The only thing that matters is being happy

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jdahms, May 26, 2010.

1. Fuck the rest of the bullshit. Fuck money. Fuck what society thinks "success" is. Success is finding something that you can be happy doing for the rest of your life.

Just been thinking about my future, and what my plans are. I have no idea what I want to do, but I do know that I dont care WHAT I do or how shitty the pay is or what anyone thinks about what I end up doing for the rest of my life as long as Im happy doing it, because that is all that matters

2. Couldn't have said it better myself!

That's when I started to live.

3. Not sure how to respond to this but I wanted to because I agree.

4. hell yeah, too bad you dont find many people with the same thoughts, too many people care about material possessions.

5. Thanks for the kind responses fellas :D

6. Yea this is very well said. I feel the same way. +rep for being smart

7. i agree, although i would change it personally to fully experiencing the beauty of life while you are here is all that matters

and if thats what you are doing happiness and love will come naturally (although you have to experience sadness and other emotions, otherwise what would make happiness so great? other emotions are just as beautiful, we just cant see that because they cause us pain)

8. I once came to the same exact conclusion. Kudos.

9. Eh, I like my stuff.

But hey, whatever works for people :D

10. If acquiring said stuff makes you happy then it all still applies :cool:

11. Right on brah! Great attitude. I think I may need to adopt in this happy thinking :smoke:

12. dude i totally agree. ive had many realizations that people today are blinded by what they want in life. i would rather live life and experience it because that is worth 1000x more than any material possession.

13. This is a good philopshy unless you're a sociopath then it's bad....example jeffery dahmer was happy butchering people and fucking their dead bodies....this is not good.

14. I do agree, the pursuit of happiness is the most important goal in life.

However, everything needs to be taken in moderation and sometimes you may have to endure times of unhappiness in order to be happier later in life.

Good thinking though, I have no idea what I want to do either.

15. I don't want to diminish the value of your realization, but this is one of the main points of Aristotle's philosophy. Check it out, it can be some powerful stuff.