Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The one thing I dislike about weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Dankboy Blunt, May 4, 2012.

1. Sup guys, I've smoked about 9 or 10 times and I absolutely love it. I love the act of lighting the bowl and then releasing the carb and getting a huge rip. I love how when I'm high everything is funny and I look at the bright side of things.

There is only ONE thing I dislike about weed: the drowsy, sleepy feeling I have the next day. I usually smoke at night around 10 and if its a school night I go to sleep by 12:00-12:30, which is when I usually go to sleep. Every time I smoke, the next day I have this terrible drowsiness. It's almost like I'm still high, but then again it's not. Does this happen to u guys? Is there a way to prevent it?

tl;dr the morning after I smoke is kinda crappy because of the drowsiness I feel. Is there a way to prevent this? Does it happen to u guys too? Is it because I'm a noob and my tolerance is nonexistent?

Thanks in advance :D

2. No there is no way to prevent it...thats just what weed does to you. Not to call you out...but you go to school? So how old are you??? 18...and the most. I've been smoking weed for years man. You get use to the feeling...lol.

Drink a cup of coffee or have some caffeine in the morning to get ya goin.

3. I dislike the price :/

4. Best advice - Don't smoke before bed.

There is literally no better advice other than get more sleep if you aren't getting atleast 8 hours.

Welcome to weed! But for weed advice in general, always make sure that you don't revolve around weed. Let weed revolve around you. Always remember that it's nice to be sober, unless of course you are a medical user and it's for a medical condition.

That being said,

smoke up ;D

5. I love everything about the plant.

6. Thanks :D btw, yes I am in highschool. I'm a senior, 18 years old. Just 1 more month left of school then off to college :)

So basically just don't smoke at night? That kinda sucks cuz that's the only time I can hahah. I usually only smoke 1< a week but still.

7. Well you go to school so you probably get up around 7ish. That isnt enough sleep according to studies and what not, and weed amplifies tiredness, so try getting more sleep. Plus your a teenager so you're gonna have really odd sleep habits. All of us do

8. i dont really get drowsy, i still have a little buz and its awesome!

9. you going to love your weekends, i don't get up till about 3 or 4 on mine and thats going to bed at 10 and im 19...

10. Yep you just took me back to 10th grade haha. I would smoke every night on school nights because I just had it my house and had nothing else to do. I thought my brain was damaged and that I would feel that way forever, but it came down and it stops feeling like that the day after a while. However, when you smoke you'll still feel kind of tired right when the high comes down.

11. That is EXACTLY how I feel. Almost word for word!

12. I feel the same way whenever i smoke a lot at night then wake up the next day. I feel stiff, and a little drowsy. Sometimes i even get an afterglow, which is awesome. the drowsyness can be avoided, just depends on the right strain. We all dont have the luxery of specific strains. But still, Indica's at night lead to calm mornings. Sativa's give me that drowsy feeling when i wake up from a heavy sesh the night before. Everyone is different though, just my personal experiences.

13. [quote name='"Dankboy Blunt"']

That is EXACTLY how I feel. Almost word for word![/quote]

No way bro you come down from your high too? I thought it was just me

14. it's probably just your tolerance. i think i may vaguely remember experiencing that in my earlier years

15. Anyone else tokin on c99 tonight? It's some new stuff I bought, never tried it but it was pretty cheap and very frosty.

16. That use to happen the fist few times I smoked.

17. Yea, the morning drowsiness does suck. Like you, I smoke at night. Going to the gym in the morning usually "snaps" me awake. I think physical activity in general will cure that "hangover."

Also make sure you're not eating all kinds of crap when your high. That will definitely not help the following morning.

Good breakfast helps too. I like a citrus fruit with eggs or oatmeal. One cup of coffee.

Shower. Cold (or even just slightly colder than your normal temp) is better, I think.

Make sure you're getting a solid 7-8 hours of sleep. I usually pretty groggy most mornings, but I get home at like 11:45pm. Then I wake up at 7:45am. I'm usually up till 1, 2... sometimes 3am. So I'm going to sleep high and sleeping 6 hours or less. On days I get a longer night's rest, I usually wake up refreshed.

I think vaping helps? I've been using my vaporizer for the last three nights, and I've been waking up feeling wide awake. Too early to say for sure, but so far.

18. sleep for longer and dont smoke rightbefore bed, youll wake up feeling happy and just good in general

19. Thanks everyone for the feedback :D. Ive decided to smoke a little earlier and go to bed earlier. Usually after I smoke (btw I only pack enough for 2 hits and I'm blasted) I usually eat a bowl of cereal then watch a movie and let myself fall asleep.

Happy smoking :)

20. #20 AlbitheDragon, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    Eventually you get used to it, but it definitely happened the first 5 or so times I smoked. The only thing I dislike about weed is that it takes 30 days or so to wash out of your system.