The Parent Conversion Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Synthesize, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Hello GC :smoke:

A quick overview before I start:
    The Goal is to convert a parent(s), to let you blaze, or even blaze with you.
    For all those who are living with anti-weed and uninformed parents, this is your sanctuary for discussing such issues.

My parents are such that have tried weed before, and have either not realized it's potential or have chosen just not to do it again for whatever reason. They are ill informed with their most treasured fact saying that if you smoke 7 Joints in your lifetime, that is the equivalent of frying your brain on a frying pan.

I too thought they were joking, but this is how ridiculous their knowledge is about Marijuana itself. This detail really just speaks for itself about how my parents feel about weed, and not much else should be stated about that.

Growing up I was always a good kid in the eyes of my parents, didn't cause much trouble or bother them a lot. I hung out with friends on the weekends, the usual thing. I started smoking when I was 14 because I felt I was mature enough and a lot of my friends began to start as well. I have never been caught by my parents and I have been high around them before.

When I was 15 I decided to just straight out tell them. I figured I shouldn't take the chance of them finding out on their own, so i decided to break the news myself. I knew they would be mad, but at this point in time I didn't know their views on it and whatever.

They were mad nonetheless, but I had played the "I just tried it once" card, and thats all it was. I am still living with them today and ever since I have just been toking along.

Now enough with the bantering and here is what I am going to do about it.

A few days ago me and my dad had a friendly discussion about weed and how he had tried it once and all that stuff. He didn't have a good experience with it, and his good friend passed away recently. He blamed this death on weed even though his good friend was an alcoholic and did unmentionables.

Now I questioned his logic on this 7 joints- brain fry nonsense and he watched a documentary on this. So I tell him this, that if I show him "The Union" which I described as a very good, eye opening documentary then I will allow him to instill that other propaganda bullshit one on.

This thread is just mainly for others to post similar stories and what they will do about it, and me to update my progress.

The primary goal of this thread is to "convert" your parents to WEEDISM:hello:

My current status report: Finding a day this week to sit down and watch "the union" with him. Fathers day would be such an appropriate day to do so, but it wouldn't work out today.

Sorry for the long and probably boring wall of text, but I just wanted to get something out there... ya dig? :cool:

2. I'm going to try to convert my parents soon. I know my dad will flip out a lot more then my mom, and my Grandma is going to have give her 2 cents on it. Maybe get grounded for rest of summer and get a job immediately. If that happens then I may consider moving out.

3. You should find out their views on it if it makes it any easier. Then you know what your dealing with.

4. I kind of already know the views, they are against it. Because they view many of my friends to be "drug users" and don't want me hanging with them. But my uncle told me that my parents used to do them when they were dating a long time ago. Just gonna see how it goes when I tell them.
    Should I do it high? Probably not but then again, maybe.

5. Or you could just move out...

6. What....? And they'd have to make their own money and fend for themselves? Unbelievable.

7. Let me move out with a job or car. Seems like I'll do fine.

No.

Continue to live off parents for now and just keep smoking a secret?

Yes.

8. Get a job?

Yes

9. Working on it. Not as easy as 1-2-3.

10. Dont do it high and as corny as it sounds do it from your heart. My dad has been having sleep and stress issues and I think it may help him as well.

11. #11 cougheee, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    This shit is ridiculous..

Your parents' view on weed isn't going to change because you smoke it or show them some movie. If you wanna smoke weed and they don't want you to GET A JOBBBB :eek: and move the fuck out

12. Thanks captain for repeating Mushroom.:hello:

13. Anytime, he speaks the truth

edit: have fun showing your parents The Union while I'm burning a fathers day blunt with my popzzz

14. Everyone is entitled to there own oppinion..............BUT NOT THESE PEOPLE

15. Damn Texans.

[​IMG]

16. #16 Synthesize, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks cougheee hopefully next year I will accomplish that.

Ill post progress as I break down their walls of ignorance.

17. lmao, most parents aren't just gonna watch some stoner documentary and go "ooooh, you can smoke now"

18. The Union is an exceptional documentary. We held screenings a few months back at my local university.

19. Aaaactually The Union is a very openly biased documentary that anyone not in favor of weed will easily blow off as a bunch of stoners making excuses.

20. #20 noseatbeltcrash, Jun 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2011
    I don't disagree but it is still an exceptional doc on marijuana. One of very few that actually cover marijuana in it's entirety. It may not be the best documentary to try and convince dad to smoke an L with you, hell, no doc is going to do that. I doubt you even change his mind on the issue, people are typically set in their ways, yeah...