the people I work for........

Discussion in 'General' started by Crawfordthedank, Aug 10, 2013.

1. So wednesday I was at home all day nothing scheduled for my job. When some one at my job calls they are supposed to schedule things in advance. I get a call 2 and a half hours before a meeting I am supposed to be at and had no idea that I had a meeting scheduled and happpend to be out of service at the time I was called so the call did not show up on my phone. Yesterday I realize I got a voice mail by the random number
    005-001-008-0234 and I get the message that I was supposed to be at a meeting the other day. Nothing in my email about it, and they usually have emailed me about these things. 

I finally figure out the number that called me this morning and I called it back. I explain to the guy that I was called just 2 hours before the meeting and had no service when I was called so I could not see that I missed a call. The guy tells me "I don't need to hear any excuses! Have you learned anything from your orientation! Its a yes or no question, I have power over you, did you screw up? Yes or no." I asnwered, "yes." because it was obviously the answer he was looking for "Good" we can get you rescheduled. 

Now I am thinking how am I the one screwing up when they give you no opportunity to react to a meeting they are scheduling. Your supposed to give 48 hours notice if you aren't able to make it to something, and that was what they guy brought up. I was given 2.5 hours to get ready, drive 30 minutes and go to some meeting I have no idea about and I probably wouldn't have been able to make it since I was with my parents at a relatives house.

The guy said I could call the main office to reschedule and the last time I did that they guy over there ended up being a dickhole, yelled and swore for no real reason. Should I call them up? I need to get money god damn it and these guys are making it far from easy. 

2. They are so stupid. 

3. Sounds like your fault for not checking your voicemails. I work in a shitty ass place sorting through people's old, dirty clothes, so i dont have much sympathy for people with good jobs. deal with it mate.

4. Should you call and reschedule? It sounds like a mandatory thing for the job, so if you want to keep/or get the job(not sure if already employed) then I'd say yes.

Life is hard and unfair, you will be yelled at many times for no apparent reason.

5. #5 Crawfordthedank, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    But how am I expected to show up to a meeting with 2 hours notice, when the drive is 45 minutes away? I was told nothing of it and I was at a dinner at a relatives house since I thought I was free and happened to be called when I had no service.

These guys have given me wrong numbers and caused other people to get mad at me and they are very unclear what they want me to do so when I call them with a questions or plans of rescheduling they get all pissy when I have told them I can not make it (that was another incident). They never return phone calls either.

I wish I had your job, your actually working.  

6. Yell back with your reasons when they have none and you're on top of them.  But I can't get fired from my job, I'd have to want to leave for that to happen.

HAHA! Never thought i'd hear someone wishing for my job. Digging through bags of poop stained clothes to sell the good pieces to the white trash that shop there. My job sucks man.

Only reason I do it is cuz...well... idk why the fuck i do it.

8. haha If I wore some gloves in may be cool. Why do people donate shit stained clothes though? 

Dude, people are fuckin gross man. Ive been working here almost 2 years though and never been sick. Knock on woods.

10. lol people need to realize that donations aren't for when you shit your pants then. Make a sign and put that up in the donations drop off. " NO SHIT STAINS IN THE PANTS"

11. What exactly is your job title? Are you like a real business-y type person? Do you lead the meetings or do you just have to be present at them and listen? Sorry for my whole post being nothing but questions, lol. :)  

12. Its like a minimum wage job and the meeting was to show me around the stadium. Its a simple job, its just hard to get these guy to communicate clearly. 

13. Sounds like you didn't want to go to work . Stop being lazy and making excuses

14. Reminder: There are 100's of dipshits lined up waiting for your position to become vacant. Make yourself available while looking to better your situation.