what not too?"She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"

18. i still rock my flannels. fuck what you think.