Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The opposite of Paranoia?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by G4Grassdetta, Dec 4, 2012.

1. I realize that paranoia is a common thing among smokers and for most people what follows it isn't an issue. *I'm not knocking people that get paranoid or anything like that...a lot of paranoia I feel is curable but some will still remain for some people regardless of setting/people/mood.*

My problem is I do not have any paranoia despite the strain. (30+ strains with no name weed thrown in the mix) While this comes in mighty handy in almost every situation, in that I can enjoy a high almost anywhere, it can be the opposite in others.

Ex: Carrying on a long conversation with a cop because you feel he is totally chill and couldn't tell you are high (happened to me at a rave lol) he just laughed at me which was fortunate. (I also had mush on me which was even worse)

Ex: Hanging out with my parents blazed when I come into town and not worrying about eye drops or anything because I get emotional high so I just play it off as crying a lot lol and I'm sure they can tell that my thought processes are altered but I don't live with them so maybe not

Ex: Hanging around public places and having mini sermons about the positives of Cannabis (one of the worst lol)

I assume most people avoid cops/people that could make a high difficult but I just feel super comfortable around people when I'm high that it doesn't matter to me.

The first time I got high we went to a public restaurant and I talked for an hour about the benefits and mind expansion possibilities marijuana has how everyone should experience marijuana and that the world would be a better place...My friends were like "dude, at least be a little paranoid..."

^I've learned to tone it down since then and be deliberately Ambiguous and pretend I'm talking about getting drunk but man do I want to just be super honest and talk about it with everyone.

other times talking is for pleasure...

having a deep radio voice, every time I talk when I'm high feels like listening to dubstep high...it vibrates my body and feels super cool. So I talk, not because I'm chatty sometimes, but because I'm a hardcore Hedonist :cool:

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what they do about it if anything. Or just live and learn ;)

*Note this is not a thread about paranoia but the opposite*

didn't realize this post was this long lol

2. I bet the ladies love it if you talk into their vagina.

3. Lol...I just went out for a Doughnut and talked forever to the cashier. Da heck lol.

*no creeper, she was engaged in the convo* :p

4. Your a confident person OP. You don't have to tone it down at all, I wouldn't mind talking about marijuana with you in a public place. Just realize, most people in this world are very insecure with themselves and their abilities.

Being paranoid is totally fine too, and it's OK that your not. Some people are just extremely careless, and you sound like you're being a responsible stoner.

Kudos to you!

5. This happens to me every now and again (I live in a non medical conservative state lol). It's rather pleasant

6. It's called complacency dude.

You may be able to get away with it forever but if you ever get popped by the po you'll most likely change your tune.

7. You dont get paranoid when you stop giving a fuck what others think. Just gotta do you and be confident in your skin.

8. Paranoia comes when you've been arrested and served time.

9. You are nothing like us.lol

10. #10 G4Grassdetta, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Well I don't talk about my connections/dealer/stash just experiences and personal outlook so I feel I could weasel out of any "probable cause"

If I get arrested for possession I consider that one of the risks and I gladly take it...Risk vs Reward. Even a year in jail would be worth the enlightenment and personal enjoyment, besides there's weed in prison :p To be sure I am super discreet when it comes to current possession...Previous possession I'm somewhat too forthcoming but I will never talk about growing in public except in a theoretical capacity.

You can't really be suspected for discussing medicinal theory or even current/past systems of thought regarding MJ

...stuff is fun to type while buzzed hehe whether it makes sense or not...only the morning will tell

11. Shh! ... Did you hear that?

12. Over optimism that nothing bad will happen.

13. On another note...I just smoked with someone that got super paranoid because they thought that the cops could hear us through my apartment wall...from then on I could only carry on a convo about soda brands (all he could think of lol) :confused:

rounded it out with some pink floyd later but jeez some people can't talk for crap high lol

14. It's called fuckit.

I get it often instead of paranoia.

15. Werd I don't get paranoid either, I've learned to handle it logically and focus on enjoying the moment rather than thinking irrationally. Guess it might be confidence.

16. Hey G4,

Glad to hear about your much blessed experiences with pot, free of paranoia. But I'm even more happy to see that casual non-paranoid stoners are becoming aware of the reality of the paranoid high and how it can produce frightening experiences in some individuals and often besmirch the reputation of our darling Mary Jane.

For six months now I've been running a consultancy in Vancouver, British Columbia called MPMC, devoted to helping paranoid pot smokers recontextualize and reinvent their paranoid tendencies.

On thing I'll share with you, among the many elements that contribute to the paranoid high, perhaps the most important under-discussed variable is genetic. Recent research has identified a dopamine processor gene called COMT (Catechol-O=Methyl Transferase) that, in clinical studies, appears to heighten the risk of experiencing MIPA (marijuana-induced paranoia/anxiety). The nice thing about this gene, however, is that certain of its expressions are epigenetic in nature, meaning that environmental factors and mental training can alter the genes behavior. I strongly urge you and all others who are privileged to experience overwhelmingly rewarding effects from cannabis, to be considerate of those with paranoid proclivities. It is not something that can be dealt with by simple solutions. By the same token, you couldn't tell an person who lacks confidence that she can fix her problems by just "being more confident." Though a complicated matter, my practice has taught me that change is indeed possible when focus and hard work is applied.

Best,

Bryan

facebook.com/makesmeparanoid