The Papacy, The Vatican, and the Roman Empire

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Mar 2, 2020.

1. This is an open thread to discuss the topics in the title. Forum rules and guidelines please.

The reason I am getting into this is because of the Sabbath change that many members have pointed out to me and that I am learned of. I was a general born again christian, but now I am exploring protestantism and looking into evangelicalism.

2. What about Orthodox?

3. I thought born agains were evangelicals?

4. Really enjoying this podcast

Ryan Reeves

Straight up lecture style without bs dramatization and/or cantankerous music track.

5. Not sure. Would have to research it.

6. Also not sure, though I think you're right. But not all born again Christian's are protestants or 7th day adventists

7. @Free Hat mind I invite you to join this thread at your choosing? I would like to talk about the Sabbath with you.

8. The truth I have found so far is ultimately Jesus has dominion over all denomination of religion, and even in the non believer, He operates in the mind of us.

Shalom if you agree with this.

9. If it was 2 thousand years ago you’d be discussing if he’s name is Zeus or Jupiter.

Is it really the year 2020. Just do what the rest do and believe in what your elders tell you too.

10. And yet we’re told we’ll spend an Eternity in a fiery painful Hell if we dont believe and drop to our knees - so how could this be.

If folks of the Jewish tradition dont believe Jesus to be the messiah, then in the eyes of christians, they will all go to Hell as well.

HELL. An eternity of pain and suffering no matter how pious you are - and even though Jesus was jewish.
    The whole deal is extremely confusing.

One thing I never ever ever understood - and ask because this thread is related to Catholicism is how catholics can decide to make a person a “saint”, wear and hang medals and statues - and actually pray to these “saints”???

This is basically Idolatry.

Right?

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1

11. Theres some wrong thinking here from a spiritual and theological perspective. Drop to your knees? No. Receive Christ and trample the enemy, become the head, not the tail.

I'm not Catholic, so I dont pray their prayers on r worship Mary. I give reverence to Mother Mary, but I dont worship her. The only thing I worship is Christ. As is scriptural.

Also, do you not realize that Christ can save whoever He chooses? Christ saved the thief on the cross simply by telling him he was saved, and dying on the cross for him. Yet there are Christian's who will go to hell. Hear this if you have ears to hear.

12. Wait - whats “wrong” about it? Christianity tells me that probably 90% of the world will spend Forever - INFINITE TIME - ETERNITY in pain and suffering - burning in a fiery inferno. It tells me that all of the millions of Hindu’s, which is the part of the world my grandpa hailed from, Buddhists, Jews and young innocent children for crying out loud - will suffer in hell. Christianity has been shown over centuries and most recently to friggin rape children, start wars in the name of god, torture people, have incredible bank accounts while poor folks suffer - what I could go on with could fill pages.

While I understand that at least some of this is the man and not the god, I’m gonna tell ya man, the scare tactics and stuff listed above are not very appealing to me.

I cant stand the “do as I say and not as I do” perspective from the Old Testament. This (these) books make up half of the Christian bible and so much is slavery, incest, death, god wiping out cities, firstborn children and I am not interested in worshiping like this.

I hated - boy, I HATED, as a child and teen, when I asked these questions of adults and church elders that I was told “just because “.

But one of the questions I posed above was about Catholics and their saints and making medals of them and essentially praying to these saints that were deemed saints by men.

People cannot just be good people and help each other, no matter what part of the world or religion they were born into - or they will suffer forever. This sucks in my opinion. I cant stand these scare tactics.

Edit: For the non-believer, there is also absolutely no proof at all of any of this. NONE. Why should we believe these ancient tales? Give me a reason. Show me ANYTHING.

ANYTHING??

j

13. The Catholic Church intentionally moved pedophile child raping priests around to avoid prosecution. They suppress evidence. Despite being a multibillion dollar operation they're always asking for more. Evil entity but good artwork.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So you currently think Christianity is right.
    But now your thinking about changing faiths to one of two other religions.

Go hit Google for the definition of "pareidolia" mate. It will help you better understand what's happening.

15. Protestantism and 7th day Adventism both fall under Christianity.

16. So how can one or the other hold true over Christianity?

Surely to go with iether option would be to go against Christianity itself ?

17. Check these out:
    Bible Studies There is an app on Roku as well if you have it.

Here is one of several sources. The Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) Old and New Testament. Or search and find one you like.
    Read the The Complete Jewish Bible Free Online

Tom Bradford is a Jew who believes Jesus is the Messiah. We used to call them "completed Jews", but now days I think they prefer "Messianic Jews".
    I came across this in my search to understand the culture of the people during Bible times. I'm getting a lot out of it.

I've been pretty comfortable with steering away from the "social club" and "label" mentality. Although....I've always kinda liked being referred to as a "Jesus freak". That's just sounds cool!

18. Well nobody is ever made a saint in the RCC. Sainthood is simply public recognition of a person's existing holiness (according to the RCC's own faith and investigation). The public recognition doesn't (and obviously can't) make anyone holier than they were in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Christ Jesus is dominion over all religions according to Christian theology. Just as he is alpha and omega over Satan, there is true and false Catholicism just like there is true and false christianity.

20. #20 Skyjester, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Whatever floats your boat imo. Personally I worship God and not his message carriers. I'm just explaining how sainthood works in the RCC. In my view only one object of worship exists in the entire universe, and everything else (prophets, scriptures, dogma, clergy etc, literally everything) represent imposed and unnecessary middlemen between me and my Creator. IME God is what remains when the final human concept of him is dispensed with. After 20+ years of indoctrination in the RCC it took me even longer to dispense with the artificial imagery and replace it with an authentic relationship with God.

• Like Like x 2