The perfect fan for any grow box. NO WIRING....!!!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by shawnb, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Hey picked up this fan from Big Lots yesterday. It has a usb plug in and on my phone charger has a usb plug and the fans work great. and no need for any wiring. Hope someone finds this useful.

Attached Files:

2. Isn't there a wire attached to most usb plugs?

3. Ah nevermind I know what you mean. Plenty of fans use an AC adapter that has the same knowledge requirements of a usb though.

4. i installed the fans in my box plugged the usb into my extra phone charger plugged it into the wall and it worked great. so no need to wire anything. ;)

5. I just thought it would be helpful you see ppl asking how to wire a pc fan and what to do with the ground or whatever. just spreading knowledge.

6. Do they work good? If so imma go scoop up 2 of those fuckers ASAP.

7. I think they work great. I was only gonna put one outtake fan and was a lil concerned about it. I saw this and had to try it and im glad i did.

8. Ill check em out!

9. How much you get them for?

10. They were $10

11. yeh i use those i bought thm on amazon for $5,for my box to the only thing is tht ther not tht strong but u can easyly be wired to a stronger fan

12. yeah, you can like stick a cheap 3 port USB hub onto the charger, and then your one phone charger is converted into three usb ports, which means you can power three fans off one plug. now THATS useful.

13. dude the perfect fans are the 4 dollar wal-mart ones imo

14. Now that will come in handy

15. or use some of these Better Quality fans and push more air u probably with 4 of these push 400 cfm in reality :)

16. You can buy surge protectors that have usb plug ins. That would save you the few extra dollars on the phone charger.