The people who generalize hip hop

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by whh10, May 19, 2010.

1. You aren't a man of music. Sorry.

2. ^ who are you to decide that

3. #23 whh10, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    Who is he to say that he knows more about music than I ever will? Its the same thing.

4. Never said it wasn't

5. ok....I dont exactly see your point in quoting me then but whatever.

6. It was more aimed at your post before that, saying he has terrible taste just cause you don't like who he likes.

7. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GEgdUj5rZw&feature=related]YouTube - DJ Spinna ft Torae - Lyrics Is Back + DOWNLOAD LINK[/ame]

8. I think it all comes down to one thing: music is getting shittier!

9. a- fucking-men.

and lol @ whh10. that's all i have to say to that ;p

10. I wish these threads would just wither up and die.

11. Hip hop and rap will always have doubts and generalizations but you have to look through that shit and enjoy for what it is.

There are so many types of hip hop, and they vary, but people mostly look at the mainstream shit and make stereotypes that they just talk about cars, women and cash money..

I love real hip hop:

Blue scholars are the shit
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qREupDMEPAU]YouTube - Blue Scholars "Coffee And Snow" Music Video HQ[/ame]

Classifed is the bomb also
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJdydiwkiUg]YouTube - Classified- Inspiration[/ame]

But don't get me wrong cause I know for a fact that the rock scene (punk, indie etc) gets stereotyped a lot into being bullshit.. Its not just hip hop

12. great signature that episode was awesome

13. this.

damn why do we have to argue about what someone else likes....

you like your music, that's all that matters why bitch about the way hip hop is going we all have rappers that we listen to so why complain...

14. LMFAO thanks, i know dude I hadn't seen it till last night and I laughed my ass off so hard

"It's Godzilla! We have angered him!"

15. The only people who say that are bitter old men. Reminds me of my Dad's friend who wont listen to anything besides AC/DC and Guns n Roses.

16. The airwaves are flooded with shit. this wasn't the case several years ago, but the ease of access to media outlets and the internet, and apparently the increasing artistic stupor in the general populace (washed masses of mainstream listeners) has made worthwhile music rare.

The airwaves are getting stale, it's happened before, something new will come along and sweep out this mainstream bullshit again soon. happened with rock, punk, grunge, metal, hip-hop... lets hope for a new golden era of music soon :cool:

17. There is a lot of mainstream bullshit, but I think there have always been bad pop songs even in the golden era's of music. There are still a lot of artist making great stuff.

Like when there were a bunch of hair metal bands and Nirvana came and knocked them all out. I think mainstream stuff (hip hop in particular) will take a turn for the better. Guys like Cudi are a step up from the crunk era with the ying yang twins and lil jon.

18. indeed, when good, *real* music and the mainstream integrate it' a rare and beautiful thing. hasn't really happened since the 90s, but it'll happen again, and soon i'd almost guarantee.

19. this.

there's always gonna be shitty music, and there's always gonna be good music. all you gotta do is look around and listen. :) I'm into underground rap myself, but I don't judge the kids that listen to mainstream stuff. I just hate the kids that think eminem is the only good rapper.

Fuckin white supremacists. :(

take er easy :smoking: