The Oxycontin company here got shut down.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bon idee, Mar 8, 2009.

1. The day before yesterday, the Oxycontin company here that supplies the majority of the people in this state their Oxycodone was busted by the DEA or something like that. It cost my friend's mom over $700 to get just half of her script filled. They used to go for $10-12 here and now all of a sudden, you're lucky if you find them for $16.

Apparently, our state abuses them more than most of the country and it's an "epedemic". It happened really fast, though. Like, I got some for a friend on Monday for $10, then on Wednesday, they're $20.

I don't know what forum this would be appropriate in but I'm sure the mods will move it.

I'm just letting everyone know, and hoping it doesn't happen to you.

2. Pandora's box is the right place for this. And damnnnn why did the DEA shut that shit down? Were they illegitimate or something? That suuucks, but I'm sure things will turn around for ya. Whenever there is a demand, trust me, supply will come. :D

I've never done oxy's. ALWAYS wanted to, but nobody I know ever had em. I've done Vicodin, Codeine, Hydrocodone and all that, but I've heard none of that compares to oxy's. Right now I'm havin the time of my life with some yaaay and some liquor, so I'm chillin.

Good luck killaaa!

3. I hope they stop making hill-billy heroine ALL TOGETHER

4. Oxy is more of a rush because it's more pure. They don't water it down with so much apap or whatever else they mix in.

I know it was a legit company, but idiots that don't like drugs tell them that it's the company's fault that people abuse the pills, or that it's the company's fault that someone sells them to their neighbors and friends. It's ridiculous, but the dea has a point, if we have nowhere to get oxys from, then we can't snort them and sell them. It just sucks because I like to do them on the weekends.

5. forget about oxy and just buy weed or percs or hydro if you want it?

6. Ah bullshit. Like I said just give it a little time. People who push are veryyy creative with that shit. If they cant get it one way, there's always another. You'll be fine inside a month.

7. Oxy's rock smokeitdown. Very, very fun. Got to be careful with the serious opies though. It's a bitch to quit them.

8. Ah, so I've heard. I don't have much of an addictive personality. I have been able to drop cigs, bud, and liquor cold turkey, and I never got a grip from coca, even though I did it 10+ times in a month or 2.

9. I'm telling you opies are a whole other thing. Once you taste you can't forget how awesome life could be if you could always be like that. You will honestly feel that way. It's kind of scary how good they feel. In no way am I trying to talk you out of it :) .

10. honestly you have no idea what your talking about. you said they are your moms pills and it sure sounds like it. the "oxycontin" company is no such thing, that is just the brand name for the ER version of oxycodone.

they are not pulling them off the market unless there is a suitable substitute to take its place. YES there is a shortage because of the increased demand here is a link to the FDA website showing the shortages

http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/shortages/default.htm#Current

fuck you man. not everyone rx'd to them abuses them. these pills allow me to walk everyday. i would be in a wheelchair if it werent for opiate painkillers. ive been on oxycontin and recently roxicodone because of the price, but since the shrot i have switched to hydromorphone 'dilaudid' and its working great. i do agree, fuck the people that scam doctors and kids that are caught selling they script, but little do the dea and everyone else know there are people who need to use them

its less stranious on the brain for someone in pain to be taking an opiate painkiller flooding the receoptors and killing the pain(not gettin high like everyone thinks) than to be rx'in kids amphetamines to chill there add out. thats more of a problem if your looking at long term brain effects and dependance.

note to dea. tolerance grows with opiate medications, we not trying to get high/ but rather addiquite pain reliefe

11. Haha I hear you man. Nothing wrong with a little advice! I really don't think I'll ever end up doing oxy's. Most pharmas dont do too much for me. Like I said I know that oxy's are a shit-ton better than Vic's or Hydrocodone, but ah whatever. I'm good where I'm at. Finally got that goooood too :D Go take a peep at the appreciation thread ;)

12. if you're swallowing for pain.. I have nothing against that..

13. what bad advise. sorry but saying opiates are the devil is true, ive seen many kids ruin they lives because of oxys man, sounds like your goin down the path. one thing i can advise is stop chasing your first high. after seeing people go through houses, cars and even kids cuz of this shit it gets real man. i take them for pain and i dont even tell kids, cuz when people did the crackheads come out the woodworks. just becareful man if you dancin wit the devil

14. I don't guess it really matters if I spell it Oxycontin or Oxycodone if generic is the same thing, does it?

It was my friend's mom, I don't know what I typed, but that's what I meant

Alll I'm saying is everyone around here is jacking up the prices because nobody can afford to pull them out of the pharmacy anymore. I'm pretty sure something big happened for everyone to be changing prices around at the same time. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but the DEA story was the only one I've hard so far.

And if you don't like reading posts about opiates, Pandora's Box isn't the forum for you.

15. #15 LegitBaller, Mar 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
    lol theres so much ignorance in this thread...
    bon idee, why wouldnt you provide a link?
    you clearly have no clue what your talking about, stop while your still ahead, and take a lesson from dblock while your at it.
    i dont know whats funnier, the fact you believe what the DEA tells you, or the fact you think that something happend to the "oxycontin company" and thats why your dealers are upping the price on your pills...its called the drug trade, and they're trying to scam you.
    "The day before yesterday, the Oxycontin company here that supplies the majority of the people in this state their Oxycodone was busted by the DEA or something like that"
    LOL, sorry...thats just too funny.

16. Im pretty sure the person you buy them from made up this excuse just to raise the prices on you.

17. well in FL there is a back-order on oxycodone and it has been for 2+ months, and i herd it was a nation wide shortage. i had a link to the fda website, saying it was just shorted because an increase to demand. i would be chargin extra if i were slangin them because people that actually need them cant get them from the pharmacy, so we just had to change our script for the time being

18. actually oxycodone is the main ingredient to oxycontin (oxycontin being the brand name for the extended release ER form) they also come in IR version mostly in the form of roxicodone

there are a few manufacturers of both.
    oxycontin- Purdue and Mallinckrodt, but Malli ending in 09' some have extra stock but most dont
    oxycodone IR- Ethex, Mallinckrodt, Purdue, Roxane, Amide(they were the best A215 discontinued)

no one can get them from the pharmacy because of the shortage, and even if there isnt they are maddd expensive. I have a teriable back and am rx'd them but i have to do roxicodones becuase they are cheap, but becuase of the short ive switched to hydromorphone(dilaudid)

19. The shortage is of IR oxycodone not XR.