Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The orange hairs on bud

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by joeyalf, Oct 23, 2010.

1. I have been looking and looking. What exactly are the orange hairs on a bud? What do they mean? What are they made/consist of? any specific information would be helpful please.

2. The orange hairs on the cannabis plant are called pistils. They are basically the reproductive organs of plants.

3. ergo, it's mary jane's pee-pee?:eek:

4. Thanks for the info, do these pistils have thc on/in them?, if so, do they have a lot or a little thc content? Do they have other cannabinoids in/on them?

5. dude.. just don't worry bout it.. smoke the damn weed and get high...

6. LMAO although he is right its more like mary janes coo-coo cuz shes a girl

7. The pistils on female plants start out white and then turn orange as the plant matures. As said before, these are the reproductive organs of the flower. They help by receiving pollen from male plants.

Pistil | Define Pistil at Dictionary.com

cannabis_female7.jpg

8. Nothing wrong in wanting to know more about what you are smoking. With every toke, you are letting the smoke from the weed into your body...wouldn't you want to know the most about something you are smoking? I mean, I'd like to be informed as much as I could because, after all, you are consuming it and letting it into your lungs. It intrigued me when I first started seeing any color besides green and trichomes in my bud.

Here is a thread on another forum which is related to your question:
    pistils vs trichome question

9. Ah, yes you got me bro:hello: